Thread: Mouse and keyboard is cheating on console | Forums

Mouse and keyboard is cheating on console

Hey ubi ,
    Please fix the mouse and keyboard cheaters.
    In higher levels of the game (ranked plat/diamond) there are too many mouse players , controllers cant compete to mouse

This has to be fixed or this gonna hurt siege on console (im not alone in this one)
     16 people found this helpful

This 100%.

If Ubisoft can't fix it, which is a lie since you can recognise the inputs of a Xim4 (eg they don't have analogue sticks which means they always move with optimal speed or not + aiming with the right stick is always instant as well).

At least publicly (ingame) announce it's banable.
     7 people found this helpful

Erm...

Or you can take $20 to Walmart and buy a mouse and keyboard for your console. If you acknowledge that a mouse and keyboard is superior, why not use one? Limiting the input devices we can use because you don't like it is ridiculous.

People don't play games on consoles just so they can use the controller. People play games on consoles because it's considerably cheaper and easier to have games run well and stable. If a beast gaming rig only cost me between $300-$500 like an Xbox does, you best bet I would be on the PC.

I think you're just upset because you get rolled in ranked. Get good. Keep practicing. Build a team and some team strategies.
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by ViudaFabricante Go to original post
    Or you can take $20 to Walmart and buy a mouse and keyboard for your console. If you acknowledge that a mouse and keyboard is superior, why not use one? Limiting the input devices we can use because you don't like it is ridiculous.

People don't play games on consoles just so they can use the controller. People play games on consoles because it's considerably cheaper and easier to have games run well and stable. If a beast gaming rig only cost me between $300-$500 like an Xbox does, you best bet I would be on the PC.

I think you're just upset because you get rolled in ranked. Get good. Keep practicing. Build a team and some team strategies.
    Wrong. Rainbow Six is made to not allow keyboard and mouse. In order to use it, tiny ego cheaters must first buy a third party mod for their system that turns the key and mouse inputs into controller inputs to trick the system. This is definitely cheating and people should be banned for it.
     13 people found this helpful

Well, with that being the case; I agree. Going around hard coded mechanics should rightfully be bannable; an exploit is an exploit.

I do stand behind my reasoning that mouse and keyboard should be allowed on console though. The controller isn't the appeal of a console; the barrier to entry of cost on PC is the appeal of a console.
     1 people found this helpful

fr3aked_out's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Aenigmatista Go to original post
    This 100%.

If Ubisoft can't fix it, which is a lie since you can recognise the inputs of a Xim4 (eg they don't have analogue sticks which means they always move with optimal speed or not + aiming with the right stick is always instant as well).

At least publicly (ingame) announce it's banable.
    PS4 does not work with kb and mouse directly. Also Xim tricks console to read mouse and kb as controller, so it makes it analogue. Now if you try to make it automatic, it might ban someone that just has high sensitivity on the controller. I am against it also, putting a mouse and kb on console, that's why when i get bored of ps, i play it on my computer.

That's not how this works...

Anyway it's unfair to have mouse and kb on console. If you wanted that, buy it on PC also, see if you are good there.
     4 people found this helpful

Mouse and keyboard doesnt give better call ous or give better game sense.

Originally Posted by fr3aked_out Go to original post
    That's not how this works...

Anyway it's unfair to have mouse and kb on console. If you wanted that, buy it on PC also, see if you are good there.
    No; that's exactly how it works. "Want a gaming edge? Buy an Elite controller!" is Microsoft's stance on it... and that's a $130 peripheral. My PC won't run this game, and a decent gaming PC is going to run anywhere between $800-$1200, not including software.

Again I reiterate, the appeal of the console is NOT the input method; it's the cost. Giving everybody the option to use a mouse and keyboard is a fair way to eliminate the problem. Are you more comfortable with a controller? Play with a controller. Are you more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard? Play with a mouse and keyboard! It's that simple. All you do by banning it outright is give an edge to those who are willing to purchase these adapters to skirt the limitations; and that creates an imbalance.

Give me ONE good explanation on how giving everybody the ability to use a mouse and keyboard if they so choose is unfair or bad. What exactly is the down side?
     2 people found this helpful

Even if it was as simple as buying a usb KB n mouse to play on PS4/XB you would still need some sort of table/desk to set it up on. Not everybody has that luxury. And besides if you need to use it on gimped players just to win a game you should probably just go back to PC. I never did see the appeal to using exploits like this or doing other things like cheating/hacking for easy wins. The point of a competitive game is to surpass your peers on an even playing field. That's what makes it fun, or so I thought.

Give me ONE good explanation on how giving everybody the ability to use a mouse and keyboard if they so choose is unfair or bad. What exactly is the down side?
    Play literally any competitive FPS on PC with a gamepad and you'll learn the obvious advantages of playing with a Keyboard n mouse. Not saying that it's impossible to win with a gamepad but you will be at a severe disadvantage.
     2 people found this helpful

fr3aked_out's Avatar Member
    No; that's exactly how it works. "Want a gaming edge? Buy an Elite controller!" is Microsoft's stance on it... and that's a $130 peripheral. My PC won't run this game, and a decent gaming PC is going to run anywhere between $800-$1200, not including software.

Again I reiterate, the appeal of the console is NOT the input method; it's the cost. Giving everybody the option to use a mouse and keyboard is a fair way to eliminate the problem. Are you more comfortable with a controller? Play with a controller. Are you more comfortable with a mouse and keyboard? Play with a mouse and keyboard! It's that simple. All you do by banning it outright is give an edge to those who are willing to purchase these adapters to skirt the limitations; and that creates an imbalance.

"That is not how it works" was in reference to your "
    Or you can take $20 to Walmart and buy a mouse and keyboard for your console. " I was hoping i don't have to explain this, but i seem to have to. I am aware of the cost of a setup, i am fully aware of the prices for a good pc (as i have sege on pc) and console (as i have it on 2 ps4's so i can play with my significant other). It is not only 20$ for console kb and mouse, only the xim is approx 130. Plus the time you need it to set up and you might need to know a thing or 2 about parameters that you set up.

You stated that the controller is not the appeal for console, what is your explanation there? You want the benefits of a PC for 25% of the price? And have you noticed the difference of a driving game, on keyboard or controller? Or you play COD and stuff like that?

And, in the end, here is your explanation for the down side... it is harder to do quick turns or aim from a controller and in a shooter against controllers a mouse wins, so probably you weren't simply destroyed by mouse players on console too many times to actually be angry about it.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... Last ►►