Thread: PCAc4: Black Flag Illustrious Pirates pack no longer works for some reason. | Forums

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey revzman123! I was able to find your ticket. Have you tried verifying your game files as well after the recent reinstall and clearing your Uplay cache?

andynaruto10's Avatar Senior Member
    UbiSailorScout, stop telling us to verify the game or reinstall. We did that hundreds of times since March. It's been 9 months since then.

"The devs are working on it". I got the same response on my ticket months ago. I don't believe you. You just patched the game for China, censored and removed stuff and you forgot about it, 'cuz the game is old, who cares anymore, right?

[Redacted] Why should we do that? We payed for the game.

1st of all, test a patch before releasing it!
    2nd, if you still support a game after all these years, FIX it, don't break it!
    3rd, give the player the option to revert the game to a previous version. Like Steam beta builds: https://i.imgur.com/iXYDB3L.png. Uplay is your own platform, you can do this.
    4th, don't lie to us. At least tell us that you don't care about the game anymore and nobody will ever fix it. Instead of keeping us waiting for months or even years.

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    The reason I suggest those steps is because it has been known to help with this issue in the past. Troubleshooting is a vital step when reporting up issues. I've gone ahead and re-opened your ticket on this issue, since you are still having this issue. The agent who responded to your case had told you to update the ticket with screenshots of proof of purchase if your DLC content is still not working. Once you've done that, they can look further into this issue as well. I apologize you feel this way, and sincerely would like to help resolve this issue.

andynaruto10's Avatar Senior Member
    I didn't ask to re-open my ticket.

UbiSailorScout, I don't wanna be mean to you or anybody, but this is an issue to everyone after the chinese update. Before that, it worked. The DLC files are simply missing from the Uplay's game image or whatever place we're downloading the game from. So if the files are missing from the server, of course it means they won't be downloaded. Also for Freedom Cry, the file is there "DataPC_10_dlc.forge". But it's been updated in the chinese patch.

Now tell me, why do the DLCs work when I put back the missing files? Also, the sounds are back for the machette and blunderbuss when I replace the Freedom Cry file with an older version? They need to put the files back!

It is NOT an issue on our end, it's on YOUR end. As I said, I verified the game, uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted my Uplay cache, uninstalled Uplay, reinstalled it, reinstalled windows. There's no need for proof of purchase, because it worked before and now it doesn't. I have the game and the Season Pass from 2013, it's not like I bought it after the update.

Page 8 of 8 ◄◄  First ... 678