Thread: New poll available on the blog! | Forums

UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager

New poll available on the blog!

Hey, Space Monkeys!

We heard you. Now we have a new poll for you to answer on the blog. Make sure you visit and cast your vote! We appreciate all your feedback!

👉 http://ubi.li/tdjey 👈
     6 people found this helpful

atubaboun's Avatar Member

THirD POST IN A MONTH ? SO MUCH STUFF tO Talk about ,OWKAY !

The rate of new stuff on the blogs has no doubt increased, i'm conserned what that might mean. Are we entering a critical stage of game devellopment ? are the guys just asking our ideas for the finish-job ???

I'm surprised this came about so soon, but i'm glad it did.

And after consideration i voted planets, even tho i'd love to explore every centimeter of the game quite as much.

Nice post BGE2 team, and good job !

UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager
    Thank you, @atubaboun! We're just glad you guys are enjoying the content we are publishing!

Yeah, more frequent updates since February... seems to be BGE team enter in "full development mode"

I think cities are cool and comfortable

I think that a giant main city is okay like the one in the trailer and on that planet you can have a temple because it looks like a city with temple ruins. But you can also have maybe some small temples scattered around the planet and ruins of old ships destroyed in space. Cities can hold main camps but possibly on the outskirts just for small skirmishes. If you have about 3 or 4 large cities with this temple searching should be fun, I want the temples to be chllenge to find as well. Some in the sky, underground, underwater, in mountain scapes, under mountain scapes.

When it comes to space it would be cool to have a area where there is a hangout hangar in space for outlaws to do like blackmarket trade to buy illegal weapons for your character, ship and just a gathering place where outlaws can hang at like space pubs and etc., basically a place where the criminals hang for criminal activity. In space though there could be small floating cities that are connected to other planets where you can travel but they need significance; you can colonize them with your men to start doing illegal jobs to either produce money and to gather materials to craft things or both(this can also be done with large cities but possibly on a smaller scale due to constant legal harrassment). Those small cities and towns could also have old temples to explore smaller than some of the main cities of course. Having other small govermental space complexs or hangars outside can be used for raids and should have an escape plan and of course some of these hostile areas will be stronger than others too. Attacking other pirates should of course be a thing being able to analyze a ship for its strength before fighting it to see if your stronger than it. Having the option completly destroying the ship and if possible and boarding it is standard pirating, but if you destroy the ship you might not be able to get any rewards. If you board it theres a possiblity of repair and steal the ship from the captain and even just getting more rewards for it.

When it comes to planets having wild creatures on them to tame as pets would be cool perhaps you can also hire people to trade or collect materials but also trade animals or fur. If the animal has fur. Maybe having 10 different main creatures on a planet and seeing which kinds you'd like would be cool. Giant birds or small flying lizards would be cool to use to fly around planets. Equiping them with an armor for battle and weapons would be cool.

Ruin searching should and usually have puzzles however since we are badies who will possibly have explosives can blow through these however with consquence. If you've played the legend of Zelda then you probably know you wish you could have blasted through a door to get where you wanted. However doing this has consequences depending on location explosives could hold consequences and could possibly have the ruin crumble and be make the treasure harder to find.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Space!
    SpaceStations!
    DeadShips!
    LostShips!
    Ancient Ships?!
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Legion-495 Go to original post
    Space!
    SpaceStations!
    DeadShips!
    LostShips!
    Ancient Ships?!
    Cosmos homunculi!

It felt a bit too limited to chose only one option. I would have chosen cites and planets if I were able too.
    Picked cities in the end. I think exploring cities is the closed answer to the heart of BGE.

I think exploring the other things are focused in other games like these:

Planets, Space -> No Man Sky, Mass Effect
    Temples -> Assassins Creed, Prince Of Persia

Well, AC also takes place in a lot of cities but I think that cities are more important in BGE then in AC.
    Its a bit hard to explain why cities are more important in BGE then in AC but I try it:
    When it comes to the core gameplay, BGE is more about investigation and interaction with other characters while AC is more about murdering. The other "good" characters in AC are mostly there for cutscenes ;-)

I think exploring cities is one key aspect that the brand itself (and its trailers) promise the most.
    Even if BGE 1 hadn't so much city exploration at all....I liked the city and its pedestrian area very much.

As second key thing I would point out exploration of planets because the brand also kind of promises that.
    But in the end I still think, exploring cities is more important.

About Spaces to explore and the vibrant feeling of a virtual space

When thinking of a spacepirate game like BGE2, i instantly think about blackmarket. I think a marketplace is one of the main spots that make a world vibrant and not feel empty.
    Closed of markethalls like in India and generally in south east asia are a good inspiration. Closed of spaces wich can be implemented anywhere, in a spaceship, on an astroid, in front of a temple or even floating around in the sky for extratarestial customers. Not only could this place be a space where you meet up with all kinds of Npcs or players, but its a place where you can create the atmosphere of a really living world. Not only are the players the only thing everyhing happens around, but a vibrant marketplace where the NPCs trade talk and praise their goods. I can already smell the spices, hear the special offers being screamed at you and feel the vibe of capitaliasm in a slave society, where a moral sentiment is not to be found. That would be a spce i would not only like to explore and walk by, but a space in wich i would really like to sink in, to listen to people, hear their storys, get my quests or just simply shop my new equipment for my next adventure - or sell my loot for good profit.
    I would love it, but it is all up to you guys. Good luck in developing