Thread: Rocksmith Backstage Pass | Forums

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev

Rocksmith Backstage Pass

Hi all. Rocksmith has always taken player feedback very seriously. The original Rocksmith incorporated a lot of suggestions and reactions from the audience to create Rocksmith 2014, and sought more input when creating the free Rocksmith Remastered update. Even now, we’re actively looking to hear reactions and suggestions for our iOS product, which is in soft launch in Canada. We always want your feedback so we can make Rocksmith the best it can be. We want to keep you learning, and keep you playing.

With that in mind, we’re kicking off a new program called Rocksmith Backstage Pass. Backstage Pass will be a series of in-house meetings between players and developers to discuss ideas and get direct feedback on the past, present, and future of the franchise. As you might imagine, the details of the discussions we have will need to remain secret, but the program itself doesn’t need to be a mystery – we’re happy to be able to create these opportunities for in-person discussions with our community members.

The first of multiple BSP sessions will take place in mid-March; eight people will be visiting Ubisoft San Francisco for a few days. Attendees were invited based on their history of community participation and feedback – those were the primary factors and will continue to be going forward. The RS fanbase is diverse, and there’s a wide variety of people interested in different aspects of Rocksmith, so we want to mix it up and make sure many voices are viewpoints are represented. We’ll be soliciting feedback from different people for future sessions, so if you didn’t get an invite for this first one, you might yet.

We’re also planning a special stream while the guests are here, just for fun – they’ll be playing some of their favorite songs and we’ll do some giveaways too.

Let me know if you have questions and I’ll do my best to answer them. Thanks.
     1 people found this helpful

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Very excited to be a part of this, and also to butcher another song on Guitar or Bass on the stream

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Very excited to be a part of this, and also to butcher another song on Guitar or Bass on the stream
    Knew I could count on you!

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    I checked my inbox, but no airplane tix.

b_lex's Avatar Member
    This is amazing. I love knowing that Rocksmith still has enough success and interest from the heads of Ubisoft to even warrant a program like this. Tells me its worth the team's time to pursue the feedback from our dedicated community members. Congrats to the lucky 8!!! Rocksmith Team - I will be forever grateful this software exists in my time. You have my continued support and I will carry on with the endless good times I have enjoyed over the years.
     2 people found this helpful

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Good to hear this is happening!

Originally Posted by b_lex Go to original post
    This is amazing. I love knowing that Rocksmith still has enough success and interest from the heads of Ubisoft to even warrant a program like this. Tells me its worth the team's time to pursue the feedback from our dedicated community members. Congrats to the lucky 8!!! Rocksmith Team - I will be forever grateful this software exists in my time. You have my continued support and I will carry on with the endless good times I have enjoyed over the years.
    Let the good times roll and roll and roll! The game is the best thing that has happened to my 30 year playing hobby. Had it come out when I was in college I may not have graduated.

I live in the bay area. I can easily just drive up and swing by the office...

This is really cool. It's nice to be part of a game community where the devs take the time to listen, communicate, and give so much back.

Pick some locals who you don't need to fly in for another session? Over 500 hrs, 2 years playing Rocksmith, would love to let you pick my brain.