Thread: Rocksmith Backstage Pass | Forums

loudguy316's Avatar Junior Member
    This is awesome.. Feeling pretty stupid not knowing this site existed. Got the game, system and guitar from the wife for Christmas and have nothing but great things to say about it.

Looking forward for the next part of this game...

(oh and sorry for being a super noob...lol)

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith ComDev
    Originally Posted by R0B0LUT10N Go to original post
    Pick some locals who you don't need to fly in for another session? Over 500 hrs, 2 years playing Rocksmith, would love to let you pick my brain.
    Actually, two of our first guests are both local to the Bay Area. We found people in part due to their community participation and feedback up to this point, then concerned ourselves with where they were located. It was a surprise!

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    Just watched the archived video on Twitch. I'm glad they got to do this!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but if we get a new rocksmith there should be a subscription based lesson service. It would entice a lot of people that might spend their time with justin guitar or Scott's bass lessons to start playing rocksmith.

Would a subscription based lesson service really pull people away from Justin guitar, which is free? There are so many other lesson based things out there both paid and free, I don't see putting paid lessons in RS is going to make people play it instead.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see more lesson in RS though, either free or as paid DLC.

It looks like I am a little late but as someone who has struggled to learn the guitar for years. I have tried a lot of things and have quite a few thoughts on how RS can be improved as a learning tool. I would love to be able to participate in this discussions.

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    Would a subscription based lesson service really pull people away from Justin guitar, which is free? There are so many other lesson based things out there both paid and free, I don't see putting paid lessons in RS is going to make people play it instead.

Not saying I wouldn't like to see more lesson in RS though, either free or as paid DLC.
    Honestly, I came here hoping they could do some collaboration with Justin Guitar.

The lessons on Rocksmith cover the fundamentals and some advanced concepts, but they are limited.

JG has a huge catalog of great videos. Why reinvent the wheel? I use both Rocksmith and JG to practice. There is nothing wrong with doing them separately, but I would be willing to pay for the lessons or even subscribe to a monthly service if it meant I could have interactive portions spliced in with his existing videos and the convenience of accessing them from my game that keeps up with the progress. His videos on guessing the correct chord? The lessons could have us play the chord we hear. The different exercises to switch between chords or go through the scales? The lessons could put you through those. The timed exercises? Could have those as well. If you want to get fancy, could even set some sort of program to pace the lessons -- "Do lesson 3, complete exercise a..." next day "do lesson 4, and practice exercise a again", etc

The JG site is GREAT, and has some great things coming, but the lazy part of me would find it "easier" to start Rocksmith, go to the day's JG lesson, do the practice, and play some songs. The Rocksmith software is GREAT and has been what's kept the learning experience fun. Combine the two? The PERFECT guitar learning tool.

The existing JG videos are good. Splice in some interactive bits. Much easier to track those notes than the DLC. Set up a subscription service or sell lesson packs as DLC. Find a price that's fair to Justin.

It's something I would LOVE to see in either a future update or a new Rocksmith, but for now I will continue buying your DLC and sending him donations.