Thread: Cityscapes: Into the depths of ganesha city | Forums

UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager

Cityscapes: Into the depths of ganesha city

What goes on in the underbelly of Ganesha City? Head over to the Space Monkey Program Blog and discuss!

http://ubi.li/4gbwg

(or, you know, also discuss here!)
     4 people found this helpful

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    No dumplings. I am shocked.
     2 people found this helpful

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Yay another blog entry!
     1 people found this helpful

atubaboun's Avatar Member
    That was so quick ! I haven't gotten over the last post yet, there are still so many stuff to share !
    It's like having to put more in you mouth before you even finish the last bite ( but don't get me wrong its still delicious).

Also, the asian girl we saw in the red dress was refered as Li Daiyu previously (and still is in the vote part of the blog pages, on the right) but is now called Liu.
    There might be a mispell somewhere.

UbiBorghal's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by atubaboun Go to original post
    That was so quick ! I haven't gotten over the last post yet, there are still so many stuff to share !
    It's like having to put more in you mouth before you even finish the last bite ( but don't get me wrong its still delicious).

Also, the asian girl we saw in the red dress was refered as Li Daiyu previously (and still is in the vote part of the blog pages, on the right) but is now called Liu.
    Thank you for pointing that out, atubaboun! I'll get to the bottom of this.

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Wait, what if it's intentional? The trailer, by many (myself included), seen similarities between it and The Fifth Element (highly recommend to people who haven't seen it yet, and like Bruce Willis, Milla Jovavich, Gary Oldman and more) So Li Liu could be an intentional 5th Element reference. Also, the asian girl could have a twin. Usually in gangster movies/video games, with some asian King Pin, has asian twins with him. So the twins could be Li and Liu...

I marvel at the genius of the second artwork that they're giving us here. On the left, a neon sign of Ganesh (where's the broken tusk, guys? Didn't you play Lost Legacy? And let's see a few more arms. ): The brazen re-use of a religious symbol as mere advertising. On the right, an actual recreation of what Ganesh was supposed to be, a human being (!) with an elephant head. Old, scarred, bad tattoos, dirty and wet from the rain. That contrast, wow.

This is where Beyond Good & Evil becomes a true Cyberpunk scenario. The city manages, through its neon signs and iconic buildings, to appear quite beautiful and prosperous, but buried underneath this monomolecular veil is nothing but illness, poverty, injustice, crime and despair.

The underbelly, that's everywhere you set your foot. Whether it's the areas of power and wealth, where the crime is organized, or whether it is the housings of the poor, who have to do their part in said crime.

Legion-495's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Velorian666 Go to original post
    Something I forgot ...

I would love to see languages, perhaps some hybrids only speak a certain language or they speak different languages on planets. Perhaps some hybrids talk with accents from those languages. Maybe you can "study" such language, and eventually decipher it and then hear it in english (if playing the english version of the game). I think this might add a layer of depth.
    Use that AI you will hopefully have. I agree^^ Put the computer to some good use

atubaboun's Avatar Member
    Honestly, I don't know what to add to the subject, there's just so much possibilities for why people would come to the underbelly that nothing comes to me :/

But there is one thing that i posted in a comment on the previous blog post that i would like to see in the game and that could fit well in hte underbelly, it was about bars & pubs, and giving people a reason to come:
    " about that bar part. what if the thing making you come back every other day is an activity that only this bar has ? It could be a mini game like air hockey with rufus or just regular poker, or placing bets on sports of all sorts, with rewards that periodically change so that you still have a reason to come back after winning one time, like cusomisation options or parts for your ship that some guy would've placed as bet. "

Now that i think of it, getting wasted and waking up in a randomly generated situation that could start a quest or trigger something in the game could be good too

Originally Posted by atubaboun Go to original post
    They're gaslight-ing us!!!