Convinced it's bad

Season 5 hasn't made any meaningful change. I just played it for an hour. Same exact terrible gaming session feeling as before.

Lot of stuff to list on paper yet none of these changes improve gameplay. It's still turtle paradise, he who does nothing but waits to counter is the usual winner. If you dare be aggressive, it is to your disadvantage, therefore completely pushing me out of the door as a player since I have no patience for staring contests.

By being "myself" as a player, pushing and being aggressive I'm constantly punished while the defensive player has not a single disadvantage for choosing to play passively. This is what led me to quitting a month after release and taking a very long break up until December. It's clear now that this game isn't for me since even with a patch to parries, the game still behaves precisely the same.

To be pre emptive, I do utilize feints and put effort into being unpredictable while being aggressive- this may land me a few hits, but the defensive player's tools will benefit more over the course of the duel.

I don't lose every single game, but because this turtle playstyle is so common it defeats the purpose of the game, no one is having fun playing against turtles. Defeating them isn't satisfying since all I can say I did was get lucky that he didn't land all of his parries. The next opponent is usually 100% accurate with his parry attempts while this guy probably landed 75% of them.

Perhaps it's a playerbase issue but if I were the devs I would make it so turtles don't ruin the game for everyone else. They have failed to do so with this major gameplay patch.

I only play duels in this game I don't do anything else, for reference.

/QuitForHonorAgain

Charmzzz's Avatar Senior Member
    Don't feel like you mate. The meta change is pretty good to see already. Parrying is not that rewarding anymore. I have never been ledged by a GB anymore, and heavy parries only give a light now. Lights themselves are not parried "every time" like it seems you feel it.

For an aggressive player i can imagine that the change isn't as apparent as with us defensive folks. I'd stick around for a few days, see what happens when people start to get a handle on what we can and cannot do post-patch and then see how much the game has changed (or not).

Since parry dont give GB, i dont see so many turtles anymore, they already know that waiting too long and hope for parry and punish isnt the way anymore. OK defensive people still r not into being aggrasive now but the gameplay feels like more action , I acutally really liked it .
     1 people found this helpful

Doom and death! the end is upon us!How many HOURs had passed? You people did not accommodate to the new changes and mechanics yet you yell the end is near..PLay the game and learn the game again..
     1 people found this helpful

LionHeart XXII's Avatar Member
    (my actual response to this post)