Thread: What you want to see in farcry 5 | Forums

  1. #1

    What you want to see in farcry 5

    Let us tell the Devs what we as the community what to see in FC5 to make this a great game for all of us players and supporters of ubisoft. I personally want to see a 4player coop and splitscreen for this game thats my biggest thing. I will keep saying it until my voice and those who agrees with me is heard. Everyone share your thoughts in what you want to see or change you want. Hopefully the. Devs looks and listens to their players!
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,041
    1 - a proper weather system
    2 - a proper day/night cycle
    3 - a hand-held map
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    is not it to late to add new feature like these or only more ideas for next far cry game
    Share this post

  4. #4
    A traditional XP system. I want to be able to level up by taking down random cult patrols (kill someone with the bow and arrow, I want xp, even if it's not a VIP, and it's not much XP).

    I despise the systems they had in Watch Dogs 2 and Ghost Recon Wildlands. Neither system made any sense at all from a story perspective. It was like they just ran out of ideas for collectables.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    MikeJDRW's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    NE Washington State - God's Front Door
    Posts
    337

    What I really want to see in Far Cry 5:

    What I'd really like to see in FC5 is access to all the crates (caches) that we (will probably/may) have in the game. In FC4 there were some up high up in the mountains above one of the Fortresses in North Kyrat (far Eastern side east of the Shan-gri-la portal - Min's fortress) that I still can't get to. As there was no log to walk across the gully between the side we could get to and the side the crates were on. In addition the gap was too wide to run and jump across; and paragliding to it with the wing and/or gyro copter couldn't get that high without blowing up. Then in other areas of FC3 I couldn't get some of the crates in the second island. I guess they are locked behind impenetrable doors. I'm thinking the Devs must have let some of those crates just be placed willy-nilly around the open world.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    I mostly want to see Far Cry preserve the identity of the last 2, especially 3. But it seems more and more that they aren't sticking to the formula. No more radio towers, and even the front logo looks different. Some of the traditional knife takedown or skinning elements have been altered. No more GPS. I mean, this is far cry afterall. This is the formula we love. Sure changes are important to keep things fresh but more additionals and less subractions would be an obvious plus.

    Mostly I still have hope in tact, I just hope we see amazing character development, a lot of animal interactions like in the last few, a game dependant on exploration and enviroment like the last few and especially pepper stashes being awesome to off set the removal of one of my favorite elements in the game which was radio towers.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,736
    Originally Posted by GeorgeFarCry96 Go to original post
    I mostly want to see Far Cry preserve the identity of the last 2, especially 3. But it seems more and more that they aren't sticking to the formula. No more radio towers, and even the front logo looks different. Some of the traditional knife takedown or skinning elements have been altered. No more GPS. I mean, this is far cry afterall. This is the formula we love. Sure changes are important to keep things fresh but more additionals and less subractions would be an obvious plus.

    Mostly I still have hope in tact, I just hope we see amazing character development, a lot of animal interactions like in the last few, a game dependant on exploration and enviroment like the last few and especially pepper stashes being awesome to off set the removal of one of my favorite elements in the game which was radio towers.
    Perfect example of how no matter what, someone will always be bummed about what the developers do. I see so many complaints that FC games are copy & paste, same thing new skin etc, and then you'll see the other half of people upset there are too many changes. I'm annoyed as well by some of the changes, but I don't ever want them to feel beholden to some system, feature or mechanic at the expense of ever trying something new, especially when there is a large portion of the community supporting the change.

    A lot of people, myself included, felt that towers were over-used (especially if you play other ubi franchises that also had tower-esque systems) and so they finally removed them. I'm happy about it. Prepper stashes seem to provide all the navigational puzzles the towers once did, exploring the map yourself should be what unveils it, and weapons shouldn't be given away for free, they should be earned. I'm not gonna miss towers in the slightest. Not everyone is in love with every formulaic feature in the game. I'm happy with some of the things they're taking out or changing, but not about others. Towers never held a place in my heart, they were a means to an end. I was indifferent to them & won't miss them a bit, same with the mini-map, it was just screen clutter, never found it necessary & if anything thought it was a bit of a crutch. It's removal cleans up the HUD, not a bad thing.

    What I don't like is going to a CoD style regenerating health system with no manual healing animations, lack of a bladed melee weapon for takedowns, removal of the vehicle takedown and absence of any new, additional takedown types. I don't like how all the available melee weapons are basically just different skins of the same thing. Whats the point in having a variety of melee weapons when they all function identically? It's like having 4 ARs that all have the exact same stats without pros or cons to using different ones. Functionally there is no difference between a paddle and a pipe, so that is pretty lame.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    What portion of the community is supporting the removal of knife takedowns and GPS? I haven't heard many raving about that. I do think the towers are more my personal thing because I loved them, many found them mundane. But surely the knife thing isn't a common consensus.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,736
    Originally Posted by GeorgeFarCry96 Go to original post
    What portion of the community is supporting the removal of knife takedowns and GPS? I haven't heard many raving about that. I do think the towers are more my personal thing because I loved them, many found them mundane. But surely the knife thing isn't a common consensus.
    I didn't mean it as every single change is something that people suggested, only that any change they do will be protested by someone. You do mean the mini-map when you say GPS right? It keeps throwing me off, but yeah, there were plenty of people saying get rid of the mini-map. Plenty of people find them to be immersion breaking, unnecessary screen clutter relied upon by people unwilling or incapable of putting in the effort of locating things without it.

    I have no clue what was behind the decision to have a blade-less melee weapon selection. The most likely reason to me is that it may have been in an effort to reduce the number of animations they had to produce. As it is, all the melee weapons function identically in takedowns, they all draw from the same animation pool, knives would obviously have required unique animations, and had they re-used the same ones from FC3 & 4 yet again? That would've got complaints as well, from me & others... Probably also why we no longer have skinning animations.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    1,041
    Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    I don't like how all the available melee weapons are basically just different skins of the same thing. Whats the point in having a variety of melee weapons when they all function identically? It's like having 4 ARs that all have the exact same stats without pros or cons to using different ones. Functionally there is no difference between a paddle and a pipe, so that is pretty lame.
    The shovel is the only melee weapon that can be thrown i guess.
    Share this post