Thread: Sudden low FPS | Forums

AKXU's Avatar Junior Member

Sudden low FPS

As the title suggests my Rainbow Six Siege has gotten really low all of a sudden, i used to get about 130 fps while recording with OBS on lowest settings but now i use v-sync and still get about 40-60 fps with same settings and not recording.
    I havent changed anything in game or in the settings, this problem started 2 days ago.
    My PC:
    GPU: MSI GTX 960
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 1200
    PSU:- is 500 watts dont know the name tho
    MOBO: the cheapest am4 i found (not necessary tho probably)
    RAM: 8GB ddr4
    Thanks in advance also i have a siege tournament tomorrow so i would love to get this fixed

Check CPU usage if it's 100% welcome to the club.
     1 people found this helpful

UbiNoty's Avatar Community Manager
    I see you have a ryzen.

So we're aware of issues with Ryzen and are working to get them resolved, but we're still trying to figure out why it's only Ryzen users that are having problems.
    But did you just start having problems? The ryzen issues have been ongoing, so I would have expected that if problems with Ryzen were going to show, they would have manifested themselves much earlier than now.

Either way, if you can please reach out to us at support and provide us with some information about your setup and the problems you're having, we're actively seeking information as we continue to work on the issue - thanks!

Sorry for late response but i started having problems only a few days ago, sunday to be exact. Also other games such as Skyrim and The forest and pubg run like they should, also i have had issues with cpu usage but i fixed it by going to msconfig and checking if the maximum RAM is correct and that i was using all cores of the processor.

Were there any changes of note between the last time you played and sunday? A driver or OS update? a new software installation?

Nope, nothing.

Then I'm not sure if it's due to having a Ryzen, but send in a ticket to us at support anyways? Just so we can get the information to whoever on our team is working on it.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by p0pshotz. Go to original post
    As the title suggests my Rainbow Six Siege has gotten really low all of a sudden, i used to get about 130 fps while recording with OBS on lowest settings but now i use v-sync and still get about 40-60 fps with same settings and not recording.
    I havent changed anything in game or in the settings, this problem started 2 days ago.
    My PC:
    GPU: MSI GTX 960
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 1200
    PSU:- is 500 watts dont know the name tho
    MOBO: the cheapest am4 i found (not necessary tho probably)
    RAM: 8GB ddr4
    Thanks in advance also i have a siege tournament tomorrow so i would love to get this fixed
    I'm going to assume you have a 60Hz monitor?

If it's the case, that's why you're locked at 60fps maximum. Disable vsync and see if you get your 130fps back.

Yes i have V-sync on because otherwise i get input lag with mouse and keyboard, but with or without it the problem still exists.

Morfanos's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by p0pshotz. Go to original post
    Yes i have V-sync on because otherwise i get input lag with mouse and keyboard, but with or without it the problem still exists.
    If not having vsync gives you even more input lag, you have more than one problem.

Again, assuming you have a 60Hz monitor(since you didn't reply to that), Vsync will add a 16 ms additional delay/input lag because of the memory buffer, and will also cause your video card to not be able to go above 60fps(60Hz).

If you really are stuck at 60fps, it is not impossible that vsync was somehow enable in the nvidia drivers.

Would you mind running the ingame benchmark twice, once with vsync on and once off and post screenshots of the result here please?

Btw, until very recently(December 2017), I used to play with a Radeon HD 7970(the AMD equivalent in power to your 960) at high with an average of 80-90fps so there's diffidently a big problem if you only get 60 at low.