The_B0G_'s Avatar Senior Member

Aramusha on console.

Am I the only one who can't react to his feints? It seriously feels like most of his attacks are 50\50 and even if you guess right the attacks just keep coming. When I have a character with a dodge attack I can usually deal with him, but with someone who doesn't, HL in my case, its insane trying to beat a good Aramusha.

I was playing with a rep 40 raider last night and both of use could barely get a hit in on these two Aramusha's.

Anyone else on console having this issue?

Originally Posted by Fady117 Go to original post
    Only difficult Aramushas for me are three types:

- Feint masters

- Extremely laggy Aramushas

- Extremely laggy Aramusha feint masters.

I'm on PS4.
    Yeah it's the ones who feint every second attack that get me, his normal infinite light combo I can block, but the ones who feint constantly that are nearly impossible to handle. I don't know how anyone can react fast enough to block it, even when you roll away, he does his uninterruptable dash attack and nails you.

I either guess parries and get destroyed 75% of the time or dodge. Dodge works better if you know a light is coming

Originally Posted by Mtcmnkk Go to original post
    I either guess parries and get destroyed 75% of the time or dodge. Dodge works better if you know a light is coming
    That's what I'm saying though, its a complete guessing game, Aramusha is by far the most difficult and OP character on console now. You can't react to how fast his feints are, they are way too fast.

He can feint so late into heavies too that sometimes I phantom parry mid air while he hits me with a light on the opposite side.

Aramusha beats highlander in general. It's his hardest match up.

Originally Posted by RenegadeTX2000 Go to original post
    Aramusha beats highlander in general. It's his hardest match up.
    Everyone has the same guard stance timings now though, defensively it should be the same with all characters.

Alustar.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Honestly, my best advice would be keep distance, make him try and close the gap, with his lack of a viable opener from neutral, you should be able to force combat on your terms, not his.

it's not his guard stance, it's his all block stance and his fast attacks in general. It's not hard at all to counter him as aramusha, also another big factor is how fast aramushas dodge is. I don't have to block, I can just dodge everything you throw even if you celtic curse. But if i see celtic curse i'm using all block for free top heavy. Once update goes through and he has the new celtic curse i'll block up and if he goes for any unblockable i'll light him out if he doesn't he has to attack in another direction to land superior light which can also be all blocked or just regular block.

Also When Aramusha Soft feints you can time your back dodge or side dodge to avoid the mix up and the follow up altogether. You don't have to block it...

That's the thing though, his feints are so quick its extremely hard to react to them. I guess all I can do with HL against him is just avoid 1v1 with him altogether.

At best if I do dodge back or to the side I'm in the same boat I was in before, everyone parries Celtic curse as an opener, all you really have is defensive light, which people parry pretty often for a light attack as well, its easily blocked at least.

I'm not talking about only HL anyway though, I have friends who all agree he's the hardest to fight against out of every character, even shaman and none of them play HL.

you don't have to react as hard when dodging. block up top and if you see him deadly feint that's when you dodge.