Prince of Persia : Warrior Within Rant - Must watch for all the haters!

Happy to see that there are others that liked his rant. WW is so underrated and it's still unbelievable to me that it got such a thrashing while TTT practically went unscathed.

Wow i didn't think there could be so many haters of WW to do a dedicated video. In Italy, most of people i know, love this game and hate the others without haven't played them.

Define haters! I really don't think there are many people out there who hate WW, it's just that it's a weird entry in the franchise. I like WW a lot because I think it has the best gameplay out of all the SoT games but I do think that its art style and writing is terrible... does that make me a hater? Also: it's pretty much an objective fact that WW lacks some polish and it has lots of bugs... if I admit that fact does that make me a hater?

Really the problem with rant videos like this is that they throw the possibility of meaningful discussion out the the window. Wanna talk about WW's game design? "Nope, if you don't think WW is the best game in the PoP series then you're a hater!"

Originally Posted by sanceman Go to original post
    Define haters! I really don't think there are many people out there who hate WW, it's just that it's a weird entry in the franchise. I like WW a lot because I think it has the best gameplay out of all the SoT games but I do think that its art style and writing is terrible... does that make me a hater? Also: it's pretty much an objective fact that WW lacks some polish and it has lots of bugs... if I admit that fact does that make me a hater?

Really the problem with rant videos like this is that they throw the possibility of meaningful discussion out the the window. Wanna talk about WW's game design? "Nope, if you don't think WW is the best game in the PoP series then you're a hater!"
    As a game development art student, I really feel sorry for you that you didn't like warrior within's art style. The amount of creativity that went into warrior within's art and architecture is commendable. It's not just some aladdin or arabian nights rip-off, it was at least original and new. The architecture is totally marvelous and beautiful which I don't think most people are capable of understanding.
    Also, In my 10 years of warrior within playing experience, I never encountered a single bug. I'm talking about the PC version, I have played the PS2 version too but I don't prefer the clunky graphics.
    There was one time in 2010 that I encountered the sand wraith glitch where I became a sand wraith right after knowing about the Dahaka for the first time, except that, I never got any bugs. Maybe yours was an early build or something?
    "they throw the possibility of meaningful discussion out the the window", lmao, he literally discussed the pros and cons of the game and you're talking about meaningful discussions.

Originally Posted by popruler Go to original post
    Happy to see that there are others that liked his rant. WW is so underrated and it's still unbelievable to me that it got such a thrashing while TTT practically went unscathed.
    WW only was hated at the launch because fanboys wanted a Sands of Time 2 lol. It's still the most torrented pop game and famous af. Everybody loves WW except a few who like SOT's arabian nights theme. I personally like the gritty and dark theme and that's the way to go, because everytime Ubisoft heard sot fanboys to go back to sot theme, they failed. T2t, FS, 2008, all were less mature in themes and had that 'charm' that the sot fans talk about, too bad they failed miserably each and every single time. It's time Ubisoft goes mature again, because that's what can get them money and more audience. GOW, dark souls, Last of Us, are some dark games that are considered as gems in the gaming community. I don't see why they can't make a POP game like that.