Island

Bonjour à tous,

voici une proposition d'une île, avec l'accès au port de la ville au centre.

3 people found this helpful

Hopefully I didnt forgot anything.

It is mid size island with a lot of river slots (if they even exist in 1800 ), 3 mountain springs, fertilities status: many (all green places are good for growing it), raw materials status: only iron. 2 rivers go through moantain on top.

Specialty of this island is that it has hot spring (up-left corner, thing that has red borders)!

It is great island is you need to get a lot of goods from farming etc., but it have only one raw materlial good which is iron and you can find it from few small mountains that island has.

I would recommend it for farming area and living place. It has luxury place as

Depending on how game is build (totally fantasy because I don't even know does 1800 has hot springs, I just liked idea), hot spring could be relaxation place for higher social classes (maybe even for lower classes) and there could be possibility to build special building near it where people could change clothes etc. and that building would allow people to use that hot spring!

My Island contribution!

Hi guys n girls,
    My island has a large mountain / volcano that has formed the island but has long since died. Leaving a big creater behind which filled up with water over time. This hidden and beautiful lake now gives birth to 3 rives which snake their way off the island into riverdelta's and finaly into the see. These rivers are perfect for certain types of production buildings.
    Furthermore the island has room for two major ports which are easily defendable but can also leave you in a trap caution is adviced.
    Finaly because the island is rapidly formed by the volcano at the time the cliffs are steep and offer no real place to put a harbor. Maybe some trails can lead down for a little fishing area in one of the bays. I hope you guys like it!

3 people found this helpful

My contribution: Grand River Island

The most important factor is the big river that meanders through the island. It's a lot bigger then rivers that featured in previous Anno titles. I hope it allows you to build steel bridges (an eye catcher of the age of industrialisation) across it to connect both parts of the island (if not possible you can always reduce the size of the river to fitting standards.

In the northwest of the island is a mountain passage perfect for setting up mining operations, the strange circles in the southwest indicate a hill (that potentially oversees the whole Island).
    In the middle is space for constructing a city (on both sides of the river) and for farming.
    The east contains some mountain ranges with other potential recourses.
    There are two entries to the island: one in the south which allows construction of a large harbour (and process a lot of ships at once) and one smaller beach in the northeast with smaller capacity capabilities. I also added beach along the river, this is a suggestion that ships could sail along the river to an inland harbour. Maybe it would allow you to build harbours like Rotterdam, Hamburg, Antwerp, etc. Though that's just a suggestion
     1 people found this helpful

Nox_29's Avatar Member

I went for nothing too fancy, a horseshoe shaped island that forms a bay with 2 beaches. At the center there is a mountain side where a river starts and crosses the island. There are also several waterfalls coming out of the mountain into the bay. The main feature of the island is the Mont Saint-Michel like island at the top left. It's a little island connected with a cliff road to the main land. This little island could have the building of a neutral power (if they are still a thing) or otherwise maybe the ruins of an ancient castle or structure.

The island is probably more of a production island than a main island. The neutral power, mines in the mountains and possibly the power of the river could provide the player with a lot of valuable resources.

MW.TRIBUN's Avatar Junior Member

My Island :

It's a medium sized map with 3 sectors, delimited by a river.

Acces to the others sectors will need bridges and cannot be unlocked at the beginning of the game.
    It will be possible to creat a harbor into the north or the south of the map (near the delta) with military outpost possibilities if you place defences on the smalls islands.

I hope it will be possible to build hydraulic dam (like in the real industrial revolution), so I have make a special place like in anno 2070.

I have add some spécial details like an old lighthouse, a coal mine and a desaffected military outpost.

The "croissant" island (large sized)

Here's my island, tell me if you can read the text

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_y...435fUfZUIdM4xM

Anno 1800 Island Creation Contest – Cape Willem

Island Graphics [Click for a bigger view]

Island properties

Island difficulty - Medium

Island geographical features
    Cape Willem is a small island that is situated in rough waters. Dangerous currents work on the South West part of the island that lead to some of the cliffs being washed out and separated from the main part of the island. Never the less this part of this island has interesting rock formations: hexagonal stone pillars that reach from just under the surface of the water to several dozen meters high. (The Giants Causeway in Ireland would be a good graphical reference.) The rest of the island presents itself in rather steep cliffs from layers of stone sediment. In the North West is the highest elevation, a mountain that is rich in iron deposits. On the North East side of the island, a coal deposit was found during a geological survey. While not excessive, it should provide enough coal for a resourceful player. The same mountain also feeds a small river that is winding itself to the east of the island, just to fall in a small but rather spectacular waterfall into the sea. There are two main beaches: in the North and in the West of the island. There is also a small beach next to one of the small islands.

Island fertility
    Cape Willem offers rich soil, that will allow the player to fulfil the basic needs of the population. More luxurious goods will need to be Imported to reach higher prosperity. The waters in the North proved themselves as rich fishing grounds, the currents around the South West make fishing impossible on the West beach though.

Island Scenario
    While the island is fairly small it is rather important for one of the AI Players: Arthur Gasparov. His visionary construction of settlements not only lead to prosperous cities, it also lead to an influx of influential citizens that are avidly participating in the stock market. But Cape Willems currents already cost some ship, life and more importantly for those entrepreneurs: money. But Gasparov is not a fool, he knows that a Light House is needed to improve the safety of the ships and pacify his gentry.
    This is the point where the player can get in the good books with Gasparov, by helping him erecting the light house, through a series of delivery quests.
    Once the lighthouse is completed though the player can choose to continue to provide the lighthouse with food supplies. In doing this, the lighthouse will reveal floating cargo as well as shipwrecked sailors in the area around the island on the map. This way players can not only help to preserve life and earn the gratitude of their subject, but they can also from time to time gather valuable commodities.

(If you require the pictures in a higher resolution, I can provide them, but they are kind of massive :) )

Island creation contest

Based on island from ANNO 1503

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gS...EKK3xlHJlXqlX8
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q5...yUjHHacGm6uogf
    Size - large;
    Main assignment - living place and farming;
    60% of land - forest;
    River divides island into 3 parts. To open a part, player needs to build a bridge (how in ANNO 2205). Or all parts of island open at once and then player can build a bridge using the road (for example, how in ANNO 2070).
    Small stones are indicated in gray.
    So, I want to say thank you for listening to the players! I hope you like it!

Unfortunatly I can give you just a way to look to my work. Please don't pass by my work!!!

http://cloud.mail.ru/public/9VRx/S2x1pDrKU

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/4G9A/xdWhPMdgv

OR
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vW...8DNhtOup4whr6C

in the west, north and south of the island there is plenty of room for industrial facilities, and on a plateau and in a mountain valley - a good place for a city closed on all sides by mountains

Perhaps the souls of the dead sailors roam near the old lighthouse, and the walls of the ruined fortress still ring, recalling the past battles here