Thread: Ideas for Far Cry 5 | Forums

Ideas for Far Cry 5

-Since there are hardly any games that have played this section, some like The Sims, Canis Canem Edit (Bully) or The Last Of Us have caressed the surface but have not gone deep and what better place to do it than Montana with its great nature The game could be structured in days, months and the 4 climatic seasons to give a very immersive feeling and feel a really alive and credible world in each game session. The stations could change every 15-20 days of play to make it look like a natural change, there should also be 2 days of transition between each station to make it look more believable and natural. This should also be reflected in the city, the buildings, its streets and street furniture, in the comments and dialogues of the inhabitants with references to time and each season as well as adapting the type of clothes of the locals to each station and the type of activities that will be carried out in each station. For example, in winter with snow, you can see cut roads, ice on the roads, frozen lakes, see snow plows, locals removing snow from cars or fronts of their houses, an accident on the road, emergencies by removing a cross tree in the road, certain animals would also be seen less frequently due to winter. In autumn the yellow and ocher Montana forests, the arrival of the cold, the mountain sports activities, in spring we would see the snow melting, the fields flourish, more variety of animals, in summer locals bathing, locals doing barbecues etc.

- Time zones in bars and restaurants. It would be good if the bars and restaurants offered breakfast, lunch and dinner and had their rest hour where they do not serve meals and a closing and opening time. We know that the county is suffering the damage of the sect but there could also be a part of the county where there is peace, or perhaps when the player releases a town it could resume normal activity. It would also be a detail that each bar or restaurant had its own essence or certain dishes and its usual clientele. Our character could go to breakfast, lunch or dinner and the waiter to take note, so our character could ask for recommendation or choose something from the letter. In the case of a bar, you could have a drink or a beer in the bar and play a game of cards, poker, darts or billiards. In addition, the bar could have a totally different environment with a longer closing time. It would also be interesting if there were bars where only bikers run or another with a truck driver’s environment, another more relaxed where our character does not run the risk of getting into a mess with customers. It would also be interesting for waiters or waitresses to talk to us and get to know each other and gain confidence and offer small conversations with questions and answers if we visit them often, for example, to receive an invitation, a greeting when entering the premises, to tell us a joke or rumor, some detail of his private life or who knows ... maybe the phone number of a waitress if we are friendly. Another detail would be that the waiters had different personalities and arrived with their car or brought them every day to work and leave at closing time and also listen to the rumors or news that are happening, receive calls and be answered by the waiters. There could also be random events in which when entering or sitting there was a robbery, a discussion between a couple, a fight, or an individual bothering a girl or a waitress. More details would be to see the waiters taking out the trash, a waiter smoking a cigarette outside during a break or chatting or talking on the phone, a police patrol eating breakfast, a group of pensioners playing cards, a loudmouth playing pool, a drunk Sleeping or vomiting in a corner of the bar, a couple behind a bar kissing, a waitress offering the leftovers of food to dogs or stray cats. In short, offer a complete immersion to a city or a town in addition to its sects and enemies and offer an A.I. more advanced and with the ability to memorize.
    -The character should not enter premises or bars with the gun in hand to avoid causing fear to customers or waiters without there is reason for it. Also, when we are in a bar if our character is sitting at the bar and an annoying individual is approaching to choose between several options from intimidating or pissing off more by removing the weapon or the plate and putting it on the bar without getting up until he leaves or be diplomatic.

-Implement groups of country, blues or rock performing at night in a restaurant or bar.

-Implement damage system and associate the damage and reaction with the A.I. of an NPC. For example, if we leave an enemy badly wounded to see how he tries to escape, he pleads while he bleeds and hears the cries of pain if he is seriously injured or if we repeatedly hit him. If we shoot to the knees, see how he tries to crawl to take cover or see some of his companions dragging him to take cover, if we kill several enemies of the same group, see how the last of the group surrenders and asks for mercy, commits suicide or try to make a kamikaze. Also add the possibility of torturing with several methods to interrogate and add different executions according to the selected weapon.

-Implement a hierarchy within enemy groups where there may be one or more leaders or bosses who can give orders and organize their henchmen. The player could eliminate the leaders and leave the rest of the enemies more disorganized and nervous. It would even be interesting to see how they argue or blame each other if they discover the corpse of their dead leader and how one becomes the new leader, as some leave or trawl the place desperately. Also, if an enemy escape and has seen us, he can recognize us later in another camp and give warning.

-Wide variety of skins of enemies, that there is enough variety so that they are not repetitive and does not become boring in this sense. There may be the possibility of finding 2 enemies that are brothers but in general should not be repeated as in previous Far Cry.

-The game is full of violence and it seems fun, but I do not understand why not include the possibility of activating or deactivating the option of dismemberment or more blood, a little more violence or torture at this height does not matter, the game is for adults.

-Implement map of the county as an object to equip. The map could be found inside a car or bought at a store such as a gas station or a tourist souvenir shop. To use the map the character will open it with his hands and it will be in real time without pausing the game.

-Increase more events and animations such as a police control, a group of hitchhikers, a pretty girl hitchhiking, find groups of mountaineers practicing climbing or other practicing canoeing or fishing in a lake in a boat, truckers loading, unloading merchandise or making stops in bars and restaurants, a couple picnicking in the field, a patrol of forest rangers helping a wounded or trapped animal, an ambulance at full speed in an emergency, a group of resuscitating rescuing wounded, a woman screaming his partner in the house, a caravan of tourists camping or preparing a meal, lumberjacks, a villager using a telephone booth, a group of lumberjacks cutting and carrying trees in the forest, an active mine mining ore, farmers selling food from the side of the road, groups of UFO fans in a forest at night, some attempt to kidnapping, a group of cowboys carrying a herd of cows or horses, a hunter wounded in the forest, tourists, a crocodile attacking or eating a local, workers fixing a road, a light pole or a building, a hooligan stealing a car , a group of cowboys riding a mountain route or setting up a campsite, campers bathing naked in a lake, a group of hikers walking or cycling, mountaineers, a crane loading a broken down car, a funeral, a local party, a speech politician in the street, preachers, forest rangers sewing a bear that has frightened a population etc.

-To enable the destruction and deformation by crashes in cars, implement the safety belt can hit an enemy car and causing your driver or our character to fly through the glass if not wearing the belt.
    -Add the need to stop at gas stations to put gasoline in vehicles. In some there might be a dependent or in others it would be the player himself who fills in the deposit.

-Implement a serial killer that has terrified a population and allow the player to investigate, help the police and have the ability to catch it or not, if we do the right steps or not.

-Add banks to towns where robberies can happen, or simply to add more life to a town, a comic book store where you can find groups of young geeks, a motel where you can spend the night, the police station or a sheriff's office, a mechanical workshop, a concessionaire, tourist apartments in the mountains occupied by tourists and a complex sky running in winter, train station to move between long distances and enjoy the scenery with several stops.

-Find the same NPCs from a town in different places or places and know how to recognize us, say hello or ask us how we are

-Implement the possibility of activating the view in 3rd person for driving and while we do not draw the weapon.

-More activities to do and see how the inhabitants perform and classify certain activities to perform only in a certain season such as riding a bull in rodeos, practice horseback riding, a shooting tournament, diving, sky, snowboard, cable car in the mountains, horse riding, canoeing, rafting, canyoning

-Interaction with NPCs as being invited to join a campsite at night in the forest, making records to a suspicious individual when identifying us as an agent, helping a wounded person on the mountain, inviting or being invited to a drink or a meal.

-Implement backpacks for the character of various abilities such as a mountain backpack where to load small objects or tools. Also, large bags to store large weapons and ammunition and to move or load it in a vehicle.

-To be able to speak remotely with another player in cooperative mode by microphone or chat, the character may need to have a satellite phone in out-of-coverage areas, a walkie-talkie and a mobile phone. In the case of the mobile phone, the player could also use it to receive or make calls, add NPC contacts or receive messages from NPCs.

-Implement lunar cycles and that these affect some animals like wolves.

-Add festivities to the region such as Christmas or Halloween with decorations for towns or cities.

-Add cyclones or storms. Listen to the storm warning on the radio or TV.

-Add news on the radio and TV with absurd and delirious news and news of local events or related to any mission performed. Also, a prediction of time. The tv could be set in bars or restaurants.

KmarkoPL's Avatar Senior Member
    What is this BS ?!

The game is almost finished !

Also this is FPS not RPG !!

HorTyS's Avatar Senior Member
    While I was not willing to commit to reading the entire wall, I read some of the shorter points. I've not gotten the impression the game will be taking place over a long enough period of time for some of those suggestions to be viable, like the holiday decorations & stuff. Plus I mean, the region is under siege by a fanatical, murderous cult, whose going to be putting up christmas lights or bothering to decorate for halloween? Looks to me as though the game takes place in the summer to early fall season, doubt we'll have seasonal changes throughout the game. They may make it so one region goes up into the mountains enough to get snowy but that'd be location specific not a seasonal level difference.

Co-op players in the game will be tethered to one another by proximity, they cannot get too far away from one another, or one player (most likely the guest) will be teleported to the other. So the communication devices is sort of a moot point. Guessing you could say they're using a short wave radio if you need to rationalize it. Cell/ sat phones are out as they'd pretty much break the plot right?

The game takes place in rural MT, skimming through I saw many references to adding elements requiring more urban scenarios, so many of those wouldn't be feasible when the biggest town in the game is probably still tiny (maybe even Fall's End is the biggest civil hub).

I very much liked the idea you mentioned about enemy hierarchies. It would be really cool and add a layer of depth & strategy to have an enemy within a group who acts as the leader and taking him out first would impact the behavior of the remaining, that'd be pretty cool. I thought maybe that was how the cult VIPs could work but it seems they're more just a new type of enemy, I don't think taking them out will effect how the rest react unfortunately...

I sort of had a similar idea like that but specifically about outposts. I thought there could be one character who is sort of the 'outpost leader' who was in charge of whatever they're doing there and that if you're able to get to him and take him out, it'd make the rest of the grunts more disorganized & frantic. If you're able to take him out stealthily, the enemies will start to be less alert, paying less attention and wandering from their patrols more, creating more weak spots and making them more susceptible to being taken out themselves. Take the leader out in a more aggressive way and the enemies will just be more careless, less accurate and generally make more mistakes. Basically the behavior they conform to now, haha.. but if you don't take out the leader, the enemies should be disciplined, accurate and tactical...

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by garnnettt Go to original post
    activating the option of dismemberment or more blood
    YES! I rather dislike how instant hits with explosives or the mincer tractor just makes the enemies evaporate... Gore could be nice, but I doubt it will happen as the game probably doesn't have individual bodypart meshes.

Increase more events and animations
    Would be cool. From the footage I've seen so far, FC5 seems to have the 'been there, done that' vibe again. It'd be cool if there was more variety in events (and their possible rewards if any).

To be able to speak remotely with another player in cooperative mode by microphone or chat
    BIG YES HERE, on PC at least! Not everyone is on a mic with external services like TeamSpeak/Discord, and I was GENUINELY SHOCKED that Far Cry 4 didn't have a simple text chat built in! Just a basic text chat between the coop players.

Sure, you can say we'd have to use uPlay's chat, but that didn't work well, nor integrate well into the game. Players want to be immersed in the game and not have to switch to another app just to keep up with chat messages!

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Being that there is so much publicity and work around the co-op portion it may be possible that the text and voice communication is embedded.

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post

-The game is full of violence and it seems fun, but I do not understand why not include the possibility of activating or deactivating the option of dismemberment or more blood, a little more violence or torture at this height does not matter, the game is for adults.
    YES! I rather dislike how instant hits with explosives or the mincer tractor just makes the enemies evaporate... Gore could be nice, but I doubt it will happen as the game probably doesn't have individual bodypart meshes.
    I also agree that upping the gore factor overall would be a good idea. They've already got the M rating, why not take more advantage? It'd certainly go a long way in making combat in all it's forms more satisfying. I know I'd be a helluva lot more inclined to actually pick up a sniper rifle if I knew getting a headshot with it would pop a guy's skull open! Imagine gibbing someone by smashing into them in a car, or seeing arms, legs & torsos flying out form an explosion! Gore & dismemberment for sure should be added, definitely... to FC6 of course, the FC5 ship has long since sailed...

Originally Posted by HorTyS Go to original post
    While I was not willing to commit to reading the entire wall, I read some of the shorter points. I've not gotten the impression the game will be taking place over a long enough period of time for some of those suggestions to be viable, like the holiday decorations & stuff. Plus I mean, the region is under siege by a fanatical, murderous cult, whose going to be putting up christmas lights or bothering to decorate for halloween? Looks to me as though the game takes place in the summer to early fall season, doubt we'll have seasonal changes throughout the game. They may make it so one region goes up into the mountains enough to get snowy but that'd be location specific not a seasonal level difference.

Co-op players in the game will be tethered to one another by proximity, they cannot get too far away from one another, or one player (most likely the guest) will be teleported to the other. So the communication devices is sort of a moot point. Guessing you could say they're using a short wave radio if you need to rationalize it. Cell/ sat phones are out as they'd pretty much break the plot right?

The game takes place in rural MT, skimming through I saw many references to adding elements requiring more urban scenarios, so many of those wouldn't be feasible when the biggest town in the game is probably still tiny (maybe even Fall's End is the biggest civil hub).

I very much liked the idea you mentioned about enemy hierarchies. It would be really cool and add a layer of depth & strategy to have an enemy within a group who acts as the leader and taking him out first would impact the behavior of the remaining, that'd be pretty cool. I thought maybe that was how the cult VIPs could work but it seems they're more just a new type of enemy, I don't think taking them out will effect how the rest react unfortunately...

I sort of had a similar idea like that but specifically about outposts. I thought there could be one character who is sort of the 'outpost leader' who was in charge of whatever they're doing there and that if you're able to get to him and take him out, it'd make the rest of the grunts more disorganized & frantic. If you're able to take him out stealthily, the enemies will start to be less alert, paying less attention and wandering from their patrols more, creating more weak spots and making them more susceptible to being taken out themselves. Take the leader out in a more aggressive way and the enemies will just be more careless, less accurate and generally make more mistakes. Basically the behavior they conform to now, haha.. but if you don't take out the leader, the enemies should be disciplined, accurate and tactical...

Hi, thanks for your effort and response, the truth is that they are only ideas. Nobody would have to look bad and of course everyone can think what they want. What I tried to do with the list is that players demand from these companies more innovations in their games because they also ask for a lot of money for their games and in many cases they are not worth it. For example, the reused map of Far Cry 4 in Far Cry Primal, the repetitive mechanics as in assasins creed etc ... That is a lot of vagrancy on their part and it simply means that more players move and demand, for that we pay and the client is always right even if he does not have it and another point, for some reason contacting the company to send suggestions is not welcome as they indicate when you try to get in touch with them. That policy seems a bit absurd on their part when the vast majority of companies accept them. Regarding my ideas it is possible that many are not compatible but the truth is that I will not go through this Far Cry 5 box until it drops to $ 20 because despite small new things is the same as always and bored. The theme of the seasons is not a bad idea to apply as you have suggested in certain regions of the county, but I still think that if you could enter them because the game does not have a rigid structure and as a player you can perform the missions at your own pace and while you explore or Do anything else that does not follow the line of missions the days pass and that's where I see the possibility of the seasons. The only thing that maybe the map is not too big and maybe it would be nice if there was another great county since with only one county this can be seen a bit forced. About the holidays or similar events it certainly does not make sense that there is Christmas decoration with that sect but my idea was more focused on a liberated town previously besieged by the sect. Once liberated, this town would return to normal and new blocked activities could arise that at first you could not.

Originally Posted by Steve64b Go to original post

Would be cool. From the footage I've seen so far, FC5 seems to have the 'been there, done that' vibe again. It'd be cool if there was more variety in events (and their possible rewards if any).

BIG YES HERE, on PC at least! Not everyone is on a mic with external services like TeamSpeak/Discord, and I was GENUINELY SHOCKED that Far Cry 4 didn't have a simple text chat built in! Just a basic text chat between the coop players.

Sure, you can say we'd have to use uPlay's chat, but that didn't work well, nor integrate well into the game. Players want to be immersed in the game and not have to switch to another app just to keep up with chat messages!

Hello, I thank you for the effort to read the list and your answers. You're absolutely right, I do not think they bother to work to implement this and probably the group would always be protesting so much violence, so you have to settle for the evaporation of bodies and straw bags XD greetings

While it's true that you can play the game at your own pace, and that due to that the number of in-game days that goes by in one players game may be different than the number in another's game, putting various seasons in the game implies that the game would have to be taking place over an extended period of time that would simply poke holes in the believability of the narrative. The story of the game already is going to struggle to justify how you're trapped with no ways of contacting the outside world, and so if it can be inferred that months have gone by and the outside world is still oblivious, thats going to start really asking more of the plot than they'd be able to explain... It also would basically make them have to create 2+ versions of the map...

Hello, thank you very much for reading the list and for your answer. I think the same as you, it would be absolutely more fun. But it is not the only company that seems to refuse this. Another game that is about to go on sale of the mevieval age located in Bohemia where apparently the realism is its most outstanding feature and especially the realsite combats will not have dismemberment or gore either. It seems that the bodies will simply fall like pieces of wood XD. They would have to start listening to the community one day but as you say Far Cry 5 will no longer have that possibility. Greetings!