Thread: Hybrids and tails? | Forums

KIERROK's Avatar Member

Should hybrids have tails?

I wrote this in another thread and was requested to put here.

I think they should include tails for hybrids, or give the choice to have a tail or not. It could also be a status thing. Docked tail = slave and/or created, where as a hybrid with a tail = a hybrid born free. This could help with RolePlaying, too. Because you could choose if your hybrid was or wasn't a slave. What are your opinions?

Legion-495's Avatar Member
    I would say if a Tail is shaved should indicate that.
    Which also brings up the mechanic of letting fur grow much like Geralts beard in Witcher 3. On top of that a hybrid could sneak in as "slave" that way too. Also it might inidicate how many you have helped.

I somewhat hope we get physical objects for tails rather than animated ones. But that is probably very complicated. If we even got a option for that.
     1 people found this helpful

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Now back in 2003 we can assume this would likely be due to animation problems. This could work with the lore too. This would explain why the Hillys hybrids had no tails. Maybe the Hillys hybrids were all once former slaves? They're all adults, so this could be a probable reason.

As for the orphans, isn't the goat kid the only hybrid? If so, it could just be said his tail in stuffed in his pants (no pun), because goats have small, almost stub like tails. The status of tail or no tail would also (hopefully) keep lore buffs happy "BGE2 is lore breaking, Hybrids didn't have tails in BGE1"--- yada yada etc etc. This would actually explain why the hybrids of Hillys had no tails.

Legion-495's Avatar Member
    I would write it down on a uncontrolable defect which ended up in the majority of the first gen hybrids having no tails at all. I want to avoid the docked tails here to be honest^^

But yes it would be lore friendly to have the tails docked. Maybe we can write that down as being a city thing too.
    Or also indicate the slave rank. I could imagine slaves under slaves being a thing.
    A hybrid only gets his tail cut if a certain condition is reached? Like being freely available on the market.
    I imagine that hybrids are probably made for someone and if for any reason that person doesn't want his "product" that happens. Hybrids not turning out as they wanted yet they try to make money from a hybrid.

I would want to have a mix between tails and non-tails in a city.
    Anyway we need them tails. I would like them, even tho I know it is probably a hard task. I think if modders made a physical tail with the havok physics engine for Skyrim this dev team could make that too... it is complex... kinda the ultimate physics challenge^^ Probably not worth the time :/ I would be happy.

I like the tail idea. But is the bottom of the body not the humanoid part?
    Anyway, i like the idea...
    I am trying to picture what would the shark hybrid would be looking like...... haha :-)

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by The-Pancaker Go to original post
    I like the tail idea. But is the bottom of the body not the humanoid part?
    Anyway, i like the idea...
    I am trying to picture what would the shark hybrid would be looking like...... haha :-)
    I don't know your beliefs, but just for argument sake (actually a calm conversation but you get the gist) according to evolution, as well when we're embryos, humans had a tail. We lost them because we don't need them anymore. So, being humanoid wouldn't necessarily be a problem.

As for a shark:

Can't show the next for whatever reason, just follow link. This one is actually cool.
    https://d-infinity.net/game-content/...ion-carcharids