Thread: Blackbeard buff | Forums

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member

Blackbeard buff

Seems like his shield is made of plastic. It breaks after 2 shots from any weapon and is completely useless. My suggestions
    1) Give him 1 shield with 100HP
    2) Reduce the recoil on both his guns or increasethe damage of SCAR-H
    3) Make him a "permanent" 2 speed 2 armor operator (his rifle shield doesnt make him move slower)

Ive never been a BB main and never will. I think that he was compeltely fine when he had 2 shields with 150 HP.
     1 people found this helpful

nrod3041's Avatar Senior Member
    Too slow, shield is kinda useless, and on another note really unrealistic (no one carries a d eagle).

Nevertheless, I have seen folks that are pretty good with him. So, he does work for some folks.

How about no?

He is still breaks the game, even being immune to 2 head shots. Even playing at a gold level, he is broken, he allows you to absorb 2-3 head shots, and have the time to find and dome piece your enemy.

When you get to the high diamond to pro level? He is even more broken.

Insevin's Avatar Senior Member
    1) Restore ADS speed to "normal" (pre-nerf)
    2) Restore shield HP to 150 points (pre-latest nerf)

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DontTwitchMeBro Go to original post
    How about no?

He is still breaks the game, even being immune to 2 head shots. Even playing at a gold level, he is broken, he allows you to absorb 2-3 head shots, and have the time to find and dome piece your enemy.

When you get to the high diamond to pro level? He is even more broken.
    Ive never had any problem countering BB. Anyoperator with shotgun can *rek him.

Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Ive never had any problem countering BB. Like any operator with shotgun can *rek him.
    I doubt that is due to the balance of the operator. More along the lines of the level of player using him, not using him to any of his strengths....

Blackbeard main, here.

I apologize, but I disagree. Blackbeard is fine where he is. His shield already absorbs 1-2 shots, and it has saved me countless times from a quick headshot. It gives me split second to counter-fire and injure the enemy.

It may be because Blackbeard isn't your playstyle. He's not a rusher - you have to pick and choose your fights. He's meant to use the shield to peek windows, doors, hallways, and from behind cover (think of him as a Chanka-lite). There's a reason why the shield is removable: it's so you can traverse distances quickly.

In a team game, he's great for guarding your teammate from flankers. If you're ok with controlling recoil, use the extended barrel on the scar - it'll take down 3 armors within 3-4 body shots. You just have to fire in short bursts.

Raising the shield health to 150hp is a bit game-breaking; the devs will have to nerf something to balance it (like the weapon damage - now, we don't want that do we?).

Now, the only tweaks I'd like to see is a slightly larger magazine for the SCAR...

Are people really advocating reversing buffs on his shield? Dude doesn't get instakilled from headshot, not many operators can't say the same. By not many, I mean none.

Bring his HP up to 90.

Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Seems like his shield is made of plastic. It breaks after 2 shots from any weapon and is completely useless. My suggestions
    1) Give him 1 shield with 100HP
    2) Reduce the recoil on both his guns or increasethe damage of SCAR-H
    3) Make him a "permanent" 2 speed 2 armor operator (his rifle shield doesnt make him move slower)

Ive never been a BB main and never will. I think that he was compeltely fine when he had 2 shields with 150 HP.
    He is far from useless, nor is he in a weak spot. His shields work just fine, and a good player will be able to kill at least two people before needing to swap his shield (or have it destroyed). You just need to aim for the head and stop whining about every single operator in the game, Astor. When you say something about Ash and Ela, I can definetely see where you are coming from. But when you pass the ball to those like Blackbeard and Twitch...