1. #1

    Any news for Extended OPS Update this month??

    Sounds like a cool update. Just want to know if anyone heard of any news or release date info. I'm mostly excited for maps, weapons/parts, and game modes. I like classes too but still trying to master the current classes we have. I really would like to see a unique map that's different than the current maps. Last updated maps was unique but I hope we keep that going. Anything other than grassland I like to see. Places like the mines, a large Chapel(Holy Malca base to be exact), or a map on a bridge that has a lot of objects to take cover. I seen a map with a huge dam that's on a bridge with a building in the center. It had sniper post on both sides of the dam, and cover objects like cars, trailers, and concrete traffic barriers. I never played Socom but this would cater to those fans as well as us hardcore GR fans that like to cover. It be different from the going in bushes,to tall grasses, and trees to hide/cover. Just a thought lol
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by xxFratosxx Go to original post
    Sounds like a cool update.
    Sounds cool? I havent seen nor heard anything regarding what may be in the update. Got any links to any info?
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by Gluetaster Go to original post
    Sounds cool? I havent seen nor heard anything regarding what may be in the update. Got any links to any info?
    Maybe I should've been specific on the the cool. I was just defining the word "Extended Ops" cool. I haven't seen no new info, leaks, or rumors. The only thing I can think of is last update trailer with the possible rescue mode. However when I think of Extended Ops I guess there will be either more classes or more Op(operations/modes). Hopefully if we given a new mode we have more than one objective.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by xxFratosxx Go to original post
    Maybe I should've been specific on the the cool. I was just defining the word "Extended Ops" cool. I haven't seen no new info, leaks, or rumors. The only thing I can think of is last update trailer with the possible rescue mode. However when I think of Extended Ops I guess there will be either more classes or more Op(operations/modes). Hopefully if we given a new mode we have more than one objective.
    Oh, gotcha. You got me all excited for a second there. Now I gotz to take a cold shower... thanks man.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Gluetaster Go to original post
    Oh, gotcha. You got me all excited for a second there. Now I gotz to take a cold shower... thanks man.
    My mistake lol. Hopefully we hear something by the next two weeks. The way things going they like to do updates on tuesdays/thursdays
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by xxFratosxx Go to original post
    Sounds like a cool update. Just want to know if anyone heard of any news or release date info. I'm mostly excited for maps, weapons/parts, and game modes. I like classes too but still trying to master the current classes we have. I really would like to see a unique map that's different than the current maps. Last updated maps was unique but I hope we keep that going. Anything other than grassland I like to see. Places like the mines, a large Chapel(Holy Malca base to be exact), or a map on a bridge that has a lot of objects to take cover. I seen a map with a huge dam that's on a bridge with a building in the center. It had sniper post on both sides of the dam, and cover objects like cars, trailers, and concrete traffic barriers. I never played Socom but this would cater to those fans as well as us hardcore GR fans that like to cover. It be different from the going in bushes,to tall grasses, and trees to hide/cover. Just a thought lol
    A larger enclosed environment would be pretty neat, it would allow CQB. The only thing they would need to watch is sniper penetration on objects so that players could use cover and mitigate complete lane control by one class.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by GodhandR Go to original post
    A larger enclosed environment would be pretty neat, it would allow CQB. The only thing they would need to watch is sniper penetration on objects so that players could use cover and mitigate complete lane control by one class.
    That's not a bad idea. This something I actually want. I loved the GRFS map called Underground. Be nice if they make something like that map. However this game does not have a large enclosed environment. Mostly small houses, churches, gas stations, repair shops, warehouses, mansions, etc..The only place I know that does have a decent indoor size is the two I named above. Holy Malca base which has the largest Chapel I seen and the mines. There was one mine location where you can actually drive a vehicle in and another mine location that was sort of a maze but had tunnels and different pathways to get to area inside the mine. Other than this, they will have to actually make a large building somewhere else on Bolivia. I don't see any problem for them to do this since most of the areas in different area has open space.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by xxFratosxx Go to original post
    That's not a bad idea. This something I actually want. I loved the GRFS map called Underground. Be nice if they make something like that map. However this game does not have a large enclosed environment. Mostly small houses, churches, gas stations, repair shops, warehouses, mansions, etc..The only place I know that does have a decent indoor size is the two I named above. Holy Malca base which has the largest Chapel I seen and the mines. There was one mine location where you can actually drive a vehicle in and another mine location that was sort of a maze but had tunnels and different pathways to get to area inside the mine. Other than this, they will have to actually make a large building somewhere else on Bolivia. I don't see any problem for them to do this since most of the areas in different area has open space.
    Yeah, I have begun to notice that most of the issues with Urban Incursion and Jungle Base stem from the buildings being smaller. Granted there are a myriad of ways to dislodge a team, it is incredibly more difficult if the building has narrow areas of attack. The mines would be a blast if they could set spawns properly, it would be a map of high intensity CQC action. Drones would be a good auto aim troll too.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by GodhandR Go to original post
    Yeah, I have begun to notice that most of the issues with Urban Incursion and Jungle Base stem from the buildings being smaller. Granted there are a myriad of ways to dislodge a team, it is incredibly more difficult if the building has narrow areas of attack. The mines would be a blast if they could set spawns properly, it would be a map of high intensity CQC action. Drones would be a good auto aim troll too.
    Exactly. I favor the mines the most. Ubi could make it right. I guess the next thing to do is support these unique maps to have some indoor action.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Eagle_One_'s Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    California
    Posts
    813
    IDK what's in store, just really looking forward to more custom room options, only.

    Have you noticed Lucian has been kinda quiet lately? Not as much chatter on twitter, hard at work!
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►