Counter and zone (highlander and aramusha)

Hi,

Has anyone noticed that the light counter of the highlander and the blade blockade of the aramusha doesn't interrupt zone attacks ?

That means when a berzerker or shaman launch their zone and as a highlander you land a counter with your light you're still hit by the next strike in the zone before your counter can land. same thing with blade blockade, it doesn't interrupt, so you get hit before you can land the top heavy.

I think it's borderline a bug but i can't put it on video because i don't have friends that play the game. (bots don't zone)

bye ! (i'm french, sorry for the spelling)

Originally Posted by Tom_Souilleur Go to original post
    Hi,

Has anyone noticed that the light counter of the highlander and the blade blockade of the aramusha doesn't interrupt zone attacks ?

That means when a berzerker or shaman launch their zone and as a highlander you land a counter with your light you're still hit by the next strike in the zone before your counter can land. same thing with blade blockade, it doesn't interrupt, so you get hit before you can land the top heavy.

I think it's borderline a bug but i can't put it on video because i don't have friends that play the game. (bots don't zone)

bye ! (i'm french, sorry for the spelling)
    Hallo Tom,

yes sure, it is already around since at least the beginning of Season 3 but to me this is not regarded as a bug, that's pretty normal. The zone attacks from Berserker and Shaman are rapid continuous attacks. You cannot deflect them too since you would get hit out whatever you'd be trying to do.

Hmm but when you thin about it... crushing counterstrike has in general superior block proberties which provides a fullstop to basically anything that comes in on a Warden's top. The Highlander's counter should be similar in that regard, so logically then yes this could be an unintended bug or just a special exception - I don't know. A conq could now tell is whether or not a zone of those two is canceled due blocking or if they follow through there too. If it'd happen to be stopped then we clearly have a bug at hand, if not well then it just seems intended to me.

The blockade however by itself was never designed to interrupt anything. That's why you see that the unblockable heavies (twin vipers) from the side have hyper armor (as well as the pushback kick). You can utilize those when sb uses a combo on your Aramusha (otherwise they are easily parried usually) since if I recall that correctly it doesn't provide superior block vs light attacks hence opponents can continue their light chains. The Blockade can be regarded more like a deflect in terms of its properties I would say.

The blockade when successful is a powerful upward swing that pushes back the blade of the enemy, for me it's not like a deflect at all, you stand firmly on your feet, deflects are more about flowing with the hit and sliding under the blades.
    Like you said, it get superior block (even on ligth) so it meant to push back the enemy, no reason a zone attack would behave differently.
    I think that if zone attack could come from the top (i'm not saying it should) and crushing counter of the warden didn't stop that, this problem would have been fixed a long time ago, here it's just the low tier champ that aren't played as much that are disadvantaged.

And indeed the superior block of the conq does not stop anyone zone. But it still makes no sense for me.
    I'm going to report it, i'll have the developer opinion if anyone has a video showing it, i'm interested.