1. #11
    Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    So. CA
    Posts
    1,775
    ....as for the enemy AI, I have had great success simply giving them the "go there" command placing them in the woods, in a depression, behind rocks, etc. Anywhere that is out of the way once I reach my objective. I rarely have an issue with them getting involved unless I am down or purposely call them in.
    Share this post

  2. #12
    The few times I have played the game, as a single player, I don't get how you guys say you can send them somewhere and they will stay there. It seems my friend's game is special in the way that when I don't give them commands, not even for sync shots, they go loud at the first sign of trouble and not in a good way because an enemy can be spraying me full of lead and these phuckers (anyone of my blob teammates not 2 feet away from me) will just look at the enemy dude while saying "Hola, que tal"
    Share this post

  3. #13
    Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    So. CA
    Posts
    1,775
    Originally Posted by GiveMeTactical Go to original post
    The few times I have played the game, as a single player, I don't get how you guys say you can send them somewhere and they will stay there. It seems my friend's game is special in the way that when I don't give them commands, not even for sync shots, they go loud at the first sign of trouble and not in a good way because an enemy can be spraying me full of lead and these phuckers (anyone of my blob teammates not 2 feet away from me) will just look at the enemy dude while saying "Hola, que tal"
    As I approach the objective, I use the "go to" command to send them up a hill in brush, behind rocks, etc. They will remain there unless you need to be revived, you give them other commands or you travel too far from their position. As long as they are away from the action, you don't have to worry about them being spotted or engaged.

    Again, there are those rare instances I have encountered but that was usually my fault for placing them in a bad spot.

    What's funny is that they refuse to implement a "lone wolf" mode because that's not the way they want people to play the game. ....yet here we are (yet again) talking of ways to do just that with the existing game mechanics.
    Share this post

  4. #14
    Well, not that I don't believe you guys but I have not had that luck. I doubt that it is because he is not updated to the latest patch either but, when I send them far away from the action and I move too far away from them, one of them says something about "Unit Cohesion" and they start getting close to me again.

    Oh well... Its not like I play the game every day but it does bother the hell out of me.
    Share this post

  5. #15
    AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Currently in a hot country, where Spanish is the main language.
    Posts
    2,299
    They copy your style so if you go loud and attack a lot then so will they.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Originally Posted by Kean_1 Go to original post
    ...
    What's funny is that they refuse to implement a "lone wolf" mode because that's not the way they want people to play the game. ....yet here we are (yet again) talking of ways to do just that with the existing game mechanics.
    The crazy part is that it most probably it would have been far less work to implement the lone wolf mode than adding the Predator challenge to the game. Its not even close. A simple button in the menu to toggle them on/off like they disapear and reappear with coop and done. You know - like the Tier 1 turn on/off. Or selecting the Predator mission...

    Oh, and I don't even want that option, but it has been requested so many times one would wonder if the developers would have to consider it...
    Share this post

  7. #17
    Kane_sg's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    East
    Posts
    689
    Originally Posted by Kean_1 Go to original post
    ....as for the enemy AI, I have had great success simply giving them the "go there" command placing them in the woods, in a depression, behind rocks, etc. Anywhere that is out of the way once I reach my objective. I rarely have an issue with them getting involved unless I am down or purposely call them in.
    True. I always find a spot that can work as their cover far or near, then use "Go There" or "Stay Here".

    I literally go in alone everytime, otherwise I wouldn't say I'm a CQC player if the attempt always failed due to AI teammates.
    Share this post

  8. #18
    Originally Posted by AI BLUEFOX Go to original post
    They copy your style so if you go loud and attack a lot then so will they.
    But they are the one that make me go loud most of the time, or, I have to go loud because they decided to be loud while walking on the other side of the minimap. Then, when I want them to go loud, they are no where to be found... go figure
    Share this post

  9. #19
    in my case just once get detected because weaver start a fight and i think was also my fault, they can walk next to the enemy and they will not be spoted but... if you give them an order, any order they no longer are ghost and can be spoted, go on a mission and send them in the middle of a base when you're 300 m away with the command go there, that is a fight for sure, even the regroup command isn't good if they are near to an enemy, like i said before this is in my case, they open fire if i engaged and the guys are to close you will heard, "they coming this way what should we do boss" or if their are too close "**** i shooting this guys"
    Share this post

  10. #20
    Game starts, I drive or get on a helo and get near a base or hideout, etc and I take pot shots at random just to test the blob squad... I let the enemy come in, one of them alerts me that they are coming this way, blah, blah, blah, so far I have not given them an order since I started the game... 2 things can happen

    1) The enemy sees me even though I moved from the place where I took the pot shots to a higher elevation with a rock that would hide me, they shoot at me and kill me while the blob squad just wanders around picking flowers without a care in the world that I am being swiss cheesed to death

    or

    2) The enemy will start shooting when they get close and 1 of the blob squad will yell, I'm shooting these phuckers and the whole going loud party gets started.

    Few are the times where I get into a base, hideout or mission place, I get seen but can kill the enemy and the guy who spotted the teammate and or me, gets kill as well and nothing happens, I can continue with my stealth mission as opposed to... as soon as the enemy gets kill, his friend sees him or me, I kill him and 1 of the blob squad goes loud with the awesome 1 liner "i'm shooting these phuckers".

    Again, the little things like this are the ones that annoy me the most on a shooter game, any shooter... let alone a more mil-sim type of shooter like GR but, seeing as to how this was their vision, (which boggles the mind btw since the devs are supposed to be avid GR players and Gamers as well), I just move along and hope that the next one, God willing, will be the one where they make a proper GR experience.
    Share this post