Why, Ubisoft?

First, let me say GRW is awesome. I've played little else since around Thanksgiving and am hooked.
    I do have some small, quality of life suggestions I've noticed may make the game better.
    Please feel free to add anything you can think of. I figure it took til the second year for The Division to get where it should have been at launch, so hopefully they give GRW the same facelift treatment.

1. Add a roll/Dodge button. The lack of one of these is most apparent when fighting Predator or getting out of vehicles with SB/Unidad already shooting at you. I was quite shocked to find there isn't any way to quickly dodge immediate danger.

2. New Game plus. Self explanatory. I have 100% completion, reached level 30 & started Tier 1 mode, and have nothing to do. Let us start the story over(perhaps shuffling the underbosses and buchons around) with the Tier 1 mode activated. Maybe even shuffle the weapons crates as well. Anything to give me a reason to keep playing with the guy I maxed out and not resorting to starting over fresh.

3. Maybe some more vehicle variety, as well as more radio stations. Give the SB cars and trucks "satellite radio" so we can have English stations. Maybe some news snippets relaying the consequences of my exploits to listen to. 10 different passenger vehicles and only 1 station just don't cut it. And fix the headlights, even when the front end is smashed up and the lights are off, you can see light comes on the road as though they aren't broken. C'mon, guys. This is impossible to miss.

4. If I pick up a weapon from a dead bad guy, it should then be part of my inventory. I hate finding a cool gun I don't have only to respawn with the guns I had before I found it, and the new one is gone.

5. More banter between the guys. They recycle the same handful of conversation in between missions or while driving. I lost track of how many times I heard about "not seeing this since the sandbox," and hearing the same guys say the same exact thing all the time. GTA V has 10's of thousands of lines of random dialogue, you guys could do it too.

6. More options to deal with HVT's. Kill, arrest, sell to rebels, etc. The rewards could depend on the bad guy, and how I deal with him.

7. Tighten up the AI. My guys sometimes will be in plain view of bad guys, and not be noticed, conversely, I'm trying to sneak, and my guys are right out in the open. Literally next to a bad guy, this is annoying when your AI partners make you start the whole mission over because they were seen.

8. Let me ride in a different seat. If I set a nav point, I should be able to ride shotgun and shoot outta the car. Also let me shoot a pistol when I'm driving. I was surprised when I got into the passenger side of a helo, and nobody flew it. Not cool.

There are probably more things. I'll add when I come across em as I'm playing.

Feel free to add as you guys see fit.

RushLoongHammer's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm relatively new to Wildlands. Level 16 at the moment.

1. I come from playing the Division, and I try and roll to dodge things all the time from muscle memory :P
    2. I heard the endgame isn't very good. I hope it isn't true because I'm enjoying the Wildlands a lot right now. The Division also launched with a disgraceful endgame.
    3. One thing I notice is that the civilians only drive the cars solo and not in families. Also the Driving handling and physics needs some attention. I can drive a 4WD almost vertically up a cliff.
    4. I agree.

6. I knocked out a guy in a mission thinking I can drag him to a car, but apparently knocking out means killing them. Not very good description.
    7. The AI teamates are bad. I tell them to hold really far away, and still they engage with enemies and get me detected. It'd be kool to have the option to remove them.

You guys are in for a bitter awakening...
     1 people found this helpful

All I can tell you, so I don't go onto my normal rant is... Enjoy the game with what you have and expect nothing, it will be beneficial.

If you do expect asked changes you'll end up bitter like me LOL

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RushLoongHammer Go to original post
    2. I heard the endgame isn't very good. I hope it isn't true because I'm enjoying the Wildlands a lot right now. The Division also launched with a disgraceful endgame.
    Personally, I never felt drawn into the story. I never felt an attachment to any of the characters either (including my own team). However, that didn't matter much to me since I enjoyed the overall gameplay. The story was just the backdrop for the missions I had to accomplish and in that respect, it worked fine.

If you're happy with the game so far, I wouldn't worry too much about the ending. I won't spoil it for you but GRW is just not one of those titles I think will ever be remembered for it's storyline. ....it's all about the other aspects of gameplay IMO.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

New game plus! Count me in!

UbiKeeba's Avatar Community Manager
    I can say that the dev team has stated recently that new game plus is not something they are planning on adding. The rest of the suggestions I'll see what I can find out about.

mezzatron's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiKeeba Go to original post
    I can say that the dev team has stated recently that new game plus is not something they are planning on adding. The rest of the suggestions I'll see what I can find out about.
    That's very sad. Because for one it would add a lot of replay value. As many players including myself enjoyed the campaign and want to play it again but don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking all weapons and perks.

Two, this has been a request from day 1.

And three, a lot of similar games offer this option.

Ohh well, I hope they will be announcing a Season Two DLC similar to Fallen Ghost

Or a new Ghost Recon set in Peru.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by mezzatron Go to original post
    That's very sad. Because for one it would add a lot of replay value. As many players including myself enjoyed the campaign and want to play it again but don't want to go through the hassle of unlocking all weapons and perks.

Two, this has been a request from day 1.

And three, a lot of similar games offer this option.

Ohh well, I hope they will be announcing a Season Two DLC similar to Fallen Ghost

Or a new Ghost Recon set in Peru.
    I would totally be down for the next ghost recon being in Peru

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Currently in a hot country, where Spanish is the main language.
    Originally Posted by RushLoongHammer Go to original post
    I'm relatively new to Wildlands. Level 16 at the moment.

7. The AI teamates are bad. I tell them to hold really far away, and still they engage with enemies and get me detected. It'd be kool to have the option to remove them.
    The best way to treat your AI if you don't want them to interfere is to give them no commands at all, not even a hold command. Without a command they will do nothing, although they will wander about and break immersion from time to time with obvious lines of sight between them and enemy AI. My default mode with them is to send them to the opposite side of a base, where they will usually stay out of sight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►