[FEEDBACK] [SUGGESTION] Just another sad Ghost Recon fan reporting...

It feels like at some point during my life Ive been transported to an alternate universe where things are opposite all the time.

In a normal world ubisoft would have released GRW and a bunch of people would be asking for Neon colored items, gear and events that have nothing to do with the Ghost Recon theme. In a normal world Ubisoft would tell these people "sorry, those suggestions dont fit the vision of the game, but thank you for sharing.".

In This world however, is just the opposite... Incredible community suggestions have been posted since BETA that would have improved the theme, the immersion and the replay-ability of GRW. These suggestions are shot down by Ubisoft as not fitting the vision of the game and instead they are in favor of these neon bright colors and anti-thematic events.

I cannot begin to understand why.

I went back and played Ghost Recon(2001), GRAW, and GRAW 2 and all I can say is... WOW! VERY SAD TO SEE

The E3 trailer showed how you could decide what you want to do with each Buchon: Sabotage and let the cartel kill them while keeping your hands clean, Kill them yourselves and be done with it, or extract them to gain some kind of intelligence.

We get no choice in that matter haha.. and now 8 months after the game has been released people only want to choose how their singleplayer team looks like and even that is not of the great vision.

some good community suggestions that ive come across since March:

WIRE CUTTERS - because the only quiet way through a fence that doesnt have a hole in it already is DEFINITELY a car driving through it... otherwise your loud options are C4 or grenades..

AI CLOTHING CUSTOMIZATION - no need to explain..

LMG & SNIPER RIFLE BIPODS - also would be nice for stability and RP as a sniper on a hill far far away..

CLASSIC HELICOPTER CONTROLS WITH A CROSSHAIR - the new heli controls are really bad lol im pretty sure all anyone ever wanted was a crosshair to see where the nose of the heli is pointing, not a rework of how the helicopters fly and react to gravity..

NEW GAME PLUS - also pretty self explanatory, maybe give us the OPTION to restart with nothing or to restart with all our guns and attachments..

INCREASED DEAD BODY TIME AND INCREASED S.A.M. RESPAWN TIME - not even sure why these are the way they are. Doesnt make a whole lot of sense in a stealth game for bodies to disappear when you turn around and the sam respawn time discourages anyone from even bothering to blow them up.

some things that I dont believe were suggested but I think would help benefit the game:

Vehicle Camouflage - the idea comes from Mercenaries Playground of Destruction (and maybe MERCS2) where if you get into a faction specific vehicle and waited a few seconds you would then be disguised as that faction. A double edged sword because if you run into enemies of that faction you are currently disguised as, they will open fire on you, then all you had to do was honk the horn and the disguise would disappear and the faction opening fire would react accordingly (if friendly stop shooting if enemy continue shooting) considering stealthing in vehicles consists of "driving so fast the enemies dont even get to see you" I think this would be a good feature.

Camo Index - this comes from Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater where wearing correct camo in the correct environment provided you with an advantage and likewise incorrect camo in incorrect environments provided a huge disadvantage. Considering this is a stealth game with TONS of camo patterns and clothes im genuinely surprised this isnt in the game to some degree.

OPTION TO RESET REBEL OPS - My absolute favorite activity in this game was the Satellite Stations Because of the objective: Breach & Clear all while under a time limit. The benefit of resetting all the rebel ops would also help Tier Players with resource gathering because then the heli and plane hijack missions would return.. gets awful boring doing NOTHING but convoy raids for supplies once you 100% the game..

Do I believe any of this will be focused on during the New Year? nope. Ive been a lurker for quite some time now and Ive seen how Ubisoft handles community suggestions maybe in the normal universe that I left behind, Ghost Recon Wildlands is a marvelous masterpiece, but in the current universe Im left scratching my head wondering how a company that was at one time my absolute favorite has strayed so far from the light...

In the end its all about choice. The more choices the better.
    No one would force you to change your AI teams clothes if you didnt want to.
    No one would force you to use wire cutters if you preferred to go ALL THE WAY AROUND THAT FENCE.
    No one would force you to use bipods.
    No one would force you to play with the hud on if the helicopter crosshair really bothered you that much.

Perhaps if the game was able to be modded we wouldnt have the forums being flooded by the same requests..

Not really expecting much to come of this, I have played this game for about 120 hours with only 30ish hours in coop and the rest in Single Player... just figured Id throw my 2 cents in as to what could help the game and improve its lifespan.

Thank you for taking the time to read and I hope you all have a Happy New Year.
     8 people found this helpful

I feels ya, dude.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Klaymond Go to original post
    I feels ya, dude.
    I join the club...

If talk here on the forum and elsewhere is to be believed, there's no camo system in the game due to complaints about AC: Unity's customization system and how there were very few viable options with everybody choosing to dress the same. Therefor Ubi decided to forego a camouflage system so that individual players could dress how they wanted without it being a detriment to gameplay.

... Ditto

Originally Posted by Ghost416 Go to original post
    If talk here on the forum and elsewhere is to be believed, there's no camo system in the game due to complaints about AC: Unity's customization system and how there were very few viable options with everybody choosing to dress the same. Therefor Ubi decided to forego a camouflage system so that individual players could dress how they wanted without it being a detriment to gameplay.
    yeah i'm not saying a camo system couldn't work but adding stats to clothing would suck

it would just devolve into everyone wearing the heavy IBA and a ghillie suit with whatever clothing gave the best camo

would really limit the fantastic character smith
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by ManticButton Go to original post
    yeah i'm not saying a camo system couldn't work but adding stats to clothing would suck

it would just devolve into everyone wearing the heavy IBA and a ghillie suit with whatever clothing gave the best camo

would really limit the fantastic character smith
    Exactly.

Kean_1's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with all the points the OP made. ......several of which have been long time requests from this community and would really add value to the core gameplay.

AI BLUEFOX's Avatar Senior Member
    Currently in a hot country, where Spanish is the main language.
    I agree with the suggestions improving the game, but I'd swap them all for a fully controllable AI squad. That was the real unique feature of the original.

A fully controlable squad is a must for a tactical single player experience. Without it GR will stay only a very mediocre shooting experience. This game can be a lot of fun with a right group of people, without it there is little to nothing that makes it a really good experience. Singleplayers missed out on a lot of good things in this game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►