Thread: ACO Random crash while playing the game | Forums

Sebastien_Tokyo's Avatar Junior Member

ACO Random crash while playing the game

Hello,

I just bought the game yesterday and started playing. It sometimes crashes at launch, or after playing 10-20 minutes, randomly.

After checking lots of similar issue threads an trying solutions with no success, I opened a ticket in my region, sharing the msfile and dxdiag files.

System:
    Geforce MX 1050
    32GB memory
    Intel i7 7th generation
    so above the recommended requirements

Things I did:
    - clean the PC, the cache, register, temp files
    - deactivate memory caching on Bios
    - resintall / update drivers with Driver Easy, all up to date
    - deactivated the firewall / antivirus
    - clean boot

After seeing several posts of graphic cards, my problem might come from this... I also saw that I should check the event log for errors but I cannot understand what type of errors it is...

So before doing stupid things on my laptop I contacted the support but it is taking time to get an answer, in the meantime if you have some advice please let me know!

Sebastien_Tokyo's Avatar Junior Member
    Hello,

a quick update which could help some users.

The JP support team was very responsive and checked the dxdiag / msfiles I sent. If you have Intel Graphics and a Geforce, you can set you geforce as default in Nvidia > control panel > 3D display settings to avoid conflicts, and it will not crash anymore after a restart

The game works perfectly now

tyhh's Avatar Junior Member
    Hey Sebastien_Tokyo ,

So do you mean 3d settings has to be off ? Because I have AMD GPU and have random crashes. I have to check AMD panel but first I have to know which action has to be taken

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Sebastien_Tokyo!

Thank you for posting your work-around. We will keep this in mind when someone else has an issue like that