Thread: Pred broke the game balance with 200k crits | Forums

You have literally ruined the game with high stamina pred.

EddyRockSteddy's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PostCarnage Go to original post
    Why is nobody from community even remotely willing to address this? Pred is broken.
    The Devs are savvy enough to see past all the whining and realize that even though Predator is strong when the stars align, it’s very easily countered by a few simple steps.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by EddyRockSteddy Go to original post
    The Devs are savvy enough to see past all the whining and realize that even though Predator is strong when the stars align, it’s very easily countered by a few simple steps.
    I wouldn't say they are savvy enough to see past the whining, but want the game to be played a certain way and the way the game has changed is not fun IMO. Literally all I run into is 9k stam pred builds. The only soft counter is 2 builds. One which lessens the impact of bleed through EDR and the other which outheals the pred bleed only when you have 100 stacks running 9k stam as well.

Tanks are not supposed to beat DPS builds. It's idealistic to RPGs. I worked on RPGs for nearly 7 years of my life. Tanks are supposed to tank damage. Striker is broken IMO with how well it works, but pred is just stupid broken because there is no counter to interrupting the bleed.

Yes you can use boxes, but as soon as you set it down the pred destroys it or the box is EMP'd causing you to have to use a medkit/candy bar to get off bleed. Yes you can use a medkit, but as soon as you do you are back on bleed. Adrenaline doesn't stop bleed from re-applying either.

There is no hard counter to pred. This is like the tanktician meta but with bleed instead of sticky bombs.

Blood2kills's Avatar Banned
    Simple steps that easy to say not done
    The devs well Nerf it every one is asking for it
    It's not even over powered it's broken it's a bug just like the rpm glitch
    Enjoy it while you can . It's not gonna last

EddyRockSteddy's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Blood2kills Go to original post
    The devs well Nerf it every one is asking for it .....
    I don’t think so.

People pick a fight in the DZ, get hammered and then are salty cause they didn’t win.

They cry for a nerf.

This has happened too much and I personally think that the Devs are now wise to this ‘crying after getting spanked in the horrible DZ’ syndrome infecting a subset of the playerbase.

What’s next?

Sulking, crying and whining about the 2 million Stamina D3 build?

And so it goes on.

LoneEagleDNR's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by PostCarnage Go to original post
    Pred has no hard counter to the bleed outside of healing faster than the bleed can hit you. The problem is when you have back to back to back crits from the bleed with skills/medkits on cooldown keeping you unable to remove the bleed.

You have no answer to this because there is no true counter that negates pred entirely outside of a high EDR final measure build or a striker with full stacks NOT getting EMP'd. Nomad is a solid way to handle it, but once your nomad procs you are vulnerable unless you get the lucky 6x in a row proc for nomad. Shield build seems to handle it as long as you take shots from a player. Lonestar has no counter to it, Tac has no counter to it, hexo has no counter to it, and pretty much no other build has a hard counter to it.

The only thing you can do is lessen the bleed and/or get off bleed and hope they don't focus you back on or that you don't get hit by shrapnel.
    *sigh* there are two HARD counters to pred already in the game that ya'll seem to blatantly ignore

MEDKIT. ADRENALINE.

i agree, shrapnel is a little too 'chaotic' than the set alone deserves, even tho personally ive never felt 'cheated' because of it. but if you cant kill the dude from adrenaline or between one medkit and the other, then believe me - no amount of 'balance' to predator will help you or someone who plays the same way about it

Originally Posted by LoneEagleDNR Go to original post
    *sigh* there are two HARD counters to pred already in the game that ya'll seem to blatantly ignore

MEDKIT. ADRENALINE.

i agree, shrapnel is a little too 'chaotic' than the set alone deserves, even tho personally ive never felt 'cheated' because of it. but if you cant kill the dude from adrenaline or between one medkit and the other, then believe me - no amount of 'balance' to predator will help you or someone who plays the same way about it
    Adrenaline doesn't stop the bleed. And a medkit is not a hard counter to it.

A hard counter is say EMP on a striker to lose their stacks. A final measure to suck up grenades. There is no "pred can't bleed you for X duration" of time.

I would be 100% fine with it if they took out the crit damage for pred. The crit will literally kill 90% of healer builds in 1 tic. Reclaimer is useless as you don't want a giant box anymore. And since they took the 4 second revive out you generally die from the bleed before your box can get you up.

I get you are trying to support Pred... But Pred is a players build who sucked at the game before and now just runs around throwing bleed on people and running away only to do it again a few seconds later.

Preds are easy to kill. They are easy to deal with. I'm not disagreeing with that. The problem is - bleed is to hard to stay off of with the 10 shots and then when the crit lands... you are screwed.

A tank that is main DPS is broken. Striker is pretty broken if you don't EMP them, but you can EMP them to kill the build. Pred with crit hits is broken. I really don't want to run final measure or Striker for the next few months dealing with this BS.

Adrenaline talent doesn't work

Originally Posted by LoneEagleDNR Go to original post

MEDKIT. ADRENALINE.

Adrenaline talent doesn't work get your facts straight before you publish them .
    Medkits have a cooldown .predators don't
    Immunaizer box don't work properly .you need to go out and in and by the time you do that you are already down . It's not over powered it's broken like the rest of 1.8 .
     2 people found this helpful

I don’t think so.

People pick a fight in the DZ, get hammered and then are salty cause they didn’t win.

They cry for a nerf.

This has happened too much and I personally think that the Devs are now wise to this ‘crying after getting spanked in the horrible DZ’ syndrome infecting a subset of the playerbase.

What’s next?

Sulking, crying and whining about the 2 million Stamina D3 build?

And so it goes on.
    Do I look like I cry ?
    I guess you used to cry a lot back in 1.7 to get a broken set and manage to compete with good players . ......
    This is a general discussion forum for the division I'm giving my opinion and giving the developers feedback . Why would I cry
     1 people found this helpful

If adrenalin would work, predator would be useless!