Thread: Pred broke the game balance with 200k crits | Forums

  1. #1

    Pred broke the game balance with 200k crits

    Just a heads up. But I'm sure it's in a "fine place" like the balance designer said on stream. Unfortunately you don't play the game like the rest of us do.

    You broke the game by allowing a 200k crit hit on a 9k stamina build. You should listen to your community a wee bit more. The only "counter" is exotic damage resilience. Like literally 3 pieces of armor that can have it and then mods.

    Final measure is the only true counter, but even then it's still broken.

    You need to go back to the drawing board with how pred mark works because it's broken.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    Goo-Goo-Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    DZ
    Posts
    2,060
    Why is it broken?

    I have had countless rogues survive my 10-second burst that crit-bleeds NPC’s for 450K a tick and then turn around and bend me over like a pretzel with a Toughness score of 675K........

    Pray tell how are they surviving and killing me in a matter of seconds?
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by EddyRockSteddy Go to original post
    Why is it broken?

    I have had countless rogues survive my 10-second burst that crit-bleeds NPC’s for 450K a tick and then turn around and bend me over like a pretzel with a Toughness score of 675K........

    Pray tell how are they surviving and killing me in a matter of seconds?
    If you have players surviving your bleed constantly - you don't know how to run pred. Crit damage on literally everything mixed in with a final measure healer running a 35%/35% pulse or higher and you die in 1 tick from pred when a crit lands as a non 400k+ health build.

    Bleed can't be stopped if a team runs an EMP + Pred. The only builds that can survive are a lucky proc of nomad repeatedly, a Striker with full stacks in 9k stamina, and a Final measure. Other builds can't go head up with a pred build that is built for crit damage.

    A striker with built up shots can be avoided via strafing. A deadeye you can avoid by not going to fight them. Nomad you can kill by just out dps-ing them because most of them are terrible. Final measure is a support build, Lonestar is practically non-existant but can be beaten by not face tanking the baby crit, and all gold is pretty much dead because it is only good as a dps build right now.

    Pred literally has killed the DPS build of this game and there is no real skill build beyond pulse and the ocassional sticky bomb build.

    There are a few things that need to be done in order to make the bleed of pred in 9k stamina balanced.

    #1 - you need to remove crit damage from bleed period. This single change to gear sets has killed the viability of 90% of possible DPS/Skill builds as you literally can't fight half the time as you are constantly trying to get off bleed before the crit kills you.

    My Final Measure build and my strikler builds are literally the only 2 builds that can survive against preds reliably. All other builds are useless in this meta with pred in the DZ/skirm/last stand

    The all gold build is dead in my eyes unless you use 100% exotic damage resilience across the board where it can be used.

    #2 - If you don't remove crit damage - you need to reduce the buff the 9k stamina build gets to bleed. A tank should not hit that hard. That's not the role of a tank. I get breaking the mold, but common RPG balancing dictates that a tank is not also supposed to be the primary DPS. It's not balanced. Many many years of RPGs has showcased this breaks balance.

    I have a pred build and it's not fair to anyone when I run it or when multiple players in a team run it.

    #3 - Shrapnel should not work for pred. This is just OP and is broken in so many ways. Running a healer build I have no option to run anything but a final measure healer as 1 crit tick from a pred's shrapnel bleed can literally kill me via shrapnel.

    TLDR - Remove crit damage from pred, reduce the bonus to pred's bleed DPS for 9k stam, or remove shrapnel entirely from pred. It's broken and we told you it was broken.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    To put this into perspective - Pred is the new deadeye in my eyes but with survivability. Why do you think literally everybody is running it in the DZ?
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Goo-Goo-Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    DZ
    Posts
    2,060
    Again, I am bleeding NPC’s for 450K a tick. You telling me that’s useless and that I do not know how to run a Predator set?

    OK, I get that.

    Now please tell me what I am doing wrong so I can fix my build.

    Edit: Survivability?

    I die in seconds with 675K toughness. Again, what am I doing wrong?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    meathead_79's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,602
    I run Pred because I like the logo. It has nothing to do with it being OP, LOL
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #7
    moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,703
    yeah, i run into agents constantly who dont bleed and arent running final measure who do just as Eddy says, turn around and basically insta-murder you. I get in a team setting if the team is good then it could be a problem but most agents have alreadly figured it out and arent just bleeding out in the strreet. Most are using boxes that they drop and pop and it gives them immunity and an overheal. No FM needed as this works with 90k skill power which is just dumb. Ill fight for a PM nerf when shock turrets and heal boxes dont work for basically no-skill power builds. No way a skill should be effective in any way with 95k skill power yet we have skill builds with 450K that couldnt kill an agent if they stood in the fire for 10 seconds.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    nairda2k9's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,114
    Originally Posted by EddyRockSteddy Go to original post
    Again, I am bleeding NPC’s for 450K a tick. You telling me that’s useless and that I do not know how to run a Predator set?

    OK, I get that.

    Now please tell me what I am doing wrong so I can fix my build.

    Edit: Survivability?

    I die in seconds with 675K toughness. Again, what am I doing wrong?
    If you have 675K Toughness you are NOT fully specced into crit hit chance and crit hit damage.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    yeah, i run into agents constantly who dont bleed and arent running final measure who do just as Eddy says, turn around and basically insta-murder you. I get in a team setting if the team is good then it could be a problem but most agents have alreadly figured it out and arent just bleeding out in the strreet. Most are using boxes that they drop and pop and it gives them immunity and an overheal. No FM needed as this works with 90k skill power which is just dumb. Ill fight for a PM nerf when shock turrets and heal boxes dont work for basically no-skill power builds. No way a skill should be effective in any way with 95k skill power yet we have skill builds with 450K that couldnt kill an agent if they stood in the fire for 10 seconds.
    If you are running into agents who don't bleed - you are missing your shots and or changing targets. The best pred builds run EMP or some other status effect proc with them to force you to medkit before the bleed even happens.

    10 shots = bleed + optional for everyone in area to bleed just the same with shrapnel.
    Drop immune box = 1x bleed removal if you are lucky to get it down before the crit lands.

    Any good team destroys or EMPs your box when you drop it and then throws pred on again watching you get hit with crit and die.

    As for shock turrets - who cares... you can kill them in 2 bullets damn near. That's not a fight I think anyone really cares about. You can candy bar/heal out of it easily. Same with box giving heal on exploding. It's not that big of a heal.

    Pred though you can't truly counter outside of focusing the pred build down. Problem is - like honestly 50% of the community is running it right now.

    You ever fight a 4 man pred team? You can't beat it. You literally can't fight as you constantly have to heal up. If you try to face tank it down - you bleed out to it along with the others shooting you. The only thing that helps is EDR which when you use you literally lose out on bonuses needed to counter other builds.

    Sorry, but pred in the current state is broken. Crit damage needs to be removed as well as shrapnel to the pred crit bleed.

    And honestly - nobody cares about how much you crit NPCs. PVE players are not who I care about. I will never rally for you people because I play PvP. I could care less what happens in PvE as the only time I PvE is when I'm farming for gear.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by nairda2k9 Go to original post
    If you have 675K Toughness you are NOT fully specced into crit hit chance and crit hit damage.
    Crit hit change/dmg is what you have to spec into in order to fully optimize pred. A gun with Vicious/Deadly + crit on every piece of gear. Once you know how to build pred - come back to the conversation. Also - we are talking PvP - nobody really cares how much you crit a NPC.
    Share this post

Page 1 of 9 123 ... Last ►►