1. #11
    ManticButton's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    618
    Originally Posted by KmarkoPL Go to original post
    Do you realise that outfit or any camouflage have zero effect in the game.
    You can wear pink underwear and the enemy NPC will see you exactly the same
    Yes I know that but for immersion reasons or for variety's sake it's nice to have those options

    honestly all I really want is more in depth squad commands

    but having a few outfit options for are squad would be nice
    Share this post

  2. #12
    Originally Posted by Ghost416 Go to original post
    Wow, can't believe I have to do this again.

    Delta Force in Afghanistan




    No one is wrong for wanting AI customization, but the arguments disparaging how the AI are dressed just reek of ignorance.
    Not one of those pictures has a single guy in a ghillie and 3 guys in slacks and a T shirt.

    Not one of those pictures has guys wearing T shirts in the snow at what, 10 000 feet.

    While one can find a myriad of different styles and dresses ranging from normal,

    To extreme


    You can also find pictures of guys dressed very similar


    And notice another thing about most of thr pictures you find, there is differences. In Wildlands you can choose any style you want, for one person. The others are all stuck in the one mode of dress. So there is no disguising yourself like a local, no tailoring your overall kit to match the terrain or conditions, or even each other.

    Arguments saying that one mode of dress is fine for the whole game is just as ignorant. Not every LRRP desses like casual Friday. And not everyone wants to have their AI squad look like that. If it was an option you could choose either, but it isn't. You're forced to one extreme. Even similar doesn't mean matching.

    I have no issue with the mix and match squad. One of my outfits is jeans and a tshirt. The thing is the immersion is broken pretty rapidly when you ghillie up or dress to impress and you can't change the squad.

    Just to show I'm not ignorant but would appreciate options I'll just leave this here:

     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #13
    Kane_sg's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    East
    Posts
    1,711
    Originally Posted by UbiInsulin Go to original post
    Hi snova332! The situation remains the same as it was during this dev Q&A - AI teammate customization is not planned.
    So what is exactly 'planned', really?

    Your friend over a PvP thread a while back saying that the next update will bring something that 'the community heavily requested' in regards of PvP. So how about these 'heavily requested' stuff for PvE then?

    We were also informed that the PvP dev team is of Ubi Bucharest. If said statement was true, then what are the so-called PvE dev team doing right now?

    I'm sorry, this not an attack to you guys from Community department, but this is ultimately irritating.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #14
    @Kane_sg: It's only irratating because you still have expectations. GRW failed to deliver on a lot of things that would have made this game really good, but they delivered what they said they would. In their view they are completely done with PvE. As much as it disgusts me to see how easily requested things get implemented for the PvP side, there is nothing left to be done, except re-evalue their next game they bring to the market. To me chances are bigger and bigger that I will skip it because of how bad the PvE side was treated, first and formost the single player experience that is far behind anything the coop offers. But they didn't listen to the beta testers, the press, nor the players, so why do you expect them to listen now?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Ghost416's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Originally Posted by Kayback2 Go to original post
    Not one of those pictures has a single guy in a ghillie and 3 guys in slacks and a T shirt.

    Not one of those pictures has guys wearing T shirts in the snow at what, 10 000 feet.

    While one can find a myriad of different styles and dresses ranging from normal,

    To extreme


    You can also find pictures of guys dressed very similar


    And notice another thing about most of thr pictures you find, there is differences. In Wildlands you can choose any style you want, for one person. The others are all stuck in the one mode of dress. So there is no disguising yourself like a local, no tailoring your overall kit to match the terrain or conditions, or even each other.
    Another thing to note is that all but the first pic seem to be of regular army troops rather than black ops like the Ghosts. I know the one of the guy in pink boxers is (Spc. Zachery Boyd of the 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Division), because the story about that incident was all over the news. And the one after it looks to be of Australians or Kiwis. Moreover, the guy in the first pic is in a situation where he needs to be identifiable by friendly forces, which Nomad and his team surely aren't.

    Arguments saying that one mode of dress is fine for the whole game is just as ignorant. Not every LRRP desses like casual Friday. And not everyone wants to have their AI squad look like that. If it was an option you could choose either, but it isn't. You're forced to one extreme. Even similar doesn't mean matching.

    I have no issue with the mix and match squad. One of my outfits is jeans and a tshirt. The thing is the immersion is broken pretty rapidly when you ghillie up or dress to impress and you can't change the squad.
    See, I'm not disputing any of that, but the vast majority of people who complain about the state of the Ghosts' dress in the game is because they think such units always dress in full, obvious regalia when the whole game is based on a scenario where they most definitely would not. Hell, there's even a piece of intel in the game where an Unidad helicopter pilot specifically picks them out as soldiers and reports in about it.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #16
    Originally Posted by Ghost416 Go to original post
    Another thing to note is that all but the first pic seem to be of regular army troops rather than black ops like the Ghosts. I know the one of the guy in pink boxers is (Spc. Zachery Boyd of the 1st Battalion, 26th Infantry Division), because the story about that incident was all over the news. And the one after it looks to be of Australians or Kiwis. Moreover, the guy in the first pic is in a situation where he needs to be identifiable by friendly forces, which Nomad and his team surely aren't.


    See, I'm not disputing any of that, but the vast majority of people who complain about the state of the Ghosts' dress in the game is because they think such units always dress in full, obvious regalia when the whole game is based on a scenario where they most definitely would not. Hell, there's even a piece of intel in the game where an Unidad helicopter pilot specifically picks them out as soldiers and reports in about it.
    We're discussing the same thing from opposite ends. I agree with you. I'm just saying that wouldn't have happened if we can dress like YOUR pictures where we have traditional (or close to it) Bolivian garb, or even SB or Unidad style uniforms.

    Our AI squad scream PMC or as you say black ops, who most definately are not in either armed branch in the game. But you can't change them either way. You can't go full Ghost Squad regalia, which wouldn't be bad as their current gear still gives them away anyway, so no loss.

    I can dress as a 17th Century assasin? A Division agent? Hell one of my outfits is a quasi Santa Blanca avenging angel setup, but my squad are still the same PMC looking guys.

    I just think it is extremely lazy programming to not make that option available.
     3 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  7. #17
    I don't want to put those fools in full kit most of the time, I just want to change their appearance because I think they look like idiots. Whoever designed these character models did a bad job in my opinion and I want to improve their looks to something that I like. For me it is as simple as that. I don't like the way my AI squad look so I want the option to change it. If people like the goggle guy and the drunkard with the half tucked shirt then so be it, just give us the option to change it.
    Share this post

  8. #18
    Originally Posted by Ghost416 Go to original post
    See, I'm not disputing any of that, but the vast majority of people who complain about the state of the Ghosts' dress in the game is because they think such units always dress in full, obvious regalia when the whole game is based on a scenario where they most definitely would not. Hell, there's even a piece of intel in the game where an Unidad helicopter pilot specifically picks them out as soldiers and reports in about it.
    and you are basing this from what facts? perhaps from the facts that almost every other thread posted here wants to customize their squad to look like the main character does?

    Again, I don't give a rat's *** how they are dress but it does bother me that my character is dress in whatever option the game chose for me (didn't spent any time putting make up myself) and the squad is dress like, again, Village People no matter where we go.

    If you are going to a wedding with 4 friends and 1 of them is dress in full Smoking suit and you 3 are dress in Jeans and flannel shirts, wouldn't that be more obvious to spot as something being wrong with all of you guys? or do you think the crowd will say... Ah, those 3 guys are blending in with the crowd but that guy with the Smoking suit is just wrong

    Only you and the devs believe that they would not be recognized as Gringos a mile away or immediately because they dress like the Village People.
    Share this post

  9. #19
    Just for the sake of getting some connection to these 3 nobodies and to use the bough/unlocked tier 1 equipment it would have made a lot of sense. I honestly don't get what the decision makers were thinking in this case. For all the unique clothing these 3 guys are wearing you don't even notice it without taking a long close look at them and comparing it to the character smith equivalent. The character design is simply poor (both story and lookwise). Sticking to their vision of these 3 is not defensable since I have yet to read a positive comment about them anywhere, not to mention the endless complaints about this.
    Share this post

  10. #20
    To me, it is more for the whole squad to look the part... even though one could care less for any of them. Hell, even the voice overs sound weird for each of their characters... hard to explain really.

    And no, in my opinion, they should dress similar to what the main character is wearing... since it does not really matter for the gameplay and being that it is purely for cosmetic reasons, the excuse of operators in some regions wear plain clothing is just an asinine excuse.
    Share this post