Does anyone know if it's at all possible to put/add pilot names to aircraft in the QMB and/or FMB as in multiplayer/online ? Thanks...

Does anyone know if it's at all possible to put/add pilot names to aircraft in the QMB and/or FMB as in multiplayer/online ? Thanks...

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    What do you mean... put your name ON the plane? Sure is.... Just go into the skin file and put it on there. Its more complicated than that of course but you can start there. I suggest you make a copy of the skin though and experiment with that because it will take a while to get it unless you are well versed in PS or PSP.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

No, I mean having your name displayed in the red/blue text (Labels I think is the correct term) where it shows distance and type... (Should have explained that a little better before)

Bearcat99's Avatar Senior Member
    Try toggling ALT I.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE> [/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>vflyer@comcast.net[/list]<UL TYPE=SQUARE>99thPursuit Squadron IL2 Forgotten Battles[/list]
    UDQMG | HYPERLOBBY | IL2 Manager | MUDMOVERS

That doesn't seem to do anything, what should it be doing ?

I'm not quite sure what you are looking for, but I'll take a guess. Do you want to be able to assign a name to the AI planes in your flight for offline in the QMB and for Coops in the FMB? If that's what you are asking for, no, we can't give our AI wingmen names.

3./Jagdgeschwader 51
    3./JG51_Stecher
    www.jg51.com

Yes thats what I would like to do. I have put a load of friends faces on the pilots skins and set up AI missions with all the pilots on ACE and we place bets on who will win and leave it up to the computer to sort it out. It's very amusing to watch and would be so much better if we could see our names next to our planes... I didn't think this was possible but had to ask just in case