I've heard something about Battle of Britain and Pacific fighters. I'm a little confused, can someone please give a quick explaination.

I've heard something about Battle of Britain and Pacific fighters. I'm a little confused, can someone please give a quick explaination.

MEGILE's Avatar Senior Member
    Battle of Britain - Completely new sim, seperate from IL2 based ofcourse on the battle over Britain early in the war.

pacific Fighters - stand alone product based on IL2FB code, set in the pacific with new planes and carrier ops....

Countdown to 1337 post count = P minus 174

But will BoB, will be made by same people?

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    BoB will be made by the same people who made Forgotten Battles.

Pacific Fighters is supported by the people who made Forgotten Battles. Most of the content is coming from a new team while the meat of the programming and flight modeling is coming from the FB team. Confusing a little yes...don't worry about it.

Battle of Britain, Forgotten Battles, and Pacific Fighters are part of the same overall development group.

RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

That all sounds good. Both are 2 of my favorite aerial combat confrontations. I'll probally buy both.

That all sounds good. Both are 2 of my favorite aerial combat confrontations. I'll probally buy both.

Yellonet's Avatar Senior Member
    PF is already my favorite game, and it isn't out yet

- Yellonet

Shame they couldn't call it 'Allied Air wars' and incorporate them both into one game, so that the maps could be share in online dogfights and co-op matches. Then everybody who buys it would at least have a huge community to play it with rather than half on PF and half on BoB. Oh well, marketing never was my strong point. Just value for money.

Well As I see it, BOB is far away in the future, 2005.. PF is a way to get some income soner.
    And Thanks God, they are giving us PF whatever reason it is .

And I´m not sure about getting BOB yet, but I´m sure it will be a giant leap in Flight sims, so I´ll get it even thow the theater holds absolutlly no interest for me...

I´ts been done too many times.. Yes I know, not in Olegs style, but anyhow, I´ll have PF in Luthiers/Olegs Style ...