Thread: How many computers can you install far cry 4? | Forums

How many computers can you install far cry 4?

I heard after 5 times of install the game far cry 4 on the same computer or different computer
    they force you to buy a new game
    at least this happened for far cry 2 right?

so can you uninstall the far cry 4 game on a computer to get revoke an install to install more times

I want to reset my pc because of a virus, or buy a new pc

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    ONCE

after that your game = bound to the uplay account you used to activate the the game on

for life the game will be bound to that Uplay account and password

there is no limitation on how many PC's you use or build to play the games on

but no you can not log in on more then 1 uplay account at the same time on separate PC's

each copy has a digital licence ..if you choose to use that on another PC .. no problem

but no you can not have 2 or more players on the same Uplay PC account

Steam and other online launchers work the same way

you log in to your account ..your games are there
    steam does offer family sharing Uplay and origin DO NOT ..you need a digital licence for each player

if you need to simply just reinstall on another PC .. your fine ..as long as you log in with the same account details you used when you activated your game

your game will install and be there

Two windows users and one game?

Hi. Do I understand right, that have to buy TWO games if me and my son would like to play the game installed on one laptop?
    I am not talking about simultaneous playing.

Thank you in advance.

Nugzar

on a single PC you get a single save file, so sharing a Uplay account would not work ..as anyone else playing on your account will overwrite your game save

if you have multiple PC's only one person can play on a single Uplay account at a time for one copy of the game

ie

you can not buy a single copy install it on multiple PC and play co op

each user will need to purchase a copy on each machine and have an individual Uplay account

LAN (local area Network ) play is not supported ...each user must be logged into an individual Uplay account , as all co op and multi play connection is handled by the Uplay game servers

it is possible to allow another user to play on your Uplay account on the same PC ..but you would have to keep manually backing up your save file for Single player

and shut off the Uplay cloud save sync function

You can replay missions and have multiple save files . its not that hard to do .

just copy and paste your save to the right folder or copy the entire 856 folder over if you have the steam version .. with the uplay only version it uses folder # 420

each save consists of 4 small files
    1.save
    1.save.upload
    2.save
    2.save.upload

one is an auto save the other is a user created save point, the other ones are upload files that save to the cloud ,and it will always make those .upload files even if you shut off the cloud save option in Uplay settings

with the steam version of the game, saves your game to (x = the drive you installed the uplay launcher to )

X:\ Program files X86 \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft game launcher \savegames \ *a folder with a long series
    of letters and numbers Varies from system to system* \ 856

the Uplay only version they go in
    X:\ Program files X86 \ Ubisoft \ Ubisoft game launcher \savegames \ *a folder with a long series
    of letters and numbers Varies from system to system* \ 420

to make sure your do not have a problem MAKE SURE you shut off the Uplay setting for Cloud saves .. these also can overwrite your save file

open Uplay FIRST

go to settings and uncheck the option that says
    Enable Cloud Save Sycronization for supported games

if you need to back up your own save files first see this webpage

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/...0000000enCFCAY

Thnka you for your reply. The ideas was not to play multyplayer game and install one copy of game on two PC.

We install the game on one PC.

User1 logs in the PC with its' own window account, logs in to Uplay account and starts playing.
    The next day User2 logs with his own windows account, logs in his own Uplay account and ... ?

Can they both play with one copy of game?

Nugzar

you still only get a single save slot

so if some one else plays the game you will lose your position in the game . as that person will be playing the game from the point you left off on

windows accounts mean nothing .. the game is tied to a single Uplay account and yes you have to login to Uplay to play the game

far cry 4 only supports a single save slot ..

Strange, not fare, from my point of view.

Anyway, thanks.