Thread: Far Cry 5 - Steve Byers Interview | Forums

Viragoxv535's Avatar Far Cry 3 Elite Member
    Originally Posted by Nzgw Go to original post
    comparing real versus fake. He in the video above and developers elsewhere actually said/posted that word, real. Computer generated violence, fake.
    I still fail to see where's the violence...

I was offended.
    That's your prerogative but your right ends where other people's rights begin: i like it that way better and interviewee's right to free speech. So...

Slurs are 1 category of offensive language. Other categories includes profanity (blasphemous language), sex, and bodily functions.
    You're still confusing concepts (slurs/profanity) with real world actions. Claiming such offensive power for concept references is not very wise.

Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    I still fail to see where's the violence...
    I was commenting on AKAFootloose's post.
    Originally Posted by Viragoxv535 Go to original post
    You're still confusing concepts (slurs/profanity) with real world actions. Claiming such offensive power for concept references is not very wise.
    Concepts as in things to do with the mind/thinking? Real world actions as in physically affected?

Ubi-Salvenius's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi Nzgw,

Firstly, thank you for notifying us and looking out for us, it is appreciated but I should remind you that the game is rated M for Mature/PEGI 18. These ratings are always given out beforehand and placed visibly to make everyone aware that content may offend or not be appropriate for certain audiences. This also includes promotional material such as videos and interviews.

In terms of usage, the voice actor, Steve, used the word in question as more of a positive exclamation/excitement along with more of a joking, friendly tone.
     2 people found this helpful

Far Cry Primal not working in Uplay you idiots are worried about swearing in a Video

It real pisses me off that I can't play Far cry Primal because Uplay update was coded wrong with the Far Cry 5 pre buy.... Than the fools in charge are worried about swearing in a video more than fixing a game I paid for and played a year.

I game with glorified killing. I love Far cry, get head out of your *** people.