Thread: Keyboard and Mouse Become Unresponsive | Forums

Keyboard and Mouse Become Unresponsive

Hi, for the past week my mouse and keyboard stop responding for various amounts of time when I play Siege.

I just lose complete control of my character and am stuck moving in whichever direction I was going at the time unable to defend myself.

It happens quite a lot and only when I play Siege, I don't know what's causing it.

Here's a clip: https://gfycat.com/PlushVagueIguanodon

I walk towards the corner getting ready to prefire the windows but I lose control and get rekt. I get control just in time to get one shot off.

It doesn't always last that long and sometimes happens up to 3 times a round. It's making the game unplayable for me.

I've been playing since year 1 season 1 and have never had this problem before.

Any ideas what's wrong?
     3 people found this helpful

UbiSailorScout's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey there!
    Sorry to see this. Are your drivers for your peripherals up to date? I also recommend plugging your mouse and keyboard in a different USB port. Do you happen to have any other mouse and keyboards? I recommend testing those to see if its specific to the type of mouse and keyboard you are using. I also recommend verifying your game files (Depending if you purchased the game through Steam or Uplay).
    If none of that helps, please make a ticket with msinfo and dxdiag files attached and what kind of Mouse/Keyboard you are using. Thanks!

Originally Posted by UbiSailorScout Go to original post
    Hey there!
    Sorry to see this. Are your drivers for your peripherals up to date? I also recommend plugging your mouse and keyboard in a different USB port. Do you happen to have any other mouse and keyboards? I recommend testing those to see if its specific to the type of mouse and keyboard you are using. I also recommend verifying your game files (Depending if you purchased the game through Steam or Uplay).
    If none of that helps, please make a ticket with msinfo and dxdiag files attached and what kind of Mouse/Keyboard you are using. Thanks!
    Thanks. I've tried all that, even reinstalled the game.
    I don't think it's a problem with the peripherals because I've played other games and haven't encountered the problem there.
    Anyway I've submitted a support ticket, now I just have to wait and pray.

Same thing happening to me, but worse.

The same thing about unresponsive keyboard and mouse are happening to me too, but for longer and it usually occurs on the operator selection screen. I am unable to choose a character or can sometimes get it to respond within a second or two of the game starting and quickly snag an operator. I have updated my video card drivers, motherboard bios, USB controller interfaces, I have tried all different USB ports, verified game files on steam, and even bought a new mechanical keyboard, but the problem still occurs. The game is becoming unplayable and it is awful. I have searched all over the internet but no solutions have presented themselves. The problem Only occurs in Siege as well.

Have you found a fix?

please share if u found the fix for this, encountering same problem operator just slides to direction where i pressed even after i have released the key

Character just keeps sliding

I was given this game as an Xmas present so that I could play with my friends. Unfortunately it just drives me batty and them because I press W to walk and when I lift my finger from the key it just keeps rolling on straight into trouble. It does it when I crouch and in the situation games (not quite so bad)

I have checked all the stuff you suggested including sticky keys. Have a brand new Logitech G90 keyboard and a Theron wired mouse. Mouse not set to Hz that matchs wireless headphones. Reset to default. No luck. Just makes the game a misery to play.

Have you solved this problem

This has been happening to me since the white noise update. I also have done the possible solutions above and reinstalled multiple times with no result of a fix. I do Hope UBI will fix this in a hot fix or the next mid season patch. Please make this fix a priority,

LMG MOUNTED AND LOADED! <3

Same problem. Any fixes?