Why SOOOOOO Much Spam

Sorry, but this game is full of spam. Everywhere you turn there is Spam with characters. Actual characters that are nothing but spam. All day, everyday. Just getting boring to fight 4-5 characters and they all do the same sh*t over and over again. This game truly has potential to be a great game but is has been ruined by spam.
     1 people found this helpful

Well, all Characters have only 3 basic moves: Light, Heavy, GB. Then some special moves, but mostly not more than 1-2 per Character. Add in feint. That is the whole "depth" of the For Honor fight system and for me it is enough. Every "spammer" of only one move like only Light or Shove or Shieldbash is pretty vulnerable because there is always a counterplay to it. Right now there are only few moves that are unpunishable (e.g. Nobushi unlocked Sidewinder / Zone into Dash).
     1 people found this helpful

Ubisoft apparently has some serious problems with SPAM. Even their forum is 90% spam and 10% threads. Which is what the actual gameplay has been turned into: 90% light spam and 10% some engaging and interesting mechanics.

alustar24's Avatar Senior Member
    This kills me, like Charmz said, define spam please?

ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    The way I define spam, the same move, or cheesey move, repeated over and over again.

Yeah it can be annoying to deal with, but if someone is spamming over and over again, should you not know to expect them to continue to do so and react accordingly?

True, but.....

You can only dodge so many times. And when they do land the spam move, they get 1-2 hits out of it. Then you have to look for the quick follow up spam. So many things about this game make no sense. How some characters have moves that are near risk free and others have to claw for just 1 hit. Or if you fall from 15ft or get hit with water from the geyser you die, but get hit in the face with a mace/huge axe/sword/weapon and you are totally cool. Or even better, Shugoki 100% kill when almost dead. To me that is about the dumbest thing ever. Talk about wall splat. Gets old to fight somebody with the HP/armor of Shugoki only to have him kill you in 1 move because he parried me. Then the unbalanced players. Love the characters and graphics. Love the movement. But dear god wtf with everything else. I am really starting to think that Ubi doesn’t give a rats *** about the game and wants it dead. To me it is the most logical conclusion.

If you are able to dodge those "spam" moves - you can punish them with a GB (e.g. Bashes) or with a parry. No idea what you are talking about, seriously. Yes, Shugoki Wallsplat into Demon Embrace is annoying and I want it to be tweaked, too. But it does not break the game.

1 hit kills from geyser or falling down - does not break the game. Just stay away from geyser in that ONE map... Avoid ledges if you can.

Which moves you mean that are "near risk free"? Examples?

alustar24's Avatar Senior Member
    That problem steaks from the bulk of the roster being season 1 cast. I put a post up in season two that it felt like the two new heroes at the time had more fleshed out kits than the entire respective faction they belonged to. This problem is only compounded season by season.
    They are gong to be reworking the original cast section by section from the bottom up. The most I can say is, enjoy what you have available now, because everything we know is about to unravel.

Originally Posted by Dasteel1974 Go to original post
    Sorry, but this game is full of spam. Everywhere you turn there is Spam with characters. Actual characters that are nothing but spam. All day, everyday. Just getting boring to fight 4-5 characters and they all do the same sh*t over and over again. This game truly has potential to be a great game but is has been ruined by spam.
    We’ve being telling the devs this since launch.

What?????

Originally Posted by Charmzzz Go to original post
    If you are able to dodge those "spam" moves - you can punish them with a GB (e.g. Bashes) or with a parry. No idea what you are talking about, seriously. Yes, Shugoki Wallsplat into Demon Embrace is annoying and I want it to be tweaked, too. But it does not break the game.

1 hit kills from geyser or falling down - does not break the game. Just stay away from geyser in that ONE map... Avoid ledges if you can.

Which moves you mean that are "near risk free"? Examples?

Stay away from ledges and geysers? Yea. Because I have control over where my opponent goes and ledges are all over the place. Geysers take up pretty much half the board and several boards have a ledge that go all around it and depending on your opponent, nowhere is safe from being ledged. I don’t have a problem in them hurting you. But hot water shouldn’t kill you if a sword being stabbed through your head doesn’t. I shouldn’t have stand in a spot and refuse to fight away from certain things because the game is set up DAF in several ways. Also never said that they broke the game only pointed out the flaws of the setup. L If you don’t know the moves on here that are near risk free then you don’t need to try to tell me how to play.