Thread: Non-Hostile and Rogue exiting the Dark Zone | Forums

Non-Hostile and Rogue exiting the Dark Zone

While soloing some landmarks for the weekly LMB kills I experienced yet another group of 4 rogues chasing me (solo) through 2 DZ zones. I made it to the checkpoint exit and thought I was in the clear when of course one of them was able to hit me from half way down the street thus preventing me from leaving the zone. The other 3 weren't far behind, I was trapped at the door and the 4 of them made short work of me as one would expect.

This is of course complete and utter ******** that a rogue hitting a "non-hostile" should prevent the good "agent" from using the doors. One would think the JTF *******s on the other side would let you in. It is a mechanic abused daily by rogues. I see no reason a non hostile should not be allowed to escape if they can get to a checkpoint without dying.

The reverse of this of course is I believe that any agent that goes "Rogue" should not be allowed to leave the DZ until their rogue timer is gone. It would make no sense that the JTF would allow a rogue agent in the doors in the first place. It would also prevent people going rogue, getting in over their head and then running to the exit.
     11 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by USMC_Tallin Go to original post
    While soloing some landmarks for the weekly LMB kills I experienced yet another group of 4 rogues chasing me (solo) through 2 DZ zones. I made it to the checkpoint exit and thought I was in the clear when of course one of them was able to hit me from half way down the street thus preventing me from leaving the zone. The other 3 weren't far behind, I was trapped at the door and the 4 of them made short work of me as one would expect.

This is of course complete and utter ******** that a rogue hitting a "non-hostile" should prevent the good "agent" from using the doors. One would think the JTF *******s on the other side would let you in. It is a mechanic abused daily by rogues. I see no reason a non hostile should not be allowed to escape if they can get to a checkpoint without dying.

The reverse of this of course is I believe that any agent that goes "Rogue" should not be allowed to leave the DZ until their rogue timer is gone. It would make no sense that the JTF would allow a rogue agent in the doors in the first place. It would also prevent people going rogue, getting in over their head and then running to the exit.
    Yes, it's BS, hopefully it will change
     5 people found this helpful

willyvic's Avatar Moderator
    I agree.

WV
     5 people found this helpful

Working as intended. Ubi/Massive don't care about you being griefed by Rogues, because it makes more Rogues play the DZ.

This is a long-standing issue that they simply refuse to acknowledge as an issue at all (much like the issue of checkpoint camping). If you were able to escape, then the Rogues would be forced to stand around circle-jerking until the next solo player comes along.

The funny thing is to watch the SoTG's and see how proud they are of Rogue 2.0, when the most basic issues remain unresolved.

Solidus...'s Avatar Senior Member
    I see no reason a non hostile should not be allowed to escape if they can get to a checkpoint without dying.
    Imagine an multiple pvp when everyone who isn't rogue migrate in and out. Get out throw fire turret and then get in, or seekers and then get back in, something like that.

It will be in some way abused. Call ur situation as abuse is insignificant, compared to abuse which will cause ur suggestion.
     2 people found this helpful

I have to agree with the way its handled atm. Even though I dont like it. If Im being chased I never go to the exit unless I know Ive lost my tail. Better to die fighting or flee and hide imo.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by alibby53 Go to original post
    Yes, it's BS, hopefully it will change
    Hopefully it will remain unchanged because of all the abuse it will bring.

Rogue 2.0 is already very unfair so adding another layer of abuse for infinite ammo / medikit / grenade would be utter BS.

As long as the non-hostile hasn't taken any offensive action, they should be able to leave.

Originally Posted by OPN_tjmitchem Go to original post
    As long as the non-hostile hasn't taken any offensive action, they should be able to leave.
    I agree. I took no action against them until forced to at the door when it wouldn't open. They were just doing what all rogue groups do, hunting down solo players who had no intention of PvP to begin with to pad their stats.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Solidus... Go to original post
    Imagine an multiple pvp when everyone who isn't rogue migrate in and out. Get out throw fire turret and then get in, or seekers and then get back in, something like that.

It will be in some way abused. Call ur situation as abuse is insignificant, compared to abuse which will cause ur suggestion.
    Im sure they would find a way but what you mention cant happen as your skills blow up when you enter a safehouse.
     1 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►