Thread: 1.8 Skirmish | Forums

1.8 Skirmish

Any chances of looking into a better matchmaking for Skirmish, Either level or skill based ? For a person who wanted to try Skirmish and try to get better gear for it , so i at least have a chance. Can we get a fix on the Matchmaking so i don't have to go into a match with myself 3 other people under level 10 having to fight a team all 40+ and getting 20 - 0 sweeped ? Cause , that match honestly was a waste of time and in no way constructive on helping me want to play Skirmish ever again. Any chance we can get something looked into on this ?

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    lol, i keep seeing this, lots of people getting murdered 20-0. Im guessing this mode isnt going to be the savior i hoped the PvPers would get. Seems about right, Resistance isnt the savior I was hoping for on the PVE side.

First of all, the rank doesn't imply skill, merely a sense of experience in either skirmish or last stand.

I think it's just luck of the draw, if you matchmake against a 4 man squad VS 4 solo' s, chances are high you'll get destroyed. Even if that 4 man group has low level but decent understanding of tactics and team play.

Secondly, it's either poor matchmaking in this game or no matchmaking at all. Would you rather wait for 60 minutes and get a fair match, or wait ~30 seconds and get bad luck running into widdz and his friends?

In actuality Skirmish is for premade teams with build synergy to face other premade teams with build synergy, it’s not a que up randomly solo game mode, that’s what last stand is for.

If you que for skirmish solo, you’re playing Russian roulette.

Skirmish is “high level” pvp (within the game of course)

The sooner people realize this, the better off the ques will be.

moesuvious's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Drega_D_Dragon Go to original post
    In actuality Skirmish is for premade teams with build synergy to face other premade teams with build synergy, it’s not a que up randomly solo game mode, that’s what last stand is for.

Skirmish is “high level” pvp (within the game of course)
    Thats what i would think, its going to be ruled by teams going in as teams with a plan and the others will be murdered by them. With that being said, how the heck are these people not even getting one kill? I can understand it not being close in some matches or most matches but dang, i think id get lucky at least once and kill someone. Take a sniper in there or something, do something. If I ever got beat 20-0 it would be the last time i can guarantee you that. Maybe ill go in as a solo on a match tonight so i can feel the pain just to say ive done it, i otherwise have zero interest in PVP in this game as i like to use Skill builds and we all know those are now deemed irrelevant for PVP but tonight, someone will face my sniper and ill be darned if i get shutout. If i do, i may or may not admit it tomorrow.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    Thats what i would think, its going to be ruled by teams going in as teams with a plan and the others will be murdered by them. With that being said, how the heck are these people not even getting one kill? I can understand it not being close in some matches or most matches but dang, i think id get lucky at least once and kill someone. Take a sniper in there or something, do something. If I ever got beat 20-0 it would be the last time i can guarantee you that. Maybe ill go in as a solo on a match tonight so i can feel the pain just to say ive done it, i otherwise have zero interest in PVP in this game as i like to use Skill builds and we all know those are now deemed irrelevant for PVP but tonight, someone will face my sniper and ill be darned if i get shutout. If i do, i may or may not admit it tomorrow.
    Because premades are usually on voice comms and focus fire one person (with grp lead calling out the target) at a time and their healer will also be keeping a good eye on their teams health as well as responding to a comms request for a heal. Any one deemed to be the biggest threat - you for example - will just get focus fired.

I've played plenty of PVP in games over the years and premades in a solo que system just drive away the solo peeps eventually. They need to offer a grp que system as also the other side of the coin with the good premade teams they are not interested in stomping a grp of randoms as there's no challenge in that. They want to fight another guild/clan team. The groups that don't and like stomping randoms game after game are no better than the guys who 4 v 1 people in the DZ - lame. We use to call it seal clubbing in the lower ranks in some of the games I've played.

I agree with Gweadobane.

This game uses matchmaking for DZ, LZ, Incursions, Missions, UG, LS, survival and now skirmish. Most of these matchmakers allow for different levels and/or directives.

To have a big enough pool to search in you need to have the playerbase to support that. And keep in mind location plays it's role too.

In an ideal world, you insert your preferred settings in a matchmaker and find matches within seconds, but every setting you apply cuts the search pool in half.

(I'm look at you, underground )

Corrupt_be's Avatar Senior Member
    The problems imo vs Last Stand:

• Lack of objectives makes a dedicated 4 man group stronger: Nothing is splitting them up, they're a mean green healing tank
    • The 8 man teams in LS allowed for combinations of solo's + groups, smaller groups, ... this balanced things out a bit

I think it would be wise at this stage to make Last Stand FREE and rework some of the maps to make it less of a running marathon.

Originally Posted by moesuvious Go to original post
    just lack of experience and over committing by three teams mixed with maybe bad builds, me n my guys shut out a couple rounds, I think 5 out of our 30 or so. Though 2,3 of the members are the type of player that have best scores of 50-80k in last stand, just a scope of the team we put together. Dz manhunt regulars, last stand top scores type of people, there’s been some games when I qued solo I’d go 17-2, 15-3, 6-6, 5,6

Skirmish meta though is premade target calling, teamwork OP especially when team is selfless with the medkits & have combat medic on, that’s 20med kits between 4 people

I wanna thank you guys for not flaming my thread , It rare that you get a civil discussion. Personally i don't mind waiting for a "Fair" Match , And maybe they could put in a Solo and Group option for ques like how Survival has.