Thread: Stuck at "press any key" screen | Forums

MayorDosenbrot's Avatar Junior Member

Stuck at "press any key" screen

Hello there,

When I start the game all is going fine until I get to the screen where you should press a key to get into the main menu. But for some reason it doenst register any action I take. Even trying to alt+f4 my way out of the game doesn't work. I can open the uplay client while im stuck at this screen, but i can't click on anything at it.

The weird thing is that sometimes the game does work, but that happens like 1 time out of 8. It just really frustrating since the game itself is really fun, but this bug just crushes my motivation.

My specs:
    Core: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
    GTX 970
    26 RAM
    Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit

Hoping to find a quick solution for this. Thanks in advance.

ai_ab's Avatar Member
    Do you use other USB controller devices than a keyboard and mouse (e.g. controller, joystick, throttle, rudder pedals)?

I have no USB controller devices or anything like that, only two Internet sticks in the USB ports besides keyboard and mouse.

UbiquitousLuke's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey MayorDosenbrot, thanks for reaching out about this! We're sorry to see you're having this frustrating experience. Checking your system specifications against our system requirements for ACO is a great first step that you can follow up by performing a cache clear; deleting browser history and cookies. You can next utilize the steps listed on our general PC troubleshooting FAQ to exhaust typical performance issues and follow that up with also seeing what you get when you run a different browser. Finally, if you're not having any luck you will want to create a ticket with our support team to be walked through the matter.

WildWizard's Avatar Junior Member

Rapid flashing curser on 'Press any Key' Screen

I have the same issue as the OP however the curser is rapidly flashing and will not move. There is no responce to any key press, I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL to get out. When I load task manager my 1080ti is at 100% usage. I havent even played the game yet!

My specs:

i7 6700k
    32Gb DDR4
    1080ti (latest drivers)
    1tb 850 Evo SSD

I somewhat found a temporary fix for this; you need to start the game in a window, then it will always register your action. After then you can enter to fullscreen again and everything works fine, Seems like this bug only occurs when I start the game in fullscreen.