Why is the first person aim slow?

The first person aim with 100 percent sensitivity seems like is to slow compared to other games and is made so people cant track targets quickly with it . It needs to be more fluid . This is on ps4

Seconded, I can't believe how slow it is compared to other games.

I've replied to many threads in regards to the aim sensitivity/function.

The PVP aiming needs major improvement.
     2 people found this helpful

D-from-Oxford's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ShadowGOD200 Go to original post
    I've replied to many threads in regards to the aim sensitivity/function.

The PVP aiming needs major improvement.
    Ditto.

Agreed.

Regards, John Waters

Ubi-Iudex's Avatar Community Representative
    There does appear to be a good amount of interest pertaining to adjusting aim sensitivity. Going to get this re-mentioned over to the team and let you all know what I hear back!

There is an adjustment for this in the options. I have mine set to something between 35-40. also changing which shoulder your looking over can adjust for lead shots when engaged in CQB. It helped me when I thought about how slow ADS is.

There's a setting for that in the options. The REAL problem is input lag. Most people somehow don't notice it how badly it's affecting their gameplay. There is a noticeable delay from the time you press a button on your controller to the time your character performs the action on screen. You can test this yourself simply by paying attention to it.

Tap R1 quickly to fire one round.

Notice that your finger is already well off of the R1 button before your character actually fires his weapon.

There is almost a half-second delay. This delay is present on ALL controller input in-game. So every time you need to react quickly to something (whether it's sniping someone, moving behind cover, maneuvering during a gunfight, etc) you are always at a half-second disadvantage. This is a huge amount of input lag compared to other games and it's my #1 complaint with the game. I and others have posted about it here and on Twitter and so far I have not seen or heard of anyone from Ubisoft acknowledging this issue. It's like they know it's there but don't want to admit it.

This is on PS4 by the way.
     1 people found this helpful

I actually created a video I posted here about a month ago on this subject, linked below. I compared Ghost Recon's exceptionally poor aiming programming with Halo 5's high quality aiming programming. Not only is the max sensitivity setting (100%) exceptionally slow in Ghost Recon- the slowest look speed when your sensitivity is 100% is not even slow, making it difficult to pull off shots at a long distance.

This makes no sensitivity setting in the game actually useful- if it's set to low, you can't turn quickly worth sh*t, and if it's high, you can't shoot someone far away worth sh*t. Here's the video with all the relevant clips proving my point.

The whole video was taken using the max sensitivity in both games to demonstrate how terrible Ghost Recon has programmed sensitivity. In Halo 5, the maximum sensitivity setting is 10 vertical and 10 horizontal, and Ghost Recon it's 100% Turn and Aim speed (I forget their actually names in the options).

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x64mgu7

Essentially, Halo 5 has a much wider range of possible look speeds at the highest sensitivity setting compared to Ghost Recon, making it much more fluid and easy to use. I've played a number of different shooters recently (Battlefield 1, Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered, Call of Duty WW2, Halo MCC), and they all have far superior shooting mechanics to Ghost Recon Wildlands.
     1 people found this helpful