Thread: R6 Community Discusses - Operator Tweaks | Forums

Ubi-Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses - Operator Tweaks

Hello, welcome back to "R6 Community Discusses"!

The goal of this series is to open conversation on specific topics so players can share their feedback, suggestions, and share tips&strategies with their fellow players. We encourage newer players to ask questions and for our more experienced users to offer whatever advice they can on the subject. Any posts that detract from the discussion, target other users specifically, or are offensive in general will be removed.

This week we'll be discussing Operator Tweaks

So, here's the scenario:

You're sitting on your computer/PS4/Xbox and you're looking at the operator selection screen, thinking about which operator you want to play in your next match.
    Suddenly, your phone starts ringing, it's Epi. He tells you that 1 operator will be getting a buff and 1 operator will be getting a nerf, but the "who" and "how" are up to you.

1.) Which operator would you tweak for a buff? How would you go about changing this operator?

2.) Which operator would you tweak for a nerf? How would you go about changing this operator?

3.) With your changed operators, do you think the balance of the game overall has shifted towards attacker/defender side?

Support your suggestions and try to persuade (the fictional) Epi. I'd also love to see some feedback from you guys on other users' ideas as well, but let's make sure to keep it civil.

And as always, if you'd like to join any of our previous discussions, you can do so HERE.

How about tweaking Tachanka so that his turret can be used remotely via his phon?

blitz and many more

how about a buff to blitz hitbox too many time when I ads is get head shot to easy not everyone that play this game are expert marksman and just when I'm facing straight at someone they are able to shoot me thru the shield I had quite a few clips of this happening to me I know some people try to say that he's op but many ops have c4 that can deal with him I just feel bitter whenever I flash someone and they kill me with blind fire thru my shield while I'm crouching its already bad that his flash is hit or miss its like playing the lottery
     2 people found this helpful

Quickly top of my head

Buff
    Castle
    Making the armor panel slightly more durable (immune to Fuze, 2 sledge hits, explosive resistance)

Nerf
    Ela
    Minus 20 bullets on her magazine
    And plus 1 mine

Balance vice shouldn't be that much of a change
     1 people found this helpful

Make tachanka not useless. Let him place his LMG where he wants and not force it to have a whole football stadium of room around it to be able to placed down. How are you supposed to hold down a position with it when you're forced to place it in spots that leave him wide open or spots that DO have cover to use but obscure your vision to the point where you can't even see people peeking their heads from the bottom of the door
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post

1.) Which operator would you tweak for a buff? How would you go about changing this operator?

2.) Which operator would you tweak for a nerf? How would you go about changing this operator?

3.) With your changed operators, do you think the balance of the game overall has shifted towards attacker/defender side?
    1.) It would have to be Castle, who has a woefully low pickrate in the game. One immediate change I would apply is making him able to deploy his armor panels over wooden barricades. One of they key problems with Castle is that he is a massive attacker magnet, meaning any attacker with the ability to take down his barricade in one well swoop is bound to do this.

If Castle could place his armor panels over wooden barricades, a chance to successfully deceive an enemy looking at the objective room's doors and windows would exist. Someone looking at an objective's outside entry points will always be drawn to the Castle panels. If they were to see wooden barricades, with the armor panels deployed over them for concealment's sake, it would be a much different story.

Imagine a scenario where the attackers are running out of time, as you have successfully held them off for a good while. But oh no! You're the last one alive inside this Castle barricaded room! Two attackers start rushing towards a set of two windows (both armor paneled over a wooden barricade). One of them starts firing in to the barricade in the hopes of breaking it open, but surprise! It's an armor panel. In a sheer fit of panic to try and reach the objective room in time, instead of trying to blow the armor panel up due to the fear of it not being a method fast enough, they try and go for the other window and gun it down. Yup, that was armor paneled too - time has ran out.

Now that scenario is awfully specific and probably won't hold true in every match. What might do however is the very possible scenario where enemy preachers simply ignore your windows and doors that at first glance look to be barricaded with wood, and go use their breaches on something else. Then when the round progresses and they run in to your concealed armor panels, they would be in quite the pickle indeed.

2.) Ela. At first I hated the Grzmot mines, and how they slow down your mouse DPI when triggered. Now though, after having to have played through an entire season against her, I can see that it is very necessary for those concussion mines (including Zofia's) to have such crippling effects, in order to pose a real threat to attackers when a defender is nearby to hear them go off.

It's that ****ing gun. It's that Skorpion EVO A1. Here's a quick summary of the weapon's characteristics:

- 50 round magazines
    - 1070 RPM
    - 28 dmg per shot
    - 499.33 damage per second (Second highest out of defender weapons, with Jäger´s 416-C first at ~530. To calculate DPS of a weapon you do: Damage*RPM / 60)
    - Tight bullet groupings (aka high accuracy)
    - Low recoil

There is nothing bad about the gun. It checks well all across the board, which in practice is unbalanced. This in combination of an extremely maneuverable operator and you have what a lot of people are already calling "The Defender Ash".

Now, what would I do to tweak her Skorpion? Here's a few ideas (only one of these nerfs would ever be applied in my imagination):

- Reduce the magazine size to 20-30 and increase the weapon's bullet spread past medium ranges.
    - Reduce the dmg per shot to 18-23 (look at Mira's Vector .45 SMG to see where I'm going at with this) and increase the weapon's recoil heftily.
    - Reduce the magazine size to 30 and dmg per shot to 18-23.

Obviously I have never had to decide over tweaks because I'm not a developer, these things are just things off the top of my head. General message stands, however: Skorpion EVO A1 has nothing bad going on for it; it is too good right now.

3.) With the Castle tweak there is still a chunk of chance that will be rolled in to the mix, to see if a breacher decides to fire something explosive at what looks to be a wooden barricade. I don't think this change would be a gameplay changer like Mira's Mirror was.

With Ela? Certainly a much more fun time to play against her. No longer would you be getting killed by a stupidly overpowered primary that does everything really well, but rather a primary with its strengths and weaknesses. There's always the 3-speed discussion to be had, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Quote anything from this post and ask away, if anyone has anything to ask about my hypothetical tweaks (and sorry for any typos, I was too lazy to spellcheck this post).
     1 people found this helpful

It's impossible to really point out singular operators for change. I've recently found the game to be so incredibly dull that I've lost motivation to play, even with this new content patch. I looked at the patch notes and basically saw no mention of an Ela nerf, no mention of a Ying buff, no mention of any balancing or even just gameplay changes in general. Seeing that I basically just see operation white noise as just another blood orchid, a short breath of fresh air from a can, followed by the same old used up smog we've been breathing for the whole of season two. It's great that you guys are making lots of technical changes, but as you're patching holes here, the old designs you've kept neglecting are crumbling from abuse and age.
    I've become jaded over this game, and it's doubly frustrating because you see the worlds biggest two competitive games get yearly overhauls, while siege gets almost none of that. I understand that the size, design and development process of Siege is drastically different to those mentioned games, but it still leaves me with bitter envy.

Rant aside, I really just wanna see some secondary gadget shuffling and further fine tuning. Your pick rate statistics are very telling of a troubled story and Ubi knows this without a doubt. If you don't mind I'll quickly go through every operator I'd like changes to, even if they aren't the biggest change, little changes are much more interesting than no change at all.

Ela - Scorpion EVO is an smg-11 with 3x the mag size and better recoil. Headshot machine with the dps and mag size to not be penalised if you don't headshot. Even post-nerf it's bat**** insane. Seriously...
    Jackal - Swap smoke with flashbang, PWD9 fire rate goes up to differentiate itself more from the C7E
    Hibana - swap Claymore for Breach Charge, if she's a more offensive thermite alternative then she should be less able to defend her butt from flanks.
    Ying - T-95 high recoil means bad medium-long range, low dps means bad close range. Don't give the weapon both. Recoil reduction or recoil reset should be buffed imo. ADS shouldn't zap entire candela.
    Echo - yokai resistant or immune to explosive damage entirely, slightly faster animation in/out of cam/yokai.
    Tachanka - Shield is a one way mirror (same glass as Mira's but not bulletproof), turret doesn't flip up when not in use so under the right conditions attackers don't know if the turret is maned. Slight shield hp buff, make different segments of glass break separately.
    IQ - don't need to swap to secondary to deploy scanner, can't shoot primary with scanner deployed. Can swap to sidearm simultaneously as scanner is deployed. Slightly faster scanner deploy, no scanner deploy noise.
    Blackbeard - swap flashbangs for claymore.
    Thatcher - EMP grenade has greater range in areas with no obstacles. If thrown in a hallway it will penetrate the walls as normal, but will go up and down the hallway an extra 4-5 meters.
    Buck - used to think C8 recoil was ok, but now think that the weapon should begin to stabilise a little after spraying your 10th+ bullet to help with times when waiting for recoil reset would take too long and not firing could get you killed.
    Glaz - OTs-03 more damage, slightly more recoil so the gun isn't so boring, no more seeing through smoke. Still the perfect long distance fragger but not so mind numbingly boring and unfair. Swap claymore for flashbang since the claymore is totally out of place.
    Fuze - Swap smoke for flashbang, reduce sub-grenade bounciness
    Smoke - SMG-11 ammo back down to 48, gun was much more interesting in this state.
    Bandit - swap c4 for impact grenade (see how it pans out, can't be nearly as cancerous as Ela)
    Blitz - Swap smoke grenade for flashbangs (memes, also i think Blitz is too good of a bomb planter)
    Slege - Makes a very audible noise when sledging metal including barricaded walls
    Doc - can revive downed operators by hand as normal but sets their health to 60-80ish OR sets health to 50-60 with a small regeneration bonus, reduce healing of stim to 30, but self-revive no longer costs a stim. Just shuffle it around abit to add some more depth.
    Castle - Barricades break like soft walls, so a sledge will only break the majority of it and will leave a strip remaining. Grenades no longer entirely break the barricade but just a section near the explosion.

This post probably looks pretentious but it'd be really nice if they actually freshened up the game more than the little bit we've been getting through all of season 2.
     6 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by pyrokov Go to original post
    It's impossible to really point out singular operators for change. I've recently found the game to be so incredibly dull that I've lost motivation to play, even with this new content patch. I looked at the patch notes and basically saw no mention of an Ela nerf, no mention of a Ying buff, no mention of any balancing or even just gameplay changes in general. Seeing that I basically just see operation white noise as just another blood orchid, a short breath of fresh air from a can, followed by the same old used up smog we've been breathing for the whole of season two. It's great that you guys are making lots of technical changes, but as you're patching holes here, the old designs you've kept neglecting are crumbling from abuse and age.
    I've become jaded over this game, and it's doubly frustrating because you see the worlds biggest two competitive games get yearly overhauls, while siege gets almost none of that. I understand that the size, design and development process of Siege is drastically different to those mentioned games, but it still leaves me with bitter envy.

This post probably looks pretentious but it'd be really nice if they actually freshened up the game more than the little bit we've been getting through all of season 2.
    This is a beautiful rendition of my own feelings. I'm certainly a fan but I've stopped playing because the game has become uncomfortably stale.

On topic, I think Castle is due for a mild buff. It doesn't have to make him competitive but there's a lot that could be done that would improve lower rank matches without unbalancing him.
    1) I think that a loud one-second warning would be a better Fuze counter than blocking off Fuze entirely.
    -1A) It would still make a hole, something that could be leveraged by both teams.
    -1B) It would still allow the room to be Fuzed, blowing up walls and gadgets.
    -1C) It would make standing by a Castle-barricaded spot a smarter move instead of a false hope.
    -1D) Lots of new players assume that a Castle barricade offers some decent protection. If it gives them a warning instead of doing nothing then it provides an easily learned depth instead of the simple death it does now.
    -1E) This second delay can act as a distraction in specific scenarios. The response to Fuze's gadget is currently only to flee or attempt to shoot it out. The noisy delay will make it more feasible to shoot out, meaning that players are more likely to face towards it and attempt shooting it.
    -1F) Blocking Fuze entirely would make Castle's gadget too safe. I don't want to shift the balance too far towards the defenders, ESPECIALLY with the new mine characters in the game.

2) Ela. Her current setup is like literally having an Ash, a character who runs fast and has a rifle with an exceptionally fast kill time, on the Defenders' team. Her mines are alright but may need some tweaking too.
    -2A) All of her mines, sans the one she holds when downed, should have an increase in the time it takes to deploy them when stuck to a wall. They currently act like stun grenades instead of traps. This would be a slight nerf to people who use Ela as a roamer but have no or little effect on strategic use.
    -2B) Ela's mines should not stun you through walls when triggered. This causes confusion in tense situations and doesn't make sense.
    -2C) Ela needs a nerf on either her gun or her speed. It doesn't need to be both, I believe that would be too far. I suggest her gun.

3) I think the Ela nerf would do more to balance the character instead of shifting the balance very much. The Castle buff I proposed could make him OP in high-level play however. I know that right now there are skilled players that can shoot out a Fuze charge before it even drops a shot, or before it drops more than one/two pucks. Using Castle would lower the skill ceiling for that trick and make it more common. I still believe it's a worthwhile change.
     2 people found this helpful

Dokkaebi- being she can hack the phones twice against defenders in the round... defenders should be able to discard their phone to use as a decoy that vibrates. The trade off is that they no longer have access to the cams. Possibly add a ringtone.
     3 people found this helpful

1) Vigil Buff : Ability is to be invisible to camera but then this is completely contradicted by the massive logo that appears on cameras, so you get a generalised location of where he is. Possibly remove camera notification or changes it less noticeable blips every 2-3 seconds if he stays in front of camera for a while

2. Castle Buff
    Weapons are sub par and ability is only really useful if used in conjunction with mute, possibly add another reinforced wall so that he will have higher pick rate
     3 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►