DrShakez's Avatar Member

A Couple New Maps + Are You Waiting to Make New Maps?

More people probably view this board than the FC4 board, but I just posted about a couple new maps I made over there. If you're on PC, check em out!

As I start to make my next map, I'm torn on whether I should just wait for FC5 or not. We're so close at this point that it has me wondering, how many of you are holding back a map idea purely because you want to make it on 5 instead?

Personally, I'll probably finish this one last map as a sort of trial run. Then my first map on 5 will be an improved remake of it.

Don't stop mapping now, fc5 is still months away, and who knows of it'll release on time?

Keep your skills up!

Btw, show off your maps in the battlemap.net database!

Alpha_sgt_14's Avatar Member
    I just plan to finish my inner sanctum map- yea the one that's been unreleased for like 2 years haha. I just want that fc5 editor man. I can't wait to get my hands on it just to start editing. Only 3 months- fingers crossed! I have a lot of cool ideas tho
     2 people found this helpful

DrShakez's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by akilyoung Go to original post
    and who knows of it'll release on time?
    Woah, lets not jinx anything, I'm impatient enough already!

Originally Posted by Alpha_sgt_14 Go to original post
    I just plan to finish my inner sanctum map- yea the one that's been unreleased for like 2 years haha. I just want that fc5 editor man. I can't wait to get my hands on it just to start editing. Only 3 months- fingers crossed! I have a lot of cool ideas tho
    Oh man, you better hope they don't add too much or you'll be spending a decade on your next map.

Your maps look great Mastershakez! Not bad at all after a long hiatus.

Alpha_sgt_14's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by mastershakez Go to original post
    Oh man, you better hope they don't add too much or you'll be spending a decade on your next map.
    If the editor is mainly focused around multiplayer maps I would be able to pump the maps out a lot faster. It's these singleplayer mission styled maps I get all hung over about. . I promise not to take longer than a month on each map. Since I have a bit more time and also since the community is coming back I'll have the motivation to really get more out there.

I've been waiting to make maps since spending 60 hours on a map I was SO proud of in FC3 just to find out it was essentially impossible to play. Pissed me off so much it Kickstarted my ubisoft boycott which I regrettably lifted with the announcement of FC5s editor. Since then it's been business as usual for ubi

Steve64b's Avatar Senior Member
    I am really wondering what FC5 will be doing with the map editor. The adblurb seems to hint that there will be PvP multiplayer maps. If they focused more on that and paid no attention to the SP/coop side of things, I may even stick to FC4 I guess... Unless I can somehow get into multiplayer, but I've never really been a fan of DM based game modes.