Thread: Unable To Play From China - Persistent Disconnection | Forums

Unable To Play From China - Persistent Disconnection

Hey all,

R6 has run great for me back in The States, however now that I'm in China, I can't seem to get any game time. 80% of the time when I launch the game, I am notified that I am unable to connect to the servers. If I persist for 10-15 minutes more, the servers will eventually connect, and I can find a game relatively fast. In game, I have pretty good ping (never more than 70), and the gameplay is smooth. However after another 15-20 minutes, the game inevitably drops me, again informing me the servers failed to connect.

My internet does not drop while playing other games, and I have a fairly stable connection. It seems that my client receives connection from the Ubi servers in regular waves. If it helps at all, I'll also add that even when my ping is great, it takes at least 30-45 seconds for specific loadout items to be displayed. This means that I cannot modify my loadout while in a match, since there isn't enough time during the loadout selection phase to do so.

Is this a known issue? Are there any steps I can take to correct this? I really appreciate everyone's help and insight.

I started the game back in the states and now am at China too. It happened occasionally but not always. Check your data center, you can easily get a match if you are on "eas", but expect no communication in English. I usually play on seas server, and match making is not that slow, nor do I have dc problems all the time.

It could be your VPN, if you are using one.

Originally Posted by SUC_MY_DIC Go to original post
    I started the game back in the states and now am at China too. It happened occasionally but not always. Check your data center, you can easily get a match if you are on "eas", but expect no communication in English. I usually play on seas server, and match making is not that slow, nor do I have dc problems all the time.

It could be your VPN, if you are using one.
    Thanks for the insight! I am indeed attempting to play on SEAS, and when the connection is made, I get great ping. I am not using my VPN at all when playing the game. It's deactivated, so should have no effect on my default China connection, right? I haven't tried with the VPN on as VPNs rarely have positive effects on internet stability.

Ubi-Trippn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi,
    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing connectivity issues in Rainbow Six: Siege.
    Can you please try the troubleshooting steps in the link Here.

If the issue persists, could you please submit a support ticket on our support site with a description of your issue and attach an image of your port settings on your router and our Customer Support team will investigate this further for you.*

The only time I had problem before the white noise update was when I had multiple devices connected to the wifi. I do know one of my friend playing with VPN in China because he's using a slow campus wifi. As long as you pay for your own internet, that shouldn't be an issue. If you are not using VPN, then check your anti-virus, don't use avast. Other than that, good luck!