Thread: ati radeon 9600xt vpu recover error | Forums

amd64 3200
    gigabyte k8npro MB
    768mb ddr333
    audigy2 zs
    ati radeon 9600xt
    winXP home edition
    6 fans to defend against heat and no over clocking except ati control panel OC run off 500w power supply

up to date MB drivers and 4.4 cat game runs super smooth, But randomly will freeze with sound still running, then i will get a vpu recover error and game will still be able to continue. Curious as too wht would cause this. I usually have mirc running in back ground think that would cause it to crash?

amd64 3200
    gigabyte k8npro MB
    768mb ddr333
    audigy2 zs
    ati radeon 9600xt
    winXP home edition
    6 fans to defend against heat and no over clocking except ati control panel OC run off 500w power supply

up to date MB drivers and 4.4 cat game runs super smooth, But randomly will freeze with sound still running, then i will get a vpu recover error and game will still be able to continue. Curious as too wht would cause this. I usually have mirc running in back ground think that would cause it to crash?

It is the OverDrive causing the problem, not Far Cry. When I first got my 9600xt I tried it out and got a VPU recovery within 5 minutes playing Desert Combat(bf1942 mod).

It is such a minimal increase anyway, it's kind of useless, disable it.

i got a 9200 128mb and i got vpu recover everytime i tried starting the game up on one level... but i could still run the game fine and it loaded up without teh recover on all the other maps

max... dearest of all my friends!