Thread: Assassin's Creed Origins: Performance Configurations | Forums

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative

Assassin's Creed Origins: Performance Configurations

We closely monitor your feedback and are actively investigating each case brought to our attention so far. Due to the varying setups of PC rigs, we need to assess them individually.

We’ve been asked for a reference as to what hardware you would need to run the game in around 60fps. Below are two configurations of hardware we have used as a benchmark for running the game at 1080p or 1440p.

Hardware of this level or higher is required to meet this performance, however, a combination of these will provide different results. Please also note that your type of PC components should not range too far from each other. For example, if you have a GTX980 but using a processor that is lower than the recommended, you will most likely not be able to meet 60 FPS. We encourage you to reach out to Customer Support and provide us with as much detail as you can such as PC configuration details and dxdiag information.

We will continue to deliver updates whenever the learnings from a specific case can be valuable to everyone.
     2 people found this helpful

Rydik4815's Avatar Junior Member
    So, this is Ubi answer to CPU problems, now for 60 Fps in 1080p we need I76700k+?! What a joke! I'm done with this! First denying problems caused by themselves and failing to give any solutions and now this...
    This was last time I bought anything from Ubisoft...
    Ah, one more thing, this configuration mentioned above can't provide stable 60 Fps, more something like 40... Why? Because CPU still on 100%+ bottlenecking video cards...
     16 people found this helpful

RootMaster1's Avatar Junior Member
    LOL!

A XBox One X with a CPU with 2,3 Ghz and 6Tflops GPU can make 60 FPS, but a PC with 4c/8t 4,4 Ghz (i7-4790k) and a GPU with 6,6Tflops (GTX 1070) dont can?

Whats the different? I can tell you, the 4 DRMs in Game (Uplay+Steam+Denuvo+VMP)! Go Ubisoft, and Fix the too high CPU-Usage....
     11 people found this helpful

vannisilvante's Avatar Junior Member
    Yeah, the failure by Ubisoft to acknowledge their mistake and fix it is why I'm probably never buying another Ubisoft game. They keep doubling down on DRM ******** that does not stop piracy and only hurts paying customers. Get your **** together Ubi.
     9 people found this helpful

BOolMaster93's Avatar Junior Member
    Black_Widow9

Hi, why do we get this important information now and not days before the availability of the game ?
    Do you think that what you are doing for now is fair for customers ?
    You say nothing and you don't acknowledge the problem that a lot of players have with their CPU. Then you decide after a brainstorming to tell us that more then 50% of owners can't run your game in 1080p and 60 fps because CPU's are too much old. I think you forgot that we all pay your salary.

I think that you knew before the game launch that there were problems with CPU's with less then 8 cores. The problem is that you mainly developed on consoles. That's why PC owners with a 8 cores CPU can run the game without any problems. Maybe Denuvo and VMProtect are not the main problem....the game is just not optimized for CPU's with less then 8 cores because you were lazy or you had no time when you were making the PC version. The game we have is just like a copy/paste of the console version. Now you have to optimize for each processor with less then 8 cores... I hope.

Anyway it's the last time a buy one of your games (even on consoles). I hope others like me will follow to teach you that customers are kings... or is everything done on purpose ?

Bye bye <3
     8 people found this helpful

UbiJurassic's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by vannisilvante Go to original post
    Yeah, the failure by Ubisoft to acknowledge their mistake and fix it is why I'm probably never buying another Ubisoft game. They keep doubling down on DRM ******** that does not stop piracy and only hurts paying customers. Get your **** together Ubi.
    If you are having issues with high CPU usage, we are actively looking to assist players and encourage you to contact our support team by providing your system information and game files. This allows us to document the information, which enables the team to investigate as thoroughly as possible.

JO5HY910's Avatar Junior Member
    Is there going to be any work put into optimising the CPU usage? I understand that beefier cards are needed to reach 60fps but the game clearly has a flaw with how it's running. Whether you run the game on the lowest settings or the highest the CPU is under extreme stress and that just shouldn't be the case.
     1 people found this helpful

Razrback16's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by UbiJurassic Go to original post
    If you are having issues with high CPU usage, we are actively looking to assist players and encourage you to contact our support team by providing your system information and game files. This allows us to document the information, which enables the team to investigate as thoroughly as possible.
    Something that might be helpful here just for discussions' sake - what is different specifically between the PC and console versions? Is it just the additions of Denuvo + VMProtect on the PC version or are there other differences as well that would impact performance? I won't be able to test the game myself until the SLI profile is released, but from the varying reports I'm seeing on both Ubi's forums and Steam forums, plenty of folks with 6000 and 7000 series i7 CPUs are seeing crazy high CPU utilization even on lower settings and resolutions - you said on the Steam forums that your testing indicates the DRM is not causing the high CPU utilization, so what else could it be? It's certainly not the game itself or the console versions would be having the same issues and that leads me to the big question -

The thing that's causing the big hang up here for most people is this - the CPU and GPU in the consoles are light years behind even mainstream gaming rig PCs these days, so if they can "manage" a struggling 30fps with their ultra low end hardware, then gaming rig PCs that have significantly more powerful processors, GPUs, and memory capacities should be able to handle the same resolution at MUCH higher framerates without issue as well as at much higher image quality, yet people are seeing extraordinarily high CPU utilization at aforementioned similar resolutions, and this is leading to inconsistent or just outright low framerates, creating bottlenecks that prevent the CPU from feeding the GPU as needed. SOMETHING is eating excessive CPU on the PC version that doesn't seem to be there on the console version.

Thanks in advance.
     7 people found this helpful

Ango11.'s Avatar Junior Member
    Guys it is pretty obvious something is VERY VERY wrong with the CPU utilization. You have 100% GPU and 100% CPU usage in the MENU!!!! Before loading anything, so you need 100% of your machine to load and sit idle in the menu??? Also the difference between all settings to very low and high preset is 2 FPS, so yea something is very wrong. Until anyone from UbiSoft can realistically explain why a menu with 6 buttons need 100% utilization of the whole machine, there is nothing more to say.

Its seems to me that Ubi management are so bad that they can't understand those issues, and leave the support people on the battlefield to die and take all the anger.
    For a player who have all the AC games (some 2-3 times in multiple platforms), for the next AC i will get the "torrent edition"
     11 people found this helpful

Nubbs008's Avatar Junior Member

Unbelievable

So you guys put on steam and uplay the following specs:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM:
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    Processor: Intel Core i5-2400s @ 2.5 GHz or AMD FX-6350 @ 3.9 GHz or equivalent
    Memory: 6 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD R9 270 (2048 MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    DirectX: Version 11
    Storage: 42 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Video Preset: Lowest (720p)

RECOMMENDED:
    OS: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 (64-bit versions only)
    Processor: Intel Core i7- 3770 @ 3.5 GHz or AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 GHz
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 or AMD R9 280X (3GB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0 or better)
    Storage: 42 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Video Preset: High (1080p) <<< "This being the most important part"

So you lied to get more sales, you knew people needed a lot better computers to run the game at good settings at 60 fps on 1080p.So you're telling all of us to go out and buy an i7-6700k and a GTX 980-1070 8gb vram card for approx $1500 just to play your game?? How about you guys put the correct specs on STEAM AND UPLAY and stop lying to everyone. Fix your game and patch it already, there should be no reason this is happening.

Uplay+Steam+VMProtect+Denuvo all running at the same time is absolute BULL, why should we need to spend over $1000 more dollars on a game just because you guys are too "Scared" of the game getting pirated. Seriously, get rid of your anti-cheat garbage or find a way the players can toggle them off while in a legit version of the game. This is unacceptable.

Maybe take on some people from WB and CDPROJEKT RED, because they can actually optimize their products properly.

***There is absolutely no reason a Xbox 1 and a Ps4 can run the game just fine, and my PC which is $2000 more dollars cannot***. Absolute bull.

Btw, you just copied and pasted the specs from Syndicate. Good going. Unbelievable.
     19 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►
//Uplay Overlay login for community forums