Thread: Ubisoft is aware of the high cpu usage and is planning to fix in a future update | Forums

AOD_SN0ST0RM's Avatar Junior Member

Ubisoft is aware of the high cpu usage and is planning to fix in a future update

was on a chat with an adviser about deluxe edition stuff missing and thought i'd ask bout the cpu usage, seems like it is known and being worked on.
    Me (29/10/2017, 10:53:56): whilst im here, is there any word on a fix for the high cpu usage alot of people are having?
    Me (29/10/2017, 10:54:14): and the ability points have been added thank you very much
    NigelB (29/10/2017, 10:56:20): You're very welcome. We plan to address this in a future update to the game.
    Me (29/10/2017, 10:56:41): oh so thats a know bug then? awesome!
    NigelB (29/10/2017, 10:58:30): it certainly is. Once we have more information on our upcoming update(s), it will be posted on our forums.
     6 people found this helpful

corinarh's Avatar Junior Member
    And what about GPU usages? It's always at 96-99% and even if they fix cpu usage it will still drop all the time to 40-50fps... And sometimes to as low as 20-30fps (in cave in some mission)

mor.gun's Avatar Member
    Promising info. But they really should have been made this info public as well as setting ETA
     1 people found this helpful

FOX_1976_FOX's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by mor.gun Go to original post
    Promising info. But they really should have been made this info public as well as setting ETA
    You are absolutely correct Sir! Ubisoft´s silence is making things only worse.

Razrback16's Avatar Senior Member
    As soon as they fix this CPU utilization issue and release an SLI profile, I'll go buy the gold edition on steam.

CaptainGigaX's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by corinarh Go to original post
    And what about GPU usages? It's always at 96-99% and even if they fix cpu usage it will still drop all the time to 40-50fps... And sometimes to as low as 20-30fps (in cave in some mission)
    GPU usage is meant to be 100%. You always want your GPU fully utilized when gaming.

ai_ab's Avatar Member
    This probably means that your GPU is bottlenecking the performance. To improve the performance decrease the graphics settings or upgrade the GPU.

ETSubmariner's Avatar Member
    DRM making a mess to boot? Last rumor had 4 DRM packages running, if rumors are to be believed.

Bahjabroni's Avatar Member
    Uh, this is a good thing. If its lower that means your CPU is likely not up to snuff with what you're trying to do. In this game's case, the CPU load is absolutely bonkers.

This game has a multitude of problems in regards to CPU utilization, but GPU usage is SUPPOSED to be high. A better optimized game will put the work on the GPU, this is why people buy the monster GPUs. The only thing you need to be concerned with in respect to your GPU is its temperatures while stressed. As long as your temps are ok, if its being worked to 99% don't worry. You want your GPU to be the workhorse with games.

Its pretty clear to me that they actually did a decent job with this port, but mucked it all up with the DRM nonsense.

As its already been said you could have a bottleneck somewhere, but it could very well be the same problem that people are having in respect to CPU utilization, but you needn't worry about high GPU usage at all. This means your GPU is doing the job you want it to do, but you didn't post any specs so its impossible to say if you are having a bottleneck or just having the same issue many of us are having. I have a GTX 1080 and this game runs like crap because of the CPU utilization, but the GPU usage is right where I expect it (around the same 90-99%).

Is it always that high regardless of what you're doing? My guess is you probably have "Maximum Performance" set in NVidia Control Panel if so.

Astr4len's Avatar Member
    Apparently Ubisoft denies DRM being the reason for high CPU usage : https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...creed-origins/

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums