elieselhachem's Avatar Junior Member

Max pre rendered frame

Put max pre rendered frame to 1 in nvidia control panel will help

mor.gun's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by elieselhachem Go to original post
    Put max pre rendered frame to 1 in nvidia control panel will help
    It's already 1, and it wont help for tworeasons:
    - I'm running G-Sync and high refresh rate, so it's already 1
    - max prerendered frames helps only in cases when GPU is the bottleneck, so the CPU has some time to prepare next frames. This isn't the case here, cuz CPU is the bottleneck and GPU is underutilized.

sinixi92's Avatar Junior Member
    i5 6600k 4.10 and r9 390 can't get this game to run well in any settings always 100% cpu usage even after patch.
    Next time I'm buying it on steam so I can refound so frustrating that ubisoft can't say anything clear.

ETSubmariner's Avatar Member
    Still BSOD for me with this game (and only this game) after 1.03. Still no fix for low sounds too. But hey! We got new photo mode stuff! Cause that's what's important, right?

halixen85's Avatar Junior Member
    I gave AC:O another go while waiting for the refund to come through, and played with the diagnostics HUD (F1). Both CPU and GPU are running at 100%.
    Now i'm not all overly techsavvy, but if the CPU is bottlenecking then the GPU wouldn't be running at 100% would it? Unless they are perfectly evenly balanced
    which a non OC 6700K and 1080Ti ain't.

So far i haven't seen any improvement from the 25mb update i had to DL while starting AC:O up.

macman999's Avatar Junior Member
    Update 1.03 does not fix the cpu usage issue for me whatsoever. Game still plays like A$$

javitabara's Avatar Junior Member

Marginal improvement since 1.03 patch

There's been some marginal improvements with this patch, the game runs a bit smoother and there are some fps gains.
    I'm running it on a 16gb ram, i5 6500, gtx 960 4gb with a slight oc rig. There are still a lot of dips in framerate and stuttering mostly in cities and crowded areas, though.
    Whatever they are doing is clearly not enough, because the bottleneck it's still there, but for me at least, it feels like a step in the right direction.
    How about you guys? did it work for you?

Spion_Kopite's Avatar Junior Member
    I'm experiencing what the majority of others are experiencing. I've been on the Steam discussions for the majority of the day looking for and trying to share workarounds for the problem but I'm not an expert and can only do so much using nvidia tools and overclocking tools for the cpu.

Basically, as has been discussed, my GPU isn't being worked too hard while my CPU is doing all it can. Lowering the graphical settings of the game is doing little to improve the game-play as the CPU is at 100% for 99% of the time.

i7-4790k
    Palit GameRock Premium 1080ti
    16gb ram

4K ultra, AA disabled and 1080p ultra are getting the same low results in the benchmark.

elieselhachem's Avatar Junior Member

Future gaming cpu's

Guys the truth is

i5 dead from 1 years ago
    all games now and the coming future especially the open world are using the 6 cores cpu's
    from now, minimum cpu requirement is 6 cores, recommended is 8 cores.
    this is the truth , accept it.
    this game run's very well on my PC especially after the 1.03 patch and it use all my 16 thread with 50 % C[U usage on each average.

Animator_Alex's Avatar Member
    The massive stuttering seems to be fixed now it's just the CPU usage that is still locked at 100% that's keeping me from 60FPS. I have a 4 core i5 4670K though so maybe it's time to upgrade lol

//Uplay Overlay login for community forums