What happens after beyond good and evil 2?

If beyond good and evil 2 succeeds. Do you think they well make dlc or a beyond good and evil 3?

I mean a sequel for beyond good and evil 3. What a lot of fans have been waiting for. Thought a prequel is still cool.

DLC first. ofc. But then, they may stay in this era for some time. I mean BG&E 3 can be about this team again.
     1 people found this helpful

There would be story dlc. But a lot of people want a squeal to beyond good and evil. I don't think the characters in BG&E 2 will be forgotten.

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Definitely DLC, new areas within established planets to explore would be good for sides missions. I just want BG&E2 to be the best it can be for now.
     2 people found this helpful

I agree. New planets and new areas to explore. Hopefully story based dlc. I think beyond good and evil 2 will be a great game. I think they can't screw up.

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    I have alot of faith in Ancel, but what the thing that worries me is performance, specifically on consoles. Usually, it's high visual fidelity that can hamper performance, but in Beyond Good & Evil 2's case it could be having multiple planets. With the scale being that large, just wondering how the whole experience is going to run well let alone being seamless.

I do understand you. But a playstaion can handle no mans sky and beyond good and evil 2 will only have a handful of planets with lots of detail. I think they have found a way to make it work on consoles and pc's but not nintedo switch.

Originally Posted by Rockets-rocket Go to original post
    I do understand you. But a playstaion can handle no mans sky and beyond good and evil 2 will only have a handful of planets with lots of detail. I think they have found a way to make it work on consoles and pc's but not nintedo switch.
    No Man's Sky naturally would not be that performance heavy of a game, sure there is technically an 'infinite' universe or whatever, but...

1: The game is very stylised and minimialstic and basically not too polygon heavy, compared the seemingly complicated and realistic look of BGE2.

2: No Man's Sky is only ever drawing the area around you and no matter where you go, that planet has already decided it only ever need to draw the same 3 kinds of plant, 4 kinds of rock, these 8 colour variations etc, so no matter how many miles you trek across the world, you'll wind up loading in the exact same assets. On the surface, not that taxing performance wise. BGE looks to have quite sprawling and detailed citys full of variation, but that is all conjecture based on what we've seen so far and what we've been told.

My worry is this- it's more or less confirmed now you only play as your customisable character.. now, what does that mean for the future of the series in terms of returning to Jade again? Surely if BGE 2 does well, then that will become the new BGE formula, going back to a single protagonist would surely be seen as a 'step back' by the mass majority.

I'm very scared we'll never be in Jade's shoes for her continuing adventure ever again, rather, we might just play as accomplices to her story.

Don't get me wrong, the more I think about it, the more i'm getting psyched to explore the expanding BGE universe as just another citizen in a big living world, but hopefully this just serves as setting up some much needed backdrop and origin for what's to come next in the BGE franchise, to serve as a contrast maybe, to the world that the universe becomes that we will hopefully see in Jade and Pey'Js next big adventure.
     1 people found this helpful

I agree with. I have never play no mans sky and never will. So I just assumed it ran find on the playstation and that character customization will happen and I hope it happens or at least give us more than one character to play as. Like we could play as Knox, Jade, Pey'j, Shani and Dakini. I know beyond good and evil 2 is a prequel and Jade is not in it, but give us unique characters to play as with special abilities.