Thread: Can we get some info as to why the PS4 version is so unstable? | Forums

Can we get some info as to why the PS4 version is so unstable?

Since Blood Orchid dropped it's been an absolute mess.

Terrible hit reg, no damage head shots, blood sprays everywhere, no damage.
    Neck shots no longer counting as head shots.

Game out of sync. Showing completely different scenarios, positions. Drone scan not working, identifying enemies non existent, scanning players 3 ft away from their position.

Bullets doing f all damage through sufaces, yet buckshot seems to be getting a damage boost.

Impact grenades no longer creating reliable holes, nor shotguns.

I'm fed up with the state of the game at this stage. There's absolutely no reason for it to be like this.
     1 people found this helpful

Microsoft brand servers are used from what I heard.
     2 people found this helpful

UbiNoty's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by J1vebunny Go to original post
    Since Blood Orchid dropped it's been an absolute mess.

Terrible hit reg, no damage head shots, blood sprays everywhere, no damage.
    Neck shots no longer counting as head shots.

Game out of sync. Showing completely different scenarios, positions. Drone scan not working, identifying enemies non existent, scanning players 3 ft away from their position.

Bullets doing f all damage through sufaces, yet buckshot seems to be getting a damage boost.

Impact grenades no longer creating reliable holes, nor shotguns.

I'm fed up with the state of the game at this stage. There's absolutely no reason for it to be like this.
    I'm sorry to hear that. This all came with the Blood Orchid update? Have you sent in a support ticket? If you can, please do so and make sure to report all the problems you've been having - and I'll be forwarding this along from my end as well.

Welcome Noty, glad to have ya aboard.

It's been like this from day one mate, albeit this update has brought about old recurring problems. WBBcoop has posted videos of headshots etc, time dilation.

I don't have a Pc to properly upload, and trimming the videos will take a while.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Yea that Monty thing stung a bit (it sucked hard actually), but it was the worst one I've experienced..or at least noticed due to his shield being a point of reference.

My particular issue was the appearance of time alignment hinkyness..and the headshot vid showed my 5 headshot ace. Kinda both ends of the spectrum I'd admit..but nonetheless has been forwarded for examination.

Then there is also this blog coming up (by the end of the month (fingers crossed)), and from what my gut R6 feelings are telling me is that we are going to appreciate what we are to be looking forward to in the very near future.

You have to admit, there is that feeling in the air..don't you think?

-til later

No, its unstable across all platforms im sure. The microsoft servers are also not helping. Go to youtube, there is a detailed analysis on these microsoft rented r6 servers. Total trash.

Got to agree with what has been said in this thread.....some lobbys feel stiff like stirring porridge, out of sync and clunky.....the next match will be smooth as butter.....the servers seem up and down, hit and miss, thats been the nature of the beast on ps4 for a good while now.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    I would also like to add that there seems to be an issue within the ps4 console itself.

Yesterday I was having massive UI lag (felt like input lag) which affected my game as much as it did the console navigation. I searched the problem and found that there might be a need to rebuild the ps4 database when performance is an issue.

For sh*ts and grins, I decreased the amount of apps shown on the home page, which resulted in a huge improvement. I'm not saying that the game isn't your problem, I'm simply suggesting that you try to improve the consoles performance as it does have its own set of issues that bleed into our gaming experience..

UbiNoty's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for getting back to me everyone. It's still unclear if it's tied directly to the BO update, but I've made note of it to be looked into. And thanks for the tip WBBCoop!