1. #1
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724

    why wont you listen too me

    first off I don't even play this game anymore, occasionallyI my judgment will lapse and i'll start it up, but I am soon reminded why I no longer play what could have been an amazing game,

    first off, chip damage needs too be able too kill, if you don't see that by now, you are not playing (testing) your own game, this can be balanced for 4v4 modes by reducing or negating any chip damage coming from sources you are not currently locked onto (i'm actually not sure if this is already how it works, as I have not played any 4v4 game modes in several months)

    gb normalization is a good thing kudos you made a good decision, but now your going too have too rework feinting just a little bit, as it will soon have very little use, again this is not the first time I've made this suggestion, you need too narrow the feint input window too start up (the first 100ms or less) this will make feinting in response to another players feint much more difficult, or conversely you could separate the input entirely as you should have done during development, i.e make light attack the new parry, or the new feint, the first suggestion obviously being more viable for the current build of the game,

    you also need too remove GB vulnerability frames entirely after the first attack in a chain, I cant count how many times I've been punished for simpley attacking in dominion mode by someone GB in the middle of my chain,

    also you could please bring back time snaps or remove lag entirely from your game, obviously the former is much more practical, OR nerf the attack speeds on some of the fastest moves such as PK zone attack
    Share this post

  2. #2
    ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    973
    I'm genuinely curious, what would making light attack the new parry or feint button achieve? Other than getting rid of Light attacks. I'm not sure why one would want to change parry from RT (Xbox) to RB, it would make things a lot more confusing as you would want to use a light attack but instead do...nothing? If RB becomes parry that is, or even feint.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724
    Originally Posted by ChampionRuby50g Go to original post
    I'm genuinely curious, what would making light attack the new parry or feint button achieve? Other than getting rid of Light attacks. I'm not sure why one would want to change parry from RT (Xbox) to RB, it would make things a lot more confusing as you would want to use a light attack but instead do...nothing? If RB becomes parry that is, or even feint.
    first off you don't get rid of light attacks. light attacks become the new parry, you parry with whatever button is light attack, and as the game is now it is most definitely not my first choice too fix feinting as a mechanic, it is something they should have considered during development (perhaps they did idk) or something too consider during the development of FH2, and the purpose of which is too completely remove the ability too feint after a failed parry, example your opponent feints heavy at you, you attempt too parry then you realize he feinted then you feint in response, separating the parry from feint, you essentially remove the ability too do this, ( you cannot feint a light attack)

    and I believe these two things are at the heart of the def meta, chip damage is the punish for passive def, we have chip but it cant kill you, making any increase too chip damage useless, and you have feinting the punish too active defense i.e parry, i'm not saying my suggestions are the best solutions, maybe someone has thought up some better ones but its hard too argue that feinting as a mechanic could not use some kind of improvement especially with the impending changes too heavy start up
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Jazz117Volkov's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    5,932
    There's a few issues here. One being that some characters already have a "parry" on light attack.

    More importantly though, changing feint input timing will make turtling worse. The reason everyone turtles so much is because attacking is more dangerous than defending. If you remove the ability to react to a feint then attacking is even more dangerous than before. The meta will get worse.

    2 + 2 = 4
    Share this post

  5. #5
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724
    again changing parry too light attack is not my first choice it would require a major rework of many different mechanics and characters,

    if you narrow the feint window it'll just make parrying more dangerous, and reward players who can differentiate between a feint and an attack, and if chip could kill it would punish those who play passively waiting for an obvious parry.

    what you said doesn't make a lot of sense too me, maybe you could reword it or something because as I read you contradict yourself within the span of two sentences
    Share this post

  6. #6
    DFQN1's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    267
    Originally Posted by Jazz117Volkov Go to original post
    There's a few issues here. One being that some characters already have a "parry" on light attack.

    More importantly though, changing feint input timing will make turtling worse. The reason everyone turtles so much is because attacking is more dangerous than defending. If you remove the ability to react to a feint then attacking is even more dangerous than before. The meta will get worse.

    2 + 2 = 4
    Why would attacking be more dangerous than defending?
    If a turtle tries to parry a heavy with a light the opponent has a free parry. So basically attacking would be more rewarding.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724
    Originally Posted by DFQN1 Go to original post
    Why would attacking be more dangerous than defending?
    If a turtle tries to parry a heavy with a light the opponent has a free parry. So basically attacking would be more rewarding.
    that would be the case if the game was designed around such a mechanic, but as it is now such a change has many obstacles, 1. feint recovery might not even be fast enough too allow you too parry after a light attack, conversely you could make light attacks the only feintable attacks while leaving heavy as parry, but this would require whole new animations for the entire roster, either way you do it it is more difficult a challenge than I would like too place on ubisofts weak shoulders, the easier change being the afore mention timing of the input
    Share this post

  8. #8
    ChampionRuby50g's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    973
    Originally Posted by nyrue Go to original post
    first off you don't get rid of light attacks. light attacks become the new parry, you parry with whatever button is light attack, and as the game is now it is most definitely not my first choice too fix feinting as a mechanic, it is something they should have considered during development (perhaps they did idk) or something too consider during the development of FH2, and the purpose of which is too completely remove the ability too feint after a failed parry, example your opponent feints heavy at you, you attempt too parry then you realize he feinted then you feint in response, separating the parry from feint, you essentially remove the ability too do this, ( you cannot feint a light attack)
    Ahhh I follow now, the way you explained it then just clicked with me. I can see this working, not a bad idea mate.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724
    the point is that feinting is the mechanic designed too punish people for bad parries but it doesn't work cause people just cancel their attacks, reworking feinting is preferable too nerfs too parry because feinting is more or less innocuous to 4v4 game modes, if reworking feinting does not see the desired result then I would suggest taking a look at parry, but only after reworking feiting as a mechanic

    and again chip damage needs too kill,
    Share this post

  10. #10
    nyrue's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    724
    bump
    Share this post