Ubi-Ligario's Avatar Community Manager

Steep Road to the Olympics – New events, New Story Mode, New Mountains

The Olympic Winter Games are kicking off next February in PyeongChang, South Korea, but players can experience the competitive thrills and inspiring stories early when the Road to the Olympics expansion launches for Steep on December 5. Road to the Olympics will introduce a new story mode that takes players on a journey through the world of freestyle competition. As they work their way up to qualify for Olympic competition and strive for gold in Big Air, Half Pipe, and Slopestyle, players will be cheered on with tips and insights from real Olympians, including Lindsey Vonn, Bode Miller, Sage Kotsenburg and more.

Outside of the story mode, players will be able to compete for medals and online leaderboard glory in Giant Slalom, Slalom, Super-G, Downhill, Parallel Giant Slalom, Halfpipe, Snowboard Cross, Slopestyle, Big Air, Ski Halfpipe, Ski Cross, and Ski Slopestyle, all held on new South Korean slopes. Road to the Olympics also introduces an expansive new massif set in Japan, where multiple new peaks loom over slopes dotted with temples and cherry blossom forests. Players can cut loose and take on a ton of new challenges while enjoying the new rail-grind mechanic and, of course, the deep powder that Japanese slopes are famous for.

Steep Road to the Olympics arrives on December 5th, and if you already own Steep, you’ll be able to purchase the Road to the Olympics expansion and dive right in. If you’re hitting the slopes for the first time, you can pick up the Steep Winter Games Edition, which includes the base game and Road to the Olympics, or the Steep Winter Games Gold Edition, which includes the base game, Road to the Olympics, and the original Season Pass, which gives you access to three previously released add-on packs featuring additional sports, challenges and outfits.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the good things you're doing This looks incredible, I'll probably be the first one to buy it when it comes out
     1 people found this helpful

Is this included with the original Gold edition of Steep? I paid $90 for it and the other DLC has been “meh”. So if it’s not included, I will never buy another Ubisoft game again. I mean I could have saved $30 and bought the new version and had everything.
     4 people found this helpful

beastinlondon's Avatar Member
    I want it, but only if it's the right price. Going by forza horizon 2's storm island expansion cost as an example, £15-£16 is decent. Otherwise you might as well call this Steep 2 as a full game.

Originally Posted by sbelli Go to original post
    Is this included with the original Gold edition of Steep? I paid $90 for it and the other DLC has been “meh”.
    I also woud like a reply to that question please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kUS_r1ms1Q
    IN THIS GAMEPLAY OF SKIING OLYMPICS ...THE RAIL STANCE OF SKIING IS SON UNREALISTIC PLEASE FIX THAT GUYS....AND THE TOP TUBES RAIL ARENT WORKING WELL BECAUSE WHEN YOU LAND YOU ARE TO CLOSE OF THE NEXT JUMP.....WHO IS DOING THIS ?

PLEASE HIRED ME AND I CAN HELP

"New Mountains"
    So Japan is free for all and South Korea is only for the Storymode/Winterolympic DLC?
    And i really hope Japan is a big difference to the other two, not only deep snow and japanese trees, because in the video i looks like that are the only two differences :/

The new Japan and South Korea massif is part of the expansion. The South Korea area will be focused only on the new Olympics events while Japan is more for freeroaming and other challenges you are used to find in Steep

beastinlondon's Avatar Member
    Ok I have a price peeve here with the new expansion and gold editions on the ubisoft site store.
    I got the normal gold edition for £64.99 from the store at launch. Now that edition is £44.99 and the winter gold edition is £59.99 which includes normal gold editon and the expansion. So how about this for an idea, just throwing it out there, I get a £5 refund and the winter expansion for free. Because the expansion on it's own is £24.99, add that to the £64.99 and that's £89.98, a full £29.99 more than if someone were to buy the winter gold edition now. That a bit unfair I think. Either that or increase the cost of the winter gold editon to £89.98. Or you know, pass this on to whoever sets these prices.

What you are saying doesn't consider that all games, after 1 year, are cheaper. Even if you buy Steep now you are able to find it with a big discount. It's normal and this is the way our industry works and I think we all like that as gamers.

If you already own the game and the season pass, you can just buy the expansion. The winter edition is for new players, to give them a way to join us and get a complete package without having the need to buy a lot of different pieces.