kaaskop55's Avatar Junior Member

Character customisation

I was wondering seeing all the concept art lately of how much freedom you will get for the character customisation.
    For example I haven't seen a hybrid with a tail could there be an option to add or remove tails ect.

Ganet2's Avatar Member
    Gotta say I agree. Tails on many hybrids would certainly assist with extra balance especially in say your bloodsports arenas. Offering that bit of an extra edge especially if they're prehensile tails.

While upright means a tail is less required from an evolutionary standpoint it doesn't make it less useful.

Asian-Scalie's Avatar Junior Member
    I think tails need to be added to beyond good and evil 2. Like some of the hybrids I've seen would look better with a tail. Hopefully they allow us the option to add or remove a tail.

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Ancel did say he wanted space travel but due to lack of technology, as well animation problems, he was unable to. So tails could of also caused animation problems. So, hybrids in BGE may of had tails, they were just "invisable" too us, but in the game world they could see their tails. Kinda of similar to Sten the Qunari in Dragon Age: Origins. Bioware wanted Sten to have horns, like all Qunari. However, due to helmet animation conflict, they had his horns removed and created lore as to why he was a hornless Qunari. Maybe something similar to BGE1 hybrids. Hybrids who were slaves had their tails docked <insert reason>. We of today do it to animals all the time ex: dogs - specifically dobermans, or horses who pull carriages so it doesn't get caught in the wheels (I always thought the Amish just did it as an excuse to look at a horse's backside *Shrugs*)

I think they should include tails, because it could be a status thing. Docked tail = slave and/or created, where tail = a hybrid born free. This could help with RP, because you could choose if your hybrid was/n't a slave.

Soulid_Snake's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by KIERROK Go to original post
    Now? I think they should include tails, because it could be a status thing. Docked tail = slave and/or created, where tail = a hybrid born free. This could help with RP, because you could choose if your hybrid was/n't a slave.
    This is a seriously cool! You need to make a suggestion in the Space Monkey program for this!!!

With customisation, I didn't even know it existed, has it been confirmed? I think they will set the base features out for customisation, like eye, hair colour and styles, clothes. But as for heights, body weight, this could be alot of hard work as they have to design each hybrid for various body types.

KIERROK's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Soulid_Snake Go to original post
    This is a seriously cool! You need to make a suggestion in the Space Monkey program for this!!!

With customisation, I didn't even know it existed, has it been confirmed? I think they will set the base features out for customisation, like eye, hair colour and styles, clothes. But as for heights, body weight, this could be alot of hard work as they have to design each hybrid for various body types.
    Did you see the character modelling on the 1 hour stream? I think they were saying that was how they wanted character creation to be. There's also this https://bgegame.com/2017/06/30/bge2-...er-line-up-01/ They don't want us limited by certain looks.

Hyaenu's Avatar Junior Member
    That's something I been curious about too, especially for the hybrids, so many animals to choose from.

Will it just be a small selection of a few animals they make, or more like a module system of bits and bobs of many types of animals to create one of your own, either real or made up?