Thread: Casual MMR Experience & Lone Wolf/Mercenary Matchmaking Search System. | Forums

Casual MMR Experience & Lone Wolf/Mercenary Matchmaking Search System.

I want to try and keep this as brief as possible, so to get right to the point. I play Siege solo the majority of the time leading me to play Casual over Ranked. Operation Blood orchid brought MMR to Casual, which I am all for. What I am not all for is the fact that I'm basically being subjected to longer matchmaking times, Network issues (even to the point of being moved to further data centres) and on top of that is the huge abundance of squads. And all of this is because the MMR system assesses that I maybe do averagely well in a Casual match here and there so I now should play under more competitive circumstances. To put it in to perspective, I legitimately see the same squads of gold+ ranks/high ping players so regularly to the point that I feel I see them more than some of my close friends and family.

That being said, I have no idea whether or not the MMR system is broken for Casual and I'm unaware, or if this is the Siege player base on NEU Xbox right now. All I can say is that this wasn't the case pre-patch Blood Orchid.

Regardless, one of the only solutions that I could think of that would help combat the severe team imbalances, which could also be applied to Ranked, would be to add in a stringent Lone wolf/Mercenary system meaning when I search for a game I can chose to only match with other people playing solo too. The option could be implemented in the the way that you decide to use the Lone Wolf or Matchmaking setting in Terrorist Hunt. I'm not saying this would fix the current matchmaking times or connections, if anything it would probably make them worse, but at the cost of having fair and balanced teams I'd say it would be worth it especially considering its optional, fixing 1 out of 3 issues ain't bad.

WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HattoriHanzo420 Go to original post
    Operation Blood orchid brought MMR to Casual
    What MMR do you speak of?

Solo players are filler material..nothing more. They can't segregate the solo pool without seriously screwing up the matchmaking. Sorry..

Ubisoft added a updated casual MMR with Blood Orchid, meaning you will be matched against players of a similar skill level based on prior performances in casual.

However I feel you missed the entire point of my post. The search system would be optional for solo players, but by your logic solo players shouldn't have an option to play with other solo players due to segregation of the matchmaking system, even though I'm physically already being segregated to constantly play against the same squads anyway? you would just rather me have matches be completely noncompetitive due to severe team imbalances. Furthermore, my overall experience should now also be degraded based on this segregation provided by the MMR that I'm already facing because of the longer matchmaking times/network issues, all to play against competition the game feels is of a similar skill even if they're playing in a full squad. Did you even read the entirety of my post to take in my point of view?

Thanks for you condescending response though especially your 'Sorry' at the end as if your opinion is automatically correct so you have to apologise for being so unequivocally certain the that you opinion is fact, even though you have no evidence to back it up.

Thanks for you condescending response though especially your 'Sorry' at the end as if your opinion is automatically correct so you have to apologise for being so unequivocally certain the that you opinion is fact, even though you have no evidence to back it up.
    You stated the MMR system was the source or your problem..I asked what the included MMR is (I dont think it exists). Match times are so quick that I cant even buy an attatchment without backing out to the main menu. Sounds like an issue on your end..or your servers..or your player pool limitations. I dunno..but its not a common issue currently with Siege.

You want to have an option to play with other solo players exclusively. I said...no..its not gonna happen..sorry. As in..I'm sorry, but your idea is not going to fly as we have discussed this approach many times in the past. There will be no solo matchmaking..at least I dont think so based on historical discussions.

Sorry if I sounded like a wang..its just me and my typing style. There are no sinister motives in my words..even though sometimes it may appear that way.
     1 people found this helpful

I dont think it exists
    Ok, it doesn't exist then...https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...g_in_season_3/

Sounds like an issue on your end..or your servers..or your player pool limitations
    I literally state that the issue is unclear to me, but that my only assumption is the Casual MMR implementation with Blood Orchid, due to this issue not being prevalent prior to Blood Orchid. "That being said, I have no idea whether or not the MMR system is broken for Casual and I'm unaware, or if this is the Siege player base on NEU Xbox right now. All I can say is that this wasn't the case pre-patch Blood Orchid."

You want to have an option to play with other solo players exclusively. I said...no..its not gonna happen..sorry. As in..I'm sorry, but your idea is not going to fly as we have discussed this approach many times in the past. There will be no solo matchmaking..at least I dont think so based on historical discussions.
    Once again you have provided no evidence to back this up. Link me posts where this has been discussed before which have then had responses by Ubi developers saying it's definitively not happening? Without that your entire point is purely opinion based. So, considering you cant trust my word "I dont think it exists" then why would I trust yours? If your going to completely dismiss my entire point of view then at least try to convince me why you believe your point is so well founded, hence why it disproves mine.

Sorry if I sounded like a wang..its just me and my typing style. There are no sinister motives in my words..even though sometimes it may appear that way.
    Finally, If you self admittedly state that you don't mean to have a 'sinister' motive with your words but that it may appear that way then maybe should adjust the way that you respond to people instead of thinking that 'its just me and my typing style' is an excuse for your immature way of conversing.

Well, I've been here basically every day for the last 19 months..and I can say for sure that it was heavily implied that any form of Solo matchmaking will never happen. I have no inclination to support my statement just as much as you don't need those links to get an answer yourself.

I see that Zoro has been doing tons of reading and replying recently, maybe he could answer your request..or pass it along. But I should warn you that the Solo mode has not been a great request of the community in the past, and that resources spent to create such a third game mode would probably not be a commitment that I would request from them at this time.

How about this..I don't like your idea because it focuses on the Solo Player, which is only a fraction of what Siege has to offer. For them to create a system that pushes the game further towards the solo mind set would be suicide at this point. Let the game die out a tad before suggesting a free for all mode. Might I suggest trying to squad more often so solve your problems in the mean time.

ETA: Zoro wont touch that MMR link..nor will I. It would only bring us down again. Its a sensitive subject of which I hope you would end.

Wait, you think that what I'm suggesting is a FFA deathmatch mode? You have missed my suggestion so wildly I cant even believe this conversation has gone this far without you making this more clear. At no point have I implied this as my suggestion. "one of the only solutions that I could think of that would help combat the severe team imbalances, which could also be applied to Ranked, would be to add in a stringent Lone wolf/Mercenary system meaning when I search for a game I can chose to only match with other people playing solo too." where in this remark does it come across that I'm suggesting a FFA deathmatch?

The whole premise of the mercenary search system is centred around the fact that I have constantly been playing against the exact same squads, which I hypothesise is because the new casual MMR is matching people based on their ranks rather than the previous system that matched players based on individual squad sizes—e.g. in the past if I had started the matchmaking process in a squad of 5 then the game would try to place me against an opposing team comprised of another 5 player squad, or in the case of playing solo the matchmaking would attempt to comprise my team of solo players as well as the opposing team. Maybe I should have explained this already, that's my fault, however the suggestion that I'm making is essentially to implement an optional system which would then guarantee that two 5 player teams would be comprised of only solo players.

I understand your point that the core component of Siege is built upon communicative teamwork and that in no way should this game move away from that, but are you honestly saying that if I'm playing solo I shouldn't then be allowed to play with a team comprised of other solo players of a similar rank, as well as having the enemy team under the same context, which could then lead to communication and teamwork because were all in the same situation of playing solo and are essentially looking for a team willing to communicate and work together cohesively, therefore playing on the foundation of which Siege is based? More than anything this suggestion is focused towards making Siege a overall more competitive and balanced experience for solo players allowing them the opportunity to play/work as a team with like minded players.

And once again, I don't even know if the MMR is causing the issue of me 'being subjected to longer matchmaking times, Network issues (even to the point of being moved to further data centres) and on top of that is the huge abundance of squads', but all I'm merely doing is giving my thought on a temporary workaround if this is the case. I don't even want to think what the issue could be if it Isn't the MMR because anything other than this would mean there is something vastly more detrimental to the actual functionality of the my game experience.

If Ubi thinks that we have enough players to segregate the 4 stack..then by all means, go for a third 'solo' mode. I'll bet casual will be a real hoot when the system has to find a reliable way to answer the universal question of how to combine 2,3,4 to make 5. Because what Solo player is willingly going to start up a match that includes stacks.

I also googled 'solo vs teams rainbow six siege' (copy/paste for yourself) which landed me some interesting archived stuff.

It's not a 'bad' idea..its just a fundamentally challenging one.

PS. could you please post a link to the BO patch notes that mention the inclusion of this MMR system they said they were going to put in? Its not the mmr..its something else.

If Ubi thinks that we have enough players to segregate the 4 stack..then by all means, go for a third 'solo' mode. I'll bet casual will be a real hoot when the system has to find a reliable way to answer the universal question of how to combine 2,3,4 to make 5. Because what Solo player is willingly going to start up a match that includes stacks.
    I feel you don't have any comprehension of the word 'optional', it's literally like you're trying to sway the discussion in your favour by ignoring specific details of my suggestion.

I also googled 'solo vs teams rainbow six siege' (copy/paste for yourself) which landed me some interesting archived stuff.
    I see that this isn't a new suggestion, which I was unaware of, but it makes sense that people have had the idea before me but considering the majority of the posts i checked seem to be more positive. So are you implying that these old post haven't influenced the implementation yet, so that definitively means it's not going to happen? I will say that the huge distinction is that my suggestion is based on an issue I am incurring constantly, whereas these posts were based on what would seem like a feature for player comfort. Furthermore, all the top search results are a minimum of 20 months old which means they are no related to this recent MMR update for Casual

PS. could you please post a link to the BO patch notes that mention the inclusion of this MMR system they said they were going to put in? Its not the mmr..its something else.
    I already linked a post directly to an extremely credible source of information from the Ubisoft community developer for SIege from Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/co...g_in_season_3/) granted, its not a link to the patch notes but 'I have no inclination to support my statement just as much as you don't need those links to get an answer yourself'

I have no inclination to support my statement just as much as you don't need those links to get an answer yourself'
    Ok great..so we're done here then.

Good luck on the thread..