For Honor Steam Charts Population

It's very sad to see that FH on Steam Charts runs 1300 people on a Friday night. I know what I think are the problems for the tiny player base. I'm interested in what YOU think. What do you feel is the reason that For Honor has less players per hour than some local dive bars. At what point does the admin in charge of this game look at his staff and go, "What you are doing is failing". Unbalanced classes. Limited game modes. The list goes on and on.I love For Honor. I want it to succeed but I don't know how it can.

Well this has been brought up before and based on what I've read from varying opinions of both people and publishers there's a few things that might be the cause.

First being that fighting games have never really been too compatible with PC games. Something about how the combo lists and controls are just too wonky.

Second that For Honor is using a p2p system rather than dedicated servers (not for much longer, though. Can't wait!) and for some reason PC players have had the worst issues when it comes to connectivity.

Third that For Honor on PC is a different game than it is on console. PC version everything is precise and hard to mess up. It takes less effort to parry, block, dodge etc. and I believe it has something to do with the ability of PC's to have higher FPS. Also on console it's been described, accurately, as a guessing game.

fourth being that PC players, in For Honor specifically, are by far the smallest playerbase. It's already hard enough finding matches and not dropping from them if someone leaves or gets disconnected on console, so take all of that and multiply for PC. Wait times are longer, connectivity is worse, disconnecting is more likely and of course there's always the potential of hacking.

Also, just to add on a little bit. Those are Steam Charts so anybody who purchased the game through steam and plays it through steam. It doesn't account for the players who bought hard copies or went through uplay.

All in all, I wouldn't take too much heart into what you you read on any chart from steam, at all. These are just a few issues that have been DRASTICALLY dumbed down and paraphrased from someone who doesn't know jack **** about computers or networking but i'm sure there are those that are more than happy to go into a much greater depth on the issue.

Tyrjo's Avatar Senior Member
    The playerbase on PC is tiny indeed. We will never get official numbers, but we can guess. Maybe FH pulls 2 500 people on a friday night on PC. Xbox 10 000, PS4 20 000. Just guessing though.

^accurate. Don't even get me started on peak hours. I'm a nightshift worker so a lot of games take a while to load up, so I usually load up an episode of a t.v. show I like to watch or play a game on my phone while I wait. Once watched an entire episode of rick and morty before I managed to find a game.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I think it's awesome, but good lawd dedicated servers couldn't come fast enough.

vgrimr_J's Avatar Senior Member
    Third that For Honor on PC is a different game than it is on console. PC version everything is precise and hard to mess up. It takes less effort to parry, block, dodge etc. and I believe it has something to do with the ability of PC's to have higher FPS. Also on console it's been described, accurately, as a guessing game.
    and this is why FH is balanced around pc and thats why they ruin it for us console players. we can give more data because we are the larger playerbase its funny how they run the pts notes and take a little tiny bit of feedback from it and say we had a lot of feedback. no. no you didn't

they dont give a rats *** about us console players its all about pc and who can yell NERF the most.

i mean look at warlord nerf they over did it wayyy to much. just because he is a big turtle on pc
    next up is centurion

Originally Posted by vgrimr_J Go to original post
    and this is why FH is balanced around pc and thats why they ruin it for us console players. we can give more data because we are the larger playerbase its funny how they run the pts notes and take a little tiny bit of feedback from it and say we had a lot of feedback. no. no you didn't

they dont give a rats *** about us console players its all about pc and who can yell NERF the most.

i mean look at warlord nerf they over did it wayyy to much. just because he is a big turtle on pc
    next up is centurion
    I dont play on pc but I suspect the same things based on the pc feedback I read vs. my own playing experience on console. They don't mesh most of the time.

Originally Posted by Archeun Go to original post
    It's very sad to see that FH on Steam Charts runs 1300 people on a Friday night. I know what I think are the problems for the tiny player base. I'm interested in what YOU think. What do you feel is the reason that For Honor has less players per hour than some local dive bars. At what point does the admin in charge of this game look at his staff and go, "What you are doing is failing". Unbalanced classes. Limited game modes. The list goes on and on.I love For Honor. I want it to succeed but I don't know how it can.
    No single matchmatching mixed queue, so you only get to play 1vs1 duels or dominion, no network fix since the launch, no network quality check between players so you dont play with laggers that make the game crash, interface is pretty lame.