A list of some of the major bugs on all platforms and NEW ones on switch

Hey ubisoft team and/or rayman legends devs!
    It comes to my attention that you guys aren't the best at checking your games post launch! I'm sure you don't care about all the other platforms as you guys haven't updated it since it's launch 3 years ago now but since 'rayman legends definitive edition' released yesterday somehow you've managed to make it the worst platform to currently to play on. SO i thought i'd give you a helpful hand in gathering all the bugs and glitches in the game so you can actually consider fixing!

Nintendo switch exclusive bugs and glitches
    -Big frame rate drops throughout the game
    Comments: Ok so i really hope you noticed this before launch but in some levels it is completely unplayable to play with frame drops while many enemies appear on screen. This is most evidential in world 3 and coming in and out of challenge paintings. Quite sad to see this since wii u and all other platforms can play at 60 fps even though some of them are worse hardware wise than the switch. Hot fix please. Here's evidence from djthed on snakes on a cake invaded. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wQF26fz-ZE https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveS...MacaroniFunRun
    -Very long loading screens
    Comments: Not a lot to say here apart from the switch has the longest loading screens on all platforms pretty embarrassing because we all know the nintendo switch has the potential to have no loading screens like xbox one and ps4. Here's evidence from djthed on stream showing a 1 minute load time (this happens more than you think)https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174392767
    -bugged leader boards on some invasions
    Comments: Some appear 'with no challenges available' or something along those lines,
    -Ghosts not working in all challenges apart from dojo.
    Comments: portraits at the start don't even show up and don't get your own ghosts.

All platform bugs
    -The Murphy reset bug
    Comments: This one is probably the most game breaking one in the whole game very easy to do and with it infinite jumping and break the camera which allows you to reach pretty much anywhere in the game including breaking Pit:Get as far as you can! where you can glitch outside of the pit and fall infinity allowing to get very high. scores.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3s7JN4UWqR0
    -(OLD GEN EXLCUSIVE) Ghosts don't appear of other people
    Comments: A ghost appears for yourself but no other ones for people with the portrait at the start of the challenge.
    -Broken walls,platforms in all distance challenges
    Comments:This starts around 33km ~ varies depending on the which distance your playing but same concept very hard to avoid and if you don't it will kill you.
    -(XBOX ONE AND PS4 EXCLUSIVE) paintings before entering challenges show the wrong challenge.
    Comments: Bugged for a few months now should be easy to do since ubi mya use to do it quickly when she still worked for ubi.
    -(PC EXCLUSIVE) Lighting bugs in background of game
    Comments: From thegamescolo: https://postimg.org/image/ot8u0196t/ https://postimg.org/image/sztofd8sl/ https://postimg.org/image/4bsxli3et/
    There are A LOT more bugs and i will continue to edit until an ubi moderator sees this!

-(IDEA) Ghosts for invasions!
    Comments: Can now see Your own Personal best ghost and other people's personal best ghosts!

Just an fyi if you don't at least consider looking at the game breaking bugs for the switch I will return the game so please just spend a little of your time updating it this one time so the switch truly has the best experience because it's the worst platform at the moment!
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Salvenius's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi Dommwolf,

I have moved this topic to the Technical Issues section (There will be a re-direct from the general discussion for a couple of days)

In regards to the actual issues. I am currently in the middle of gathering information for the team in regards to the long loading times and frame drops, so thanks for the links (makes my job easier ^_^) though since you have specifically created a topic about the loading issues, I will use that one for further information.

Regarding bugged challenges, are there any specific challenges you can think of that might help pin-point the problematic ones? Also in what way are they bugged, as in are they not showing up or stats skewed?

Overall, I can't promise anything but I can assure you that they will be passed on.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Salvenius Go to original post
    Hi Dommwolf,

I have moved this topic to the Technical Issues section (There will be a re-direct from the general discussion for a couple of days)

In regards to the actual issues. I am currently in the middle of gathering information for the team in regards to the long loading times and frame drops, so thanks for the links (makes my job easier ^_^) though since you have specifically created a topic about the loading issues, I will use that one for further information.

Regarding bugged challenges, are there any specific challenges you can think of that might help pin-point the problematic ones? Also in what way are they bugged, as in are they not showing up or stats skewed?

Overall, I can't promise anything but I can assure you that they will be passed on.
    Well it's finnaly nice to hear our voices heard! I'm not sure which one bug your specially referring too but every distance challenge has a spot where you get stuck on here's one from land of the living dead https://youtu.be/YZbF3IL6o_o here's one from Murphy distance https://youtu.be/AaDcACcf5A4 (near the end) here's one using the Murphy reset glitch (mentioned above) on pit distance https://youtu.be/Di1iUQ96fWQ here's one on tower https://youtu.be/bGscz8eHWXI at the end. Touching on the glitched painting for Xbox one and PS4 it's just the matter of it getting stuck on one in a challenge in the past and not changing daily after that I don't have an example but when you go onto challenges for Xbox one and PS4 it should be obvious. And ghosts still do not work in land pit and other challenges on the switch. Please take into consider all of the bugs and glitches (: thank you.

DJTHED's Avatar Member
    I think I might be able to provide more technical reasons as to why some of these issues might be happening.

Glitchy Collision in Distance Challenges:
    For the bugged distance challenges, my best guess there is that it's a limitation with Floating Point values. By that, I mean the larger the number stored in memory (the number in this case being your X value, the distance you traveled), the less precise that given value can be. I assume that's why the collision gets bugged at really large distance values. A possible solution is to occasionally reset the position of the player's X position and move the challenge level along with him? Might have problems with that solution though, but just an idea. This is looking like a limitation with the game's engine.

Nintendo Switch Performance Issues:
    I want to immediately tell you all right now that the issue is most likely a memory leak of some sort. When you launch the Switch version fresh, it performs fine. Going into any level shouldn't result in framerate drops as significant as shown in the video, and load times should be way more ideal than 60+ second loads. However, as time goes as the game continues without being reset, performance seems to gradually decrease. Loads get longer, and the framerate can get halved in more visually busy areas of the game, or even sometimes, wherever it wants to (Lucky Tickets). And usually the 60+ second loads usually occurs when exiting a level, not entering a level.

Challenges Ghosts not working:
    This has been a problem with many versions of the game for YEARS. Those version being the Wii U, PS3, Xbox 360, PS Vita, and now the Nintendo Switch version. The PC, PS4, and Xbox One seems to have fully functional ghosts as intended. And the ghosts for the other platforms certainly did used to work as intended too, but around the launch of the PS4 and Xbox One (around early 2014, 6 months after the launch of the original versions), ghosts simply will not load. Since they used to work and now they don't without any sort of patch or update to the game, this is most likely a server problem that's lasted for over 3 years.

So yes, ghosts, for the most part, will never load in the platforms I mentioned. There is one particular challenge type that do seem to work consistently with ghosts though, which are Dojo challenges. Maybe because the ghost's replay data is split into relatively small sections for each room? But very rarely do they work for other challenge types. Sometimes when you get a new personal best score in the challenge, you'll be able to see your own ghost if you had ghosts turned on. But as soon as you leave the challenge and go back, your ghost is also lost forever. This is frustrating to many players who rely on ghosts to know if they are on pace for a better time than another player or with their own scored time.

Invaded Leaderboards on Nintendo Switch not working:
    There are several invasions where leaderboards are not working. The ones that do not work say "No Challengers yet", which is now clearly not the case as the game's been out for a few days. The only score displayed is your own score if you've already completed the Invaded level. My best guess is that this is a server side problem.

I will now list all Invasions that have a broken leaderboard. These are consistently not working (or working) for all the invasions I mention at this time, at least for me it's consistent:
    Once Upon a Time (1-1): Not Working
    Creepy Castle (1-2): Working
    Enchanted Forest (1-3): Not Working
    Rope's Course (1-4): Not Working
    Quick Sand (1-5): Working
    How to Shoot Your Dragon (1-6): Not Working

Ray and the Beanstalk (2-1): Working
    The Winds of Strange (2-2): Working
    Castle in the Clouds (2-3): Working
    Altitude Quickness (2-4): Not Working
    When Toads Fly (2-5): Working

What the Duck? (3-1): Working
    Spoiled Rotten (3-2): Working
    I've Got a Filling (3-3): Not Working
    Snakes on a Cake (3-4): Working
    Lucha Libre Get Away (3-5): Not Working

The Mysterious Inflatable Island (4-1): Not Working
    Deadly Lights (4-2): Not Working
    Mansion of the Deep (4-3): Not Working
    Infiltration Station (4-4): Working
    Elevator Ambush (4-5): Working
    There's Always a Bigger Fish (4-6): Working

Shields Up... and Down (5-1): Not Working
    The Dark Creatures Rise (5-2): Working
    The Amazing Maze (5-3): Working
    The Great Lava Pursuit (5-4): Not Working
    Swarmed and Dangerous (5-5): Working
    Hell Break's Loose (5-6): Not Working

Concerning the glitch over 33km+ on distance challenges, I think this is in fact a good issue for 2 reasons ;
    - most of time a skilled solution to solve them exist, so players have to increase or search to improve their technic to go even further over this zone : this is a new motivation and a pride when we are able to success these glitch
    - if these glitch would not exist it would be very boring to go as far as possible and none death would be possible for players who master all the paths : so it would be potentially infinite, and just a question of time, whereas (and for example) on neverending pits, some glitch appear since 33.6km, so it become a bit harder, and you have to be better or change your technic to avoid them. It become even harder twice this distance at 67.2km, and again you have to learn new technics. and again It become even harder twice this distance at 134.4km etc.. So reach distance over 70km would not be the same if the difficulty is exactly the same than at 20km (I could reach each time (with one eye or very tired or drunk) 33km, but not 50 km with this poor level of concentration)

A very ****ting glitch (and I already contacted technical support without change) is the one you find on distance challenges for the gain of diamond cups :

If the last granted diamond spot (for example, be ranked 4th on 457 players) is a player with a score over 10 km, well this player WON'T have a diamond cup but only a gold cup. For example with 5 players and the 5th has succeeded 20km with 502 player : no diamond for him whereas he would have gained one with only 9999m. It's very ordinary on PSVita with the low quantity of players. The worst I saw recently was that :
    1st players 35.65km
    2nd : 33.21 km
    3rd : 33.21 km (and all the next players with distance under 10 km)
    And 344 players for this challenge. But as the last diamond spot was a tie : ONLY ONE diamond was granted (for the first player) it's very frustrating to make great performances

DJTHED's Avatar Member
    I can understand that, but I don't think it's really ideal to have to learn how to avoid glitchy collision just to get past 32km in a distance challenge that appears very, very frequently. It doesn't really matter if you prefer it to be glitchy or not, I don't really think the intention was have all the distance challenges have glitchy collision you need to work around if you are capable of reaching 32km in the first place. And suggesting to the devs to keep in buggy collision because it's raising the skill ceiling for these challenges (though technically true) seems a bit ludicrous to me.

But either way I doubt the devs have the resources to fix something like this that's pretty clearly a limitation with the engine (and the game's been out for 4 years, including the challanges app, so expecting a patch to change how the challenges work fundamentally is probably thinking too hopefully for someone like myself anyway...). What's more important right now is to fix the terrible performance on the Nintendo Switch Port, Fixing the ghosts (I would think this is an easy fix server side that can finally fix the ghosts on all platforms), and fix the invasion leaderboards on the Switch version.

BTW, the murfy's reset glitch don't exist at all on PSVita : you can't be a cheater on a distance pit

And, talking about limitations : the touchscreen version of murfy's dungeon as far as you can challenge on WiiU is totally bad programmed on a current path, and pretty unplayable, totally random (this is why no one can even reach 4000 m on this challenge at best on an extreme challenge (where you have inevitably to play like this)...) this is not the case on PSvita touchscreen version (whicht is totally different on many points though)

On PS4 also, it's not rare that a challenge you made only 2 or 3 days ago totally disappeared when you come back to be granted with cups : no cups, no challenge, no reward...

Originally Posted by Ubi-Salvenius Go to original post
    Hi Dommwolf,

I have moved this topic to the Technical Issues section (There will be a re-direct
    from the general discussion for a couple of days)

hey Ubisoft, been a week since they game has been launched and no word on that update? Game is still laggy as ever if not more. If you need any more proof please look at today's challenges which suffer with the worst frame drops yet. The longer you take the more players will leave.

DJTHED's Avatar Member
    The challenges from today and yesterday had no frame drops for me, but that's because I always enter the challenges with a fresh restart of the game. I'll need to be clear with this again. The game will lag more and more depending on how long it's been running, OR by how many levels you've loaded and unloaded, suggesting that it's a memory leak of some sort. The challenges from yesterday or today aren't laggier than before because of the challenges themselves, but how long you've kept the game running without restarting the game. THAT'S that main cause of it, not the type of challenges you're playing.

There are some instances where the game may still lag even with a fresh reboot though. For example, the Creatures room when you've got all the creatures and the lums haven't been collected, that room lags from fresh reboot. The Challenges Room (not the challenges themselves) will lag when in the Challenges Lobby room every couple of seconds. And I believe a couple levels from World 3 (Snakes on a Cake) lag as well. There's a level from the Back to Origins painting that also lags like crazy too on fresh reboot, but I can't find out what level it is exactly right now. Probably a few more places where the game will lag too.

This will hopefully get patched, but I'm currently doubtful due to the nature of how Ubisoft has treated Rayman Legends in the past. I suspect it's not in their financial interest to put resources towards fixing these issues. And if that is indeed the case, then it's just sad to see the "Definitive Edition" slogan pasted onto the box when every other version of the game is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, playing at a buttery smooth 60fps (bar the Vita version, but even that version is much more stable than the "Definitive Edition")

Ubi-Salvenius's Avatar Community Manager
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of replies, as you can imagine the team have to try and reproduce the issues and gather information before anything can be done.

Just a quick question, this is happening to you AFTER downloading and installing the day one patch, correct?