Thread: Lesion's goo mines are uncounterable (because invisible) | Forums

Lesion's goo mines are uncounterable (because invisible)

So you can't properly counter them, cause they are almost invisible. You don't have time to stare at the ground inside the house full of enemies looking for small, very low visible thing. You may say something about Thatcher, but he doesn't now when to throw his emp grenades, and IQ - she will still need to stare at the ground... Less but she needs
    to constantly switch her weapons anyway.

Sgt Astor's Avatar Member
    Take IQ and they will become visible. Her gadget can spot electronic devices at long range

Originally Posted by Sgt Astor Go to original post
    Take IQ and they will become visible. Her gadget can spot electronic devices at long range
    Which is the problem. She is now a must-pick because literally no other operator can find these things. The cloaking is better than Echo's gadget!

Did they get rid of Thatcher? Because last I checked he can destroy electronic's through walls.

Originally Posted by MandalorianGuy Go to original post
    Did they get rid of Thatcher? Because last I checked he can destroy electronic's through walls.
    Yeah, but good luck knowing where to throw those damn things in order to hit a Gu mine. Besides, Leison gets 7 of those bloody things anyways.

Originally Posted by Edd. Go to original post
    Yeah, but good luck knowing where to throw those damn things in order to hit a Gu mine. Besides, Leison gets 7 of those bloody things anyways.
    It's over time though and that's how I feel its balanced. I won a 1v4 match last night and the last one alive was Legion and I had destroyed at least 6 of his mines by the time I got to him with Thatcher. If he's anchoring, which he can be very, very good at, you have to be on your toes.

Thay can be spotted on drones thay look like little burry things

Originally Posted by Willis2515 Go to original post
    It's over time though and that's how I feel its balanced. I won a 1v4 match last night and the last one alive was Legion and I had destroyed at least 6 of his mines by the time I got to him with Thatcher. If he's anchoring, which he can be very, very good at, you have to be on your toes.
    Sounds to me like that Leison did a dummy and threw all of his Gu mines in the exact same spot, which allowed you to destroy multiple ones in one throw of an EMP each. A great example of how anyone can perform badly with anything - including things considered overpowered.

Here's a link to a thread I made from where you can read what I think of the new operators (no point rewriting what's already been written): http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-(Patch-Y2S3)

Originally Posted by Kenny324410 Go to original post
    Thay can be spotted on drones thay look like little burry things
    A lot tougher time to spot them after you get off drone however (excluding Twitch drones, which can just zap those bastards), as drones see things from the floor level and different light. This next bit is just specluation, but the hit box for Gu mines might break under some circumstances unknown to me. Example being:

I saw a Gu mine being thrown right in front of me and I could see where it stopped before turning invisible. Took 10 shots with Glaz's rifle (its hitreg has been fixed) with nothing. Then I shot the air beside the Gu mine and only then was a hit registered.

there shouldn't be anything "cloaked" in the game

IQ can spot them, Thatcher can chuck an EMP or two to clear an entrance or path, its not too tough to spot them w/ a Twitch drone and people often place them in fairly obvious places. The most important thing though? They're not that big a deal, seriously, just push through the relatively small amount of damage if in combat, and remove the needle when you're safe. The most dangerous part about triggering them is giving your position away, so you may need to re-position or expect company, but that Lesion is going to have to be paying attention to take advantage of that.

So that's three clear counters on a Defenders device that isn't lethal, you just have to pay attention. Look at where you expect to find one, and you'll notice it if you do. You simple have to be more careful as an Attacker now.

Keep in mind you also only have to deal with two, maybe three of them by the time your team is moving in. Them being hard to spot is not that much of a determent for your team.
     1 people found this helpful